23.8% chance of winning against the Chargers?

hoxrox

Reaction score
The line moved to Chargers -6. It was -8.5 on Monday.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Game is a tossup imo. Knowing that Keenan Allen is playing makes it a much tougher matchup. He's top 10 in the league at WR, easily.

boltfanseattle

Reaction score
Game is a tossup imo. Knowing that Keenan Allen is playing makes it a much tougher matchup. He's top 10 in the league at WR, easily.
I don't know about tossup. The chargers should win this game at home. But then again, its the chargers, so......Yeah, you're right, tossup lol.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's my opinion that these teams are pretty evenly matched right now. So, I see it as a tossup. And yep, it's the Chargers, you never know what you're gonna get. Man has that team blown a lot of games over the years. SO many.
And hey, to keep things consistent on here: After the Hawks win, we get to see several posts saying that we only won because the Chargers were too injured and/or sucked. Not because the Hawks played well. Trust me, it's coming............

Last edited:

boltfanseattle

Reaction score
It's my opinion that these teams are pretty evenly matched right now. So, I see it as a tossup. And yep, it's the Chargers, you never know what you're gonna get. Man has that team blown a lot of games over the years. SO many.
And hey, to keep things consistent on here: After the Hawks win, we get to see several posts saying that we only won because the Chargers were too injured and/or sucked. Not because the Hawks played well. Trust me, it's coming............
Assuming KA and corey linsley plays, I don't think you'd get the "too injured" excuse too much. They lost their LT, but his backup has been outstanding, and there hasn't been any drop off. Its really just Joey Bosa that will be missed, but they've generated pressure without him, so there shouldn't be much excuses there either. KA has to play though. If not, then the injury excuses I can see.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Id definitely put money on the Chargers. They aren't the Tards. Gonna need to see a few more good games by the defense to buy in on this team being more than 5 6 wins.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's human nature to subconsciously make calls that agree with the 70,000 fans yelling about penalties. The typical homefield advantage of 3 points is explained around half (1.5 points) by this officiating bias. The other half (1.5 points) is explained by increased/decreased offensive performance due to communication.

We don't have the sample size to determine if either of those applies to the Chargers at SoFI but I suspect they do not. From what I've seen there will likely be as many Hawks fans as Chargers fans in the crowd on Sunday. I'm not particularly concerned about officiating outcomes other than it just being bad.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Re home crowd influencing things....listening to Simmons and Cousin Sal guessing lines, they guessed something like 40% of the crowd being Hawk fans. I like the idea of being in a visiting stadium and having a 40% chance of sitting by a fellow Hawk fan!

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
If Keenan Allen is back that will make it a lot tougher though
Both Allen and Linsley are listed as questionable. That will make their offense better than in Denver game.

Their run defense is as bad as the Seahawks’. I think Walker will run 100+ yards and 2 TDS.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Even if KA plays, will Herbert be able to get the ball to him when he can't throw downfield with anything on the ball?

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Id definitely put money on the Chargers. They aren't the Tards. Gonna need to see a few more good games by the defense to buy in on this team being more than 5 6 wins.
You think this team is only winning 2-3 games the rest of the season...

Sad.

boltfanseattle

Reaction score
Ok, its officially a tossup. Keenan allen is out, corey linsley is back. However, Herbert is no longer on the injured report, so take that for what it is. However, his second TE donald parham is also out, and hes big on 3rd down catches and run blocking, so he only has mike williams, and a bunch of practice squad receivers to throw to now. This is a perfect chance for the gulls take this one.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chargers are 32nd in the league stopping the run, they're even worse than we are.

This should be the Kenneth Walker show Sunday, run the hell out of the ball and keep Herbert off the field.

Any other gameplan and we deserve to get boat raced.