3 carries, 9 yards

RiverDog

Reaction score
He's been a healthy scratch for the last three straight weeks:

Penny (coach's decision) is inactive for Sunday's game against the Commanders.

This marks the third game in a row with Penny being a healthy scratch. His chance to suit up will come if D'Andre Swift, Kenneth Gainwell or Boston Scott miss time.

Some fantasy football advice: Don't start him this weekend.

toffee

Reaction score
I was a bit surprised when Penny announced in Eagles' training camp that he was in the best condition and lost some weight, he said that after he was weighed in at 230lbs. or was it 232. May be his injuries and weight have taken something away from his game?

GemCity

Reaction score
Crazy when you think that this dude was looking like a top 5 back during a portion (I mean a very small portion) of his time here.

NoGain

Reaction score
Yet another player who performed at his best under PC...that is when he could stay on the field.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hey y'all, it's early. Penny could still be the back that saves the Eagles season... their "Timmy Smith" of the postseason.
I have no idea why he's not getting reps, but the Eagles don't seem to be the worse for it.

bileever

Reaction score
He had some pretty serious injuries including a broken tibia and two ligament tears. It may take a while to come back fully from those. I still like his talent and hope he can put them to good use, as long as it's not against us.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Where would this Hawk's team be without Rashaad Penny as their primary halfback?
Probably 2 wins & 5 losses if team management had counted on him again this year.

Instead we have 5 wins and 2 losses without Rashaaaaaaad Penny as our lead back.
Good bye, Rashaaaad, we are much happier with K-9, DJ Dallas, ZC, and Nick Bellore!

Don't let the NFL kick you out of the league just because you never could not play a full half of a season. Claim white privilege was to blame, or you were not "entitled" and go out like a complete loser!

Ha, ha, ha....

Could said or differently without those remarks. As those aren’t appropriate. Sorry marine.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Could said or differently without those remarks. As those aren’t appropriate. Sorry marine.
I speak my mind, and I tell it like it is. Sometimes it's good news, and sometimes it isn't good news. That's me.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hey y'all, it's early. Penny could still be the back that saves the Eagles season... their "Timmy Smith" of the postseason.
I have no idea why he's not getting reps, but the Eagles don't seem to be the worse for it.
He's not only not getting reps, they're not even suiting him up. He's been a healthy scratch for 3 games in a row.

I find it very hard to believe that the reason why Penny has been a healthy scratch is football related. You can't tell me that Kenneth Gainwell is a better option than a healthy Penny. Last Sunday vs. the Commanders, Gainwell had -4 yards on two carries, including a fumble inside the 5-yard line.

Gainwell has been struggling throughout the year, having just 153 rushing yards and averaging 3.0 yards per carry in seven games. Of the 41 qualified running backs, Gainwell is 40th in yards per carry. Of the 107 players who have 10-plus carries since Week 4, Gainwell is 96th in yards per carry (2.4).

There has to be something else at work. Penny must really be in somebody's doghouse.

Last edited:

rcaido

Reaction score
Eagles are not losing would probably be the main reason.

I think also maybe he inherited Mr. Glass disease from Our RBs, to prevent him from papercuts at the trade deadline but no buyers. I think he might get his chance if Gainwell sucks again or argue w fans.

He was really good when healthy.