3 carries, 9 yards

RiverDog

Reaction score
Eagles are not losing would probably be the main reason.

I think also maybe he inherited Mr. Glass disease from Our RBs, to prevent him from papercuts at the trade deadline but no buyers. I think he might get his chance if Gainwell sucks again or argue w fans.

He was really good when healthy.
I have a hard time believing that Sirianni, or any other NFL coach for that matter, would keep sending out a player that wasn't performing simply because they were winning. IMO the only position that would get that kind of consideration would be the quarterback, and even that would have its limits.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
You mean you tell it like it is in your mind?
Yes. That's exactly right. I don't sugar coat anything.
Rashaad Penny was just not a #1 NFL back. I prefer what we have now in K-9 & Zack Charbonnet.
Availability matters.

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
He's not only not getting reps, they're not even suiting him up. He's been a healthy scratch for 3 games in a row.

I find it very hard to believe that the reason why Penny has been a healthy scratch is football related. You can't tell me that Kenneth Gainwell is a better option than a healthy Penny. Last Sunday vs. the Commanders, Gainwell had -4 yards on two carries, including a fumble inside the 5-yard line.

Gainwell has been struggling throughout the year, having just 153 rushing yards and averaging 3.0 yards per carry in seven games. Of the 41 qualified running backs, Gainwell is 40th in yards per carry. Of the 107 players who have 10-plus carries since Week 4, Gainwell is 96th in yards per carry (2.4).

There has to be something else at work. Penny must really be in somebody's doghouse.
They're probably treating him as an emergency RB, thinking if they play him the injury risk is too high.

Sort of a "break glass in case of emergency" and pray he can hold up for a few playoff games, if needed.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
How I can be attacked for saying that, Rashaad Penny was barely available on game days, is beyond my comprehension.
It's just that simple. The history speaks for itself. What argument could anyone possibly have?

JPatera76

Reaction score
How I can be attacked for saying that, Rashaad Penny was barely available on game days, is beyond my comprehension.
It's just that simple. The history speaks for itself. What argument could anyone possibly have?
Where/how were you attacked?

RiverDog

Reaction score
They're probably treating him as an emergency RB, thinking if they play him the injury risk is too high.

Sort of a "break glass in case of emergency" and pray he can hold up for a few playoff games, if needed.
The Eagles are paying Penny a base salary of $1.35M. That's more than the base salary for Jalen Hurts, Jason Kelce, AJ Brown, and Dallas Goddard. That's a pretty expensive insurance policy.

Like I said, something else has to be at work.

keasley45

Reaction score
Yes. That's exactly right. I don't sugar coat anything.
Rashaad Penny was just not a #1 NFL back. I prefer what we have now in K-9 & Zack Charbonnet.
Availability matters.

That's cool. 100% football related. Had nothing to do with anything else. There's no need to sugar coat your feelings on a players football performance.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
The Eagles are paying Penny a base salary of $1.35M. That's more than the base salary for Jalen Hurts, Jason Kelce, AJ Brown, and Dallas Goddard. That's a pretty expensive insurance policy.

Like I said, something else has to be at work.
While the numbers may be factual, saying a players base salary at 0.6% of the teams salary cap is expensive insurance is a bit of a laugh.