3rd and Goal

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
What brilliant play does our OC dial up?

4 wideouts (3 left 1 right) with the back split to the right.
Screenshot 20231123 204817 Gallery
DK runs a slant inside. Geno wants to throw it to him, but the safety is sitting in the middle waiting for the throw.
Screenshot 20231123 205128 Gallery

Our 4 wideouts end up smothering each other. 2 on the left...
Screenshot 20231123 205151 Gallery
And 2 on the right...
Screenshot 20231123 205210 Gallery

Leaving the middle of the field completely vacated and underutilized. Geno eats the sack. Genius.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Our offense under Carroll has had some of the most poorly designed, inneficient plays just like this example you've taken the time to snapshot for us.

I recall a game vs the Packers a few seasons ago Week 1 in Lambeau where Bevell was still the OC. Empty backfield, 4 receivers and a tight end. All five eligible receivers ran a 5 yard hitch.

It's stuff like this that makes me want to sit down with coach Carroll and ask wtf he's thinking. Because as much as I want Waldron on the next plane out of SeaTac, I know now that it won't solve the issue

James in PA

Reaction score
DQ and the Dallas staff must be sh*tting their pants on how to prepare for this offensive juggernaut!

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
The PA roll outs either resulted in a run (I was shocked when geno actually ran a few times) or positive yards - or at the very least no negatives.

Which is why we stopped using them. They worked.

This is Waldron. Run is going well - let’s throw a bomb for a pick. Short pass game is going well. Let’s run for a loss.

It’s madness. Waldron and Geno do not adjust. To anything. At least not in the positive.

They’re like a toxic relationship. When things are going to well, one of em has to screw things up. Or both.

James in PA

Reaction score
I do wish DQ.. will take over after PC tbh... lol
I like DQ but I actually hope we go with an offensive minded head coach the next time. That is the way this league has gone. Then again, when Pete decides to retire at age 96, maybe defensive minded guys will be back in vogue.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I like DQ but I actually hope we go with an offensive minded head coach the next time. That is the way this league has gone. Then again, when Pete decides to retire at age 96, maybe defensive minded guys will be back in vogue.
All very true!!

cymatica

Reaction score
The PA roll outs either resulted in a run (I was shocked when geno actually ran a few times) or positive yards - or at the very least no negatives.

Which is why we stopped using them. They worked.

This is Waldron. Run is going well - let’s throw a bomb for a pick. Short pass game is going well. Let’s run for a loss.

It’s madness. Waldron and Geno do not adjust. To anything. At least not in the positive.

They’re like a toxic relationship. When things are going to well, one of em has to screw things up. Or both.
I'll add to that that Waldron also has the worst timing on when he calls certain plays. The 3rd and short they QB sneak for less than a yard. So on 4th down he thinks it's a good idea to toss it backwards to Charb. Anything other than a backwards toss would have been smart, maybe run up the gut, PA rollout, screen, quick slant, hell another sneak. Even something creative with the tight end Pistol formation using a TE as a full back or runner. He dialed up a freaking backwards toss on 4th and short.

cymatica

Reaction score
What brilliant play does our OC dial up?

4 wideouts (3 left 1 right) with the back split to the right.
View attachment 62062
DK runs a slant inside. Geno wants to throw it to him, but the safety is sitting in the middle waiting for the throw.
View attachment 62064

Our 4 wideouts end up smothering each other. 2 on the left...
View attachment 62066
And 2 on the right...
View attachment 62067

Leaving the middle of the field completely vacated and underutilized. Geno eats the sack. Genius.
Someone who is at the presser needs to see this and force Pete to answer.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I'll add to that that Waldron also has the worst timing on when he calls certain plays. The 3rd and short they QB sneak for less than a yard. So on 4th down he thinks it's a good idea to toss it backwards to Charb. Anything other than a backwards toss would have been smart, maybe run up the gut, PA rollout, screen, quick slant, hell another sneak. Even something creative with the tight end Pistol formation using a TE as a full back or runner. He dialed up a freaking backwards toss on 4th and short.
I’m surprised he didn’t call a flea flicker

James in PA

Reaction score
Pete will continue to get all softball questions from the Seattle media. Nobody ever presses him on anything. Must be nice.

strohmin

Reaction score
Someone who is at the presser needs to see this and force Pete to answer.
Knowing Pete, hed probably tell you it was the right call with the look they gave us and try to back it up with some irrelevant nonsense reasons that dont make any sense. I mean his response after that stupid 1 yard call still doesnt make any sense.