4 RB's on final roster?

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
original poster":1t8eyqfs said:
I think this could be a year where they carry 5RB + 1FB.

If they do decide to carry 4 RB's, Prosise and Davis are fighting for the last roster spot IMO. Both have nearly the exact same dead money attached to their contract so it really will come down to available talent and no other factors.

I doubt that. I don't think I've ever seen 5 RB's plus a FB on the final cut. That's a lot.

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":1ft41mp3 said:
We may not have all of them healthy by the end of training camp so it may not matter

LOL.....brutally possible point.

chris98251

Reaction score
If and big if Prosise is healthy and McKissic are here one could argue that both can play WR, now you also have Penny that can split out as well as Carson, much more flexibility and with our past IR list at RB may make more sense.

original poster

Reaction score
Crizilla":2d5lbb0k said:
original poster":2d5lbb0k said:
I think this could be a year where they carry 5RB + 1FB.

If they do decide to carry 4 RB's, Prosise and Davis are fighting for the last roster spot IMO. Both have nearly the exact same dead money attached to their contract so it really will come down to available talent and no other factors.

I doubt that. I don't think I've ever seen 5 RB's plus a FB on the final cut. That's a lot.

No they haven't, but they're also extremely committed to the run this year.

These guys are going to get a lot of carries, injuries will happen.

We need depth at RB in order for this offense to be successful, carrying 3RB + 1FB is a mistake waiting to happen IMO.

toffee

Reaction score
I was hoping Dimitri Flowers would be signed as USFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":1gej0nm2 said:
I was hoping Dimitri Flowers would be signed as USFA.

He did but not with us.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I have 1 FB and 4 RB right now in my 53 man projections. The 5th RB is unusual but possible given that pretty much everybody besides Penny was hurt at some point last year. However, Penny gives them the pass catching ability we saw from both Davis and McKissic last season so I think the last spot goes to only one of those two.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Chris Carson, Oklahoma St.
2013-2014 = No Freshman or Sophomore games. (likely he was a scrub, mostly injured or both.)
2015: (Junior Year) 131 rushes for 517-yds, 3.9-ypc, 4-TD's (this isn't lead back stuff)
2016: (Senior Year) 82 rushes for 559-yds, 6.8-ypc, 9-TD's. (Low # of rushes, injured a lot, but showed potential.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Carson, As a Seahawk RB: (An obvious injury filled football career, so far.)
2017: 4-games, 49 rushes for 208-yds, 4.24-ypc, Zero TD's. (NOT the stuff of a lead back)
Then: a badly broken leg, just one more in an injury impacted career, I can't see Carson in any way beating out Penney for the starting gig. In fact, I'd say no way in hell Carson EVER starts over Penney, but, as a capable backup, hell yes.

RB-Rashaad Penney; "Has never missed a practice or game EVER" Per televised interview with his father.

IMO-The "starting" RB at this point in time is Carson in name only, and then only because he was here first. Penney, by virtue of being a 1-st Round pick will undoubtedly be the starting RB from the get go. With all of the running game help in this draft, Penney will be dynamite. Very telling when PC/JS said "Penney ran a lot of the same plays we do", + considering he came from a heavy running game pro style attack, a perfect match!
:smilingalien:

pcbball12

Reaction score
It will most likely be 4 RB and 1 FB. My guess is Penny, Carson, Davis, and Prosise. With Khalid Hill at FB. I go with Prosise as the 4th RB for a particular reason. Pete talked about not being predictable based on personnel in an interview a month or so ago. He was taking about it in relation to TE and RB. He wants guys that can hammer between the tackles, but also split out wide. Carson can do it, Penny can do it, Davis can do it, and Prosise can do it. No predictability when subbing out any of those guys based on personnel. I think at times things got predictable last year with Mckissic.

Obviously this is assuming Prosise can stay healthy all camp and pre season, which is a huge assumption. But, Pete has still been prettt high on him in his pressers and I imagine if he can stay on the field he will be on the team.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In terms of numbers I suspect as well they keep 5 with one of the 5 being a FB. McKissic, Davis, and Prosise are the guys on the bubble.The FBs are in for a battle royal and the most versatile but best blocker will win out. The winner will need to be able to runblock, catch passes, and play solid on ST.

Empty backfields and no FB sets are likely to be rarer under Schotty’s regime. Expect more frequent two TE sets as well.

toffee

Reaction score
jammerhawk":6ddx2i0e said:
In terms of numbers I suspect as well they keep 5 with one of the 5 being a FB. McKissic, Davis, and Prosise are the guys on the bubble.The FBs are in for a battle royal and the most versatile but best blocker will win out. The winner will need to be able to runblock, catch passes, and play solid on ST.

Empty backfields and no FB sets are likely to be rarer under Schotty’s regime. Expect more frequent two TE sets as well.
Russ would have to adjust his game a bit.

Ozzy

Reaction score
IF Prosise is healthy I think there is almost zero chance he gets cut. They love his skillset and his potential too much. If he gets dinged up during camp then all bets are off. I will be shocked if he is a healthy cut though.

kidhawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":w45a7o6t said:
IF Prosise is healthy I think there is almost zero chance he gets cut. They love his skillset and his potential too much. If he gets dinged up during camp then all bets are off. I will be shocked if he is a healthy cut though.

I love watching him play, but it's so rare that he's healthy, I've come to the personal conclusion that he's just fragile. Sure, he may prove me wrong (would love if he did), but I just can't see him staying healthy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, he is such a versatile player. Just wish he would stay healthy. He could really contribute on offense.

chris98251

Reaction score
Prosise is the MG Midget of Running backs, look cool going down the road but after every trip out you need to fix something.

original poster

Reaction score
Prosise probably knows it’s his last chance.

It seemed he would be off the field with even minor injuries that many other players would play through.

Maybe if he can show some toughness they’ll keep him.

If I had to bet I’d say J.D. McKissic gets his spot. Nearly as versatile without the reputation.

Zeearend

Reaction score
original poster":205z81od said:
Prosise probably knows it’s his last chance.

It seemed he would be off the field with even minor injuries that many other players would play through.

Maybe if he can show some toughness they’ll keep him.

If I had to bet I’d say J.D. McKissic gets his spot. Nearly as versatile without the reputation.

Imho Prosise has more potential, but he has to show it on the field for than one game. Hopefully he now has a season as Paul Richardson had last year. Otherwise I am more than happy with McKissic as alternative. Otherwise I am more than happy with McKissic as alternative.