49ers could be our opening night opponent

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MrCarey":2itcc5na said:
I mean, it HAS to be the Broncos, right?

The kickoff game has never featured an AFC vs NFC match-up

So.. I wouldn't count on it being Denver.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I would rather play Green Bay and then go to sf with both teams playing for something and kick their a*s in their own brand new shiny home!!

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
I don't see the whi9ers as the opening night. Levi stadium is opening and the Hawks will play the first game against them at Levi. I believe it will be the Packers as well.

davidonmi

Reaction score
why does everyone think it will be denver? there has never been an interconference game open.
It also won't be SF, but that is more possible then denver IMO.
80% chance it's GB, 10% Dallas, 10% Denver (possible but it would be the first

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Most of the country did not enjoy the Super Bowl since it was so lopsided, that match-up isn't a ratings draw next year. I'd be shocked for more than one reason if it was Denver. GB or SF makes the most sense to me

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The lack of an NFC / AFC match up might not have anything to do with the league avoding it vs the difficulty in getting the stars to line up. It's not often that the schedule sets up for a Super Bowl rematch scheduled in the winner's home. Because that opportunity presented itself, they might go with it this year. The probably don't want to use up a Niner / Seahawk matchup right away. And if they use one, that's it for that matchup in primetime for the year. Fox won't give up the 2nd one. I am thinking it's either Super Bowl rematch or Packers.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3rkdvdao said:
Most of the country did not enjoy the Super Bowl since it was so lopsided, that match-up isn't a ratings draw next year. I'd be shocked for more than one reason if it was Denver. GB or SF makes the most sense to me

I agree but I think they could hype up a SB48 opener and still get some decent ratings. It will be the only game on after months of baseball after all.

JonRud

Reaction score
In 2007 the opener was Saints vs Colts. So interconference has happened.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":xxcyfs83 said:
I would be almost 100% certain we are playing in SF for their opener.

You might want to be a little less certain. ;)

The 9ers aren't playing a regular season game @ FOJ until Week 2. Weeks 3 and 4 of the pre-season are @ FOJ as trial runs, and then they want two weeks between pre-season and the home opener to fix anything that may potentially not work/go wrong, etc. You can't really know if everything is in order until you have 70K people in the thing, so they're building some time in.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I can't imagine a better start to our 14 season than knocking off SF. If I were SF, I'd do anything to get out of opening in Seattle. Sure loss with the consequence similar to losing your opener and being DQed from a national championship race.

Wartooth

Reaction score
So who would be surprised if the NFL gave Ole' Jurrah a reach around, and sent the Cowboy's up North to be Destroyed right out of the gate?
It could happen, you know how they like to prop up those Cowboy's!
I don't know; a complete blow out to open the season...
I'll take it!

Go Hawks!

NINEster

Reaction score
HawkWow":2wjkgp42 said:
I can't imagine a better start to our 14 season than knocking off SF. If I were SF, I'd do anything to get out of opening in Seattle. Sure loss with the consequence similar to losing your opener and being DQed from a national championship race.

One thing that's annoying with all of these primetime games in Seattle is that the fans around league get a biased view on the difference between these two teams since the 49ers keep losing in Seattle. Nobody ever talks about how the Seahawks haven't won in SF since 2008 because quite frankly nobody has seen that game on a national stage save a Thursday night game in 2012.

I think once the 49ers finally figure out a cohesive offense they will have a very legitimate shot at winning in Seattle. Until then it will be very difficult.

And if they happen to win in Seattle (and opening night of all times)......it would be a gargantuan regular season triumph going back to beating the Cowboys in '94.

It will be interesting to see the post Super Bowl mettle of these Seahawks. They will be fighting history that hasn't been so kind to the SB winner.

If you're a team that lost to the Seahawks in heartbreaking fashion and you play them this season, when would you want to play them ideally:

Sometime in November or December, or WEEK 1??

Man, I'm still pissed we have to wait till 2015 to play the damn Ravens again. I would have killed to open the season against them.

How did the Ravens look week 1 this year?

Seafan

Reaction score
DanBug22":ijtga54z said:
Dunno if this is 100% legit, but one of the centurylink crew told me it's hawks hosting the packers Thursday night! He told me that at the centurylink celebration after it was over.

I said that the schedule wasn't released yet and he just winked at me. Then he told me it's the honest truth from what he was told.

We host the packers next year so either way he has a 1/8 shot haha

GoHawks

Did a little birdy tell him that?

Latest posts