49ers get a 3rd round pick

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Marvin49":1y513g62 said:
balakoth":1y513g62 said:
While I dont particularly like Arlos's tact on things

hes not wrong on this one.

Imagine.... I don't care if his dad was black.. this man.. didn't face ANYTHING that most black men and women have to deal with... because.. he looks like a white nerd. I don't care what you "identify as".

Its like saying you are 2 percent Cherokee so you have rights to land and whatever else in regards to the Natives.

Gimme a god damn break.

That might mean something if Mike McDaniel made a big deal about his race...which he doesn't. What rights did McDaniel gain? My guess is nobody here had any idea what his ethnicity was before he was hired in Miami. He never asked for special treatment nor did he say he'd experienced racism himself. He called that out SPECIFICALLY when he was hired.

Guess what tho...that doesn't make him any less bi-racial.

I have some experience with this. I'm white and my wife is Mexican. I have two sons. They don't "identify" as anything. Everyone ELSE seeks to label them as one thing or another, but they are perfectly happy just being themselves. Thats why I COMPLETELY understood what he meant with his "I identify as a human being" comment. He's not seeking a label.

Moreover, it isn't anyone else's role to define them as one thing or the other based on their own criteria.

The 49ers got 2 third round picks based on an algorithm that has nothing to do with what someone looks like or identifies as, but what their birth certificate says they are. Thats it.

What are you going to advise your boys to put down on job applications and whatnot?

Marvin49

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2k5ud1fp said:
Marvin49":2k5ud1fp said:
balakoth":2k5ud1fp said:

Imagine.... I don't care if his dad was black.. this man.. didn't face ANYTHING that most black men and women have to deal with... because.. he looks like a white nerd. I don't care what you "identify as".

Its like saying you are 2 percent Cherokee so you have rights to land and whatever else in regards to the Natives.

Gimme a god damn break.

That might mean something if Mike McDaniel made a big deal about his race...which he doesn't. What rights did McDaniel gain? My guess is nobody here had any idea what his ethnicity was before he was hired in Miami. He never asked for special treatment nor did he say he'd experienced racism himself. He called that out SPECIFICALLY when he was hired.

I have some experience with this. I'm white and my wife is Mexican. I have two sons. They don't "identify" as anything. Everyone ELSE seeks to label them as one thing or another, but they are perfectly happy just being themselves. Thats why I COMPLETELY understood what he meant with his "I identify as a human being" comment. He's not seeking a label.

Moreover, it isn't anyone else's role to define them as one thing or the other based on their own criteria.

The 49ers got 2 third round picks based on an algorithm that has nothing to do with what someone looks like or identifies as, but what their birth certificate says they are. Thats it.

What are you going to advise your boys to put down on job applications and whatnot?

We haven't had that conversation yet. Forms they fill out more and more often allow to check two boxes or none at all, but when that time comes it will be up to them. Even in that case it still won't be what they identify as...it'll be what they are forced to label themselves as on a form.

Real question comes to college and what they "claim" to be when it comes to applying for Scholarships, etc.

Being Hispanic would actually aid them greatly in that regard as there is alot more money out there for students of color. Fair or not, it is what it is.

94Smith

Reaction score
The whole identity thing is such an American thing. I am Canadian and this is never asked on forms, applications etc. I took a couple of trips to the US last fall and had to get COVID tests done to get back and it was asked on the COVID forms. Are you Asian, Black, Hispanic, Caucasian etc. Why does this matter on a medical test? Also with voting, black voters, hispanic voters, etc on election coverage. It creates divide and really should only be asked where truly needed.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
94Smith":3dbz96jz said:
The whole identity thing is such an American thing. I am Canadian and this is never asked on forms, applications etc. I took a couple of trips to the US last fall and had to get COVID tests done to get back and it was asked on the COVID forms. Are you Asian, Black, Hispanic, Caucasian etc. Why does this matter on a medical test? Also with voting, black voters, hispanic voters, etc on election coverage. It creates divide and really should only be asked where truly needed.

When we registered for our covid tests in January, the first question was what is your sex. Male, female or nonbinary. I'm sorry but nonbinary is not a physical sex.

They then followed it up with the gender question of how we identify by gender identity. Male, female, both, neither or it's fluid.

Then there were the sexual orientation questions as to whether we saw ourselves as straight, gay, pan or bi.

Only after that did they go into the race stuff. In California, they will always ask you if you're Hispanic first and if you identify as such, you are then done. If you don't, then you get to fill out more questions as to what race you are.

I really failed to see what this had to do with covid at all.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
Marvin49":1anlofjn said:
hgwellz12":1anlofjn said:
Marvin49":1anlofjn said:
balakoth":1anlofjn said:

Gimme a god damn break.

We haven't had that conversation yet. Forms they fill out more and more often allow to check two boxes or none at all, but when that time comes it will be up to them. Even in that case it still won't be what they identify as...it'll be what they are forced to label themselves as on a form.

Real question comes to college and what they "claim" to be when it comes to applying for Scholarships, etc.

Being Hispanic would actually aid them greatly in that regard as there is alot more money out there for students of color. Fair or not, it is what it is.

Interesting.

As far as your anecdote regarding college scholarships/aid, I think you might be misinformed, unless you have some data from the last half decade or so that I am unaware of. I could also be misunderstanding what it is that you're implying. Either way, God Bless you and your family.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2nndcg6v said:
94Smith":2nndcg6v said:

When we registered for our covid tests in January, the first question was what is your $ex. Male, female or nonbinary. I'm sorry but nonbinary is not a physical $ex.

They then followed it up with the gender question of how we identify by gender identity. Male, female, both, neither or it's fluid.

Then there were the sexual orientation questions as to whether we saw ourselves as straight, g**, pan or bi.

Only after that did they go into the race stuff. In California, they will always ask you if you're Hispanic first and if you identify as such, you are then done. If you don't, then you get to fill out more questions as to what race you are.

I really failed to see what this had to do with covid at all.

SCH I find it rather odd that you would say that..especially your closing statement, considering that I feel like you, almost more than everyone here combined, has quoted or referenced some of the more obscure demo numbers a majority of the time that you comment on anything covid related here on dotnet. I guess it's possible that I have you mixed up with someone else. At any rate, DEMOGRAPHICS is the primary, if not sole, reason that those questions are asked. The WHAT/WHY the demographic data is needed and applied is up for debate, I suppose, but it's immaterial.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
94Smith":2eclik9f said:

See my reply to SCH.

And I find the notion that "it creates a divide" rather dubious. Any divide created comes way before data collected by voting. I'm open to being wrong if you feel up to expounding, tho.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Whenever you get rewarded for color of skin, the entire notion of credence, intelligence and accomplishments are ignored and racism becomes embraced. The NFL embraces the latter.
Meanwhile the 49ers are 4.4 million dollars over the cap so they’ll have cap casualties, a stinker at QB and not much for draft capital considering they traded their future for Lunch Tray Lance. And to top it off they won’t get shit for Stinky G lol
Love it

rlkats

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2smp15tq said:
Whenever you get rewarded for color of skin, the entire notion of credence, intelligence and accomplishments are ignored and racism becomes embraced. The NFL embraces the latter.
Meanwhile the 49ers are 4.4 million dollars over the cap so they’ll have cap casualties, a stinker at QB and not much for draft capital considering they traded their future for Lunch Tray Lance. And to top it off they won’t get $h!t for Stinky G lol
Love it

Wow the bolder section is rich. Even more rich coming from you and your historical racist comments. Talk about irony.

94Smith

Reaction score
49ers may be right around the salary cap right now but when Garoppolo is released or traded it will free up 27 million

Marvin49

Reaction score
94Smith":mfgekxtc said:
49ers may be right around the salary cap right now but when Garoppolo is released or traded it will free up 27 million

...and they can clear another 26ish pretty easily with restructures (Armstead, Ward, etc).

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":2qq1tb0v said:
ArlosSpecial":2qq1tb0v said:
Meanwhile the 49ers are 4.4 million dollars over the cap so they’ll have cap casualties, a stinker at QB and not much for draft capital considering they traded their future for Lunch Tray Lance. And to top it off they won’t get $h!t for Stinky G lol
Love it

Wow the bolder section is rich. Even more rich coming from you and your historical racist comments. Talk about irony.

Don't bother man.

This is the same guy who said the 49ers were stupid to take "bust" Brandon Aiyuk over DK Metcalf when the players were selected in different years and the WR the 49ers DID select over Metcalf was Deebo Samuel.

Called him out several times and he never responds. He just chirps and is nowhere to be found when his takes are exposed.

I mean he was gone for like three weeks while Niners were in playoffs and then all of the sudden had something to say when they lost.

LOL.

9er4life

Reaction score
Marvin49":2f2xjfti said:
rlkats":2f2xjfti said:
ArlosSpecial":2f2xjfti said:
Love it

Don't bother man.

This is the same guy who said the 49ers were stupid to take "bust" Brandon Aiyuk over DK Metcalf when the players were selected in different years and the WR the 49ers DID select over Metcalf was Deebo Samuel.

Called him out several times and he never responds. He just chirps and is nowhere to be found when his takes are exposed.

I mean he was gone for like three weeks while Niners were in playoffs and then all of the sudden had something to say when they lost.

LOL.

Why does anyone listen to ArlosSpecial? He's a special kind of stupid.

Latest posts