49ers get their fudge packed by Cousins

bileever

Reaction score
where is he? did he play last night?
I was really sad over the Niners loss, but I just watched Trump attorney Jenna Ellis balling in court and now I feel fine. More than fine, if this wood dosent calm down in 8 hrs I may have to see a doctor.
I feel for you, I really do. I like you and I know how hard it must have been to watch that game last night as a 49er fan. And yet . . . it made me so happy.

Weadoption

Reaction score
I feel for you, I really do. I like you and I know how hard it must have been to watch that game last night as a 49er fan. And yet . . . it made me so happy.
I just don’t bileever in the 49ers anymore.
Thought Purdy was a jedi, but clearly that person was Cousins last night.
ya what a humbling loss, at least the press hype noise train will die down for the team.
Long way to go, it would not surprise me that this loss gets them even more active with a trade.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Did you watch the series on Netflix ? He was getting beat up all year but still managed a great record last year
I knew that QB's took a beating but DAMN- watching Cousins in that series was eye opening. Damn!

On a side note - How likely is it that Josh Allen only has pudding in his brain box? That guy gets blasted in the noggin on the regular,

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It was the proverbial super bowl for Minny, and just another game for the Niners. Purdy is good, is just isn't the next Tom Brady, as some were trying to make him out to be.

Niners are still the team to beat in the NFC, though Philly may take that away from them.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I won't be surprised if SF finished .500. I don't think it happens, but they really aren't all that great. They have been figured out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There is next to NO chance that team finishes .500.
Well, there's 17 games so it's not possible. But I can't see them doing any worse than 10 or 11 wins. Too much talent.

Torc

Reaction score
It was the proverbial super bowl for Minny, and just another game for the Niners. Purdy is good, is just isn't the next Tom Brady, as some were trying to make him out to be.

Niners are still the team to beat in the NFC, though Philly may take that away from them.
Philly has taken it away from them. Both the Eagles and the Whiners have lost to an AFC team with a strong defense/weak offense. (Jets and Browns respectively.) Whiners have lost to an NFC team (last night). Philly beat one of the best teams in the AFC on Sunday (the Dolphins).

If I had to predict the NFC team in the SB right now, it would be the Eagles. Two weeks ago, I would have said the Whiners, with the Eagles as a close second. Hard to pick a team on a losing streak though. Two weeks from now, it may be totally different. :)

knownone

Reaction score
What if . . . Brock Purdy . . . isn't that . . . good . . . after all?

What if it turns out he's actually a turnover machine? 33 career interceptions at Iowa State.
He's been in the top 5 for turnover-worthy plays since last season. He's still that guy.

strohmin

Reaction score
Philly has taken it away from them. Both the Eagles and the Whiners have lost to an AFC team with a strong defense/weak offense. (Jets and Browns respectively.) Whiners have lost to an NFC team (last night). Philly beat one of the best teams in the AFC on Sunday (the Dolphins).

If I had to predict the NFC team in the SB right now, it would be the Eagles. Two weeks ago, I would have said the Whiners, with the Eagles as a close second. Hard to pick a team on a losing streak though. Two weeks from now, it may be totally different. :)
I dont know, I still think the 9ers are a very strong team. Minnesota was at home and played very inspired. I dont think any team out there can beat them out right.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The problem with Purdy is that he doesn't need to be good, just good enough.

But now everyone is starting to believe he is good and so he is playing a lot more off the leash. Which lets him make mistakes.
Purdy can be a below average QB with that rushing attack, and will win handily. But without the threat of that rushing attack, Purdy is then much easier to defend.
(With that rushing attack, Purdy will look like an above average QB)

Even then, they can still win with him...but only if he doesn't make mistakes. Which he is now making.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Better than expected but talk about people and the media needing to slow their roll a little. A LOT of ball to be played this year. Purdy looks good, but holy hell, you would think he's Mahomes the way people talk about him.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Better than expected but talk about people and the media needing to slow their roll a little. A LOT of ball to be played this year. Purdy looks good, but holy hell, you would think he's Mahomes the way people talk about him.
exactly, he looks good, lots to like but he has a long way to go.
I honestly thought he would be sharing duties with Darnold by now to give his repaired elbow a rest.

94Smith

Reaction score

Pretty sure Tom Brady lost games too in his first two seasons too. Not saying he is Tom Brady, but he hasn't even played 16 games yet. Pretty darn good for a sophomore.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/tom-brady-2nd-season-record