49ers get their fudge packed by Cousins

bileever

Reaction score
OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Slow the damn roll on Brock Purdy. His arm is below average and he can’t shoulder the load obviously. San Francisco is still a viable opponent but the Hawks are clearly more talented in the secondary and at other positions. I like Seattle winning the West this year by 2 games in fact

knownone

Reaction score
Purdy's career also resembles Marc Bulger's. Bulger inherited an elite roster after Warner underperformed due to injury. And at the start, he looked like the next great QB. The Rams ran an innovative offense under Mike Martz. They had elite weapons everywhere, including Marshall Faulk catching passes out of the backfield. Bulger went 18-4 to start his career. But over his first two seasons, teams figured out how to defend Martz's system, and Bulger's limitations became increasingly apparent.

Jac

Reaction score
Purdy's career also resembles Marc Bulger's. Bulger inherited an elite roster after Warner underperformed due to injury. And at the start, he looked like the next great QB. The Rams ran an innovative offense under Mike Martz. They had elite weapons everywhere, including Marshall Faulk catching passes out of the backfield. Bulger went 18-4 to start his career. But over his first two seasons, teams figured out how to defend Martz's system, and Bulger's limitations became increasingly apparent.
That's an interesting comparison. Analogies are easy to pick apart...but from an analogy POV, it's as equally valid as saying Tom Brady won a lot of games to start out his career. I went back and looked at Bulger's highlights. One big difference is that Bulger threw a much prettier ball than Purdy and was completing passes in tight windows.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
There is next to NO chance that team finishes .500.
Well, there's 17 games so it's not possible. But I can't see them doing any worse than 10 or 11 wins. Too much talent.

There's about a 10% chance they finish around .500.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
care to bet a 6 pack of your favorite brew? I hate the niners, but I'll take 10 wins or more, and you can have 9 or less. Deal?

LastRideOut

Reaction score

That's actually a really good comparison. I completely forgot about Bulger. He really faded into irrelevance fast.

Weadoption

Reaction score
with the gauntlet of games coming up, the difference between 12-5 and 9-8 could mean nothing more than an extra turnover or two and flags, good or bad.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
I post every week. I also work 6 days a week so it’s hard to keep up. There’s zero reason for me to hide. Teams have the same number of losses and we’ll have the exact same record on Sunday. Suck it up buttercup Seattle is winning the west this year.
You were posting about how mediocre Geno Smith was on the main board. I think you just enjoy misery, either your own or other fanbases.

bileever

Reaction score
Martz was never sold on Kurt Warner, and with Bulger playing well, Martz benched Warner in 2003 in favor of Bulger. After the season, Martz released Warner with 3 years left on his contract. Of course, Warner was far from done, and played 6 more seasons, taking the Cardinals to the Super Bowl.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
So who will be the new Purdy? I read Purdy will be sidelined for awhile. Maybe getting McCafferty and do it all Deebo back will be enough of their D gets healthy again. But our chances are looking better all the time.
Browns, Ravens, Commanders, Rams, not an easy next 4 games with the exception maybe Washington. 49ers least of our worries right now.

knownone

Reaction score
That's an interesting comparison. Analogies are easy to pick apart...but from an analogy POV, it's as equally valid as saying Tom Brady won a lot of games to start out his career. I went back and looked at Bulger's highlights. One big difference is that Bulger threw a much prettier ball than Purdy and was completing passes in tight windows.
The difference, for me, is that Brady was a prototypical pocket passer in college who fell in the draft because he was a two-year starter who couldn't beat out Brian Griese and displayed pedestrian athleticism at the combine. Like Purdy, Bulger was a four-year starter who fell in the draft because he lacked ideal arm strength and size, which cropped up later in his career.

That's why I think Brady's a lousy comparison to Purdy. Sure, they've both won several games earlier in their career. But Brady's physical skill set was, at worst, league average. So it was easy to see his early success translating long-term (although I never thought he'd surpass Peyton). That's not the case with Purdy. He's one of the least physically gifted QBs in the league. It's hard to imagine him continuing to produce like an elite QB, which is why Bulger's career arc is worth considering.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
You were posting about how mediocre Geno Smith was on the main board. I think you just enjoy misery, either your own or other fanbases.
And?? I was referencing his decision making late game and in the red zone most notably in the Bengals game. The Hawks are exactly where I thought they would be at this point and should be 5-1 had Geno opened his eyes simply one out of 5 trips inside the ten. We gave what should’ve been a relatively easy win away to a really bad Cincinnati team buddy. Open your eyes Seattle is a better squad and the 69ers have missed their SB window.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
And?? I was referencing his decision making late game and in the red zone most notably in the Bengals game. The Hawks are exactly where I thought they would be at this point and should be 5-1 had Geno opened his eyes simply one out of 5 trips inside the ten. We gave what should’ve been a relatively easy win away to a really bad Cincinnati team buddy. Open your eyes Seattle is a better squad and the 69ers have missed their SB window.
You do realize the 49ers started 3-4 last season? They lost 2 in a row then didn't lose again til the NFCCG. They swept the NFCW and beat the Hawks in the play offs making it 3 in one season.

I don't think any team sitting at 5-2 has had their SB window close.

Your posts lack any real football knowledge as usual.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Agree on all except on Cinci being "a really bad team". They are a team who started in a bad situation but are getting back to being a good team again. But we did basically give them that game due to our inept performances in the red zone.

morgulon1

Reaction score
49ers got their fudge packed purdy good