52 yarders for nfl kickers should he automatic

Hawks46

Reaction score
Chapow":1f4845ps said:
Hausch missed 6 extra points and 2 FGs of under 30 yards last season (and 2 more of under 50 yards). You all would have lost your minds if the Seahawks had rewarded him with a big fat contract like what he got from Buffalo.

That doesn't make any sense ! Everyone says he was perfect last year.

Why you throwing facts around and stuff ?

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
Walsh has plenty of leg strength, in fact, I recall him being considered one of the strongest leg kickers out there. On the kick last night, he very clearly let up, presumably sacrificing some power for more control and accuracy. Go ahead and replay it, he looked to take a 3/4 power swing versus full power. Much like other sports, and I'm thinking golf here and the "yips", his problems are all in his head. It's not a power or flexibility or practice thing.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":z7ksu0vb said:
Mindsink":z7ksu0vb said:
And meanwhile, Hauschka just broke the NFL record for consecutive 50+ yard field goals made (13).

"Buffalo Bills K Steven Hauschka set a new NFL record in his team's week 11 road loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. With his 50 yard FG conversion in the third quarter, he extended his streak of 50+ yard FG conversions to 13, the longest such streak in league history. Hauschka also converted on each of his three PAT tries on the afternoon.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/13 ... record.php

Do you want to give a kicker $3M a year?

Walsh has been just as good as Hauschka from a year ago. Don’t know what to tell you

Sorry but this is not true.

potatohead

Reaction score
I mean Haushka was so good last year he has like six missed extra points, a few missed FG's, including the Arizona shank, and also had two or three blocked one of which was run back for a TD. I mean yeah he was Haush-money last year for sure.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
potatohead":36rs6fls said:
I mean Haushka was so good last year he has like six missed extra points, a few missed FG's, including the Arizona shank, and also had two or three blocked one of which was run back for a TD. I mean yeah he was Haush-money last year for sure.

What I find interesting is that I thought JS let Haush walk last year due to the misses potentially being "in his head" and not paying that kind of coin to a position that is heavily a mental game, only to go out and sign a strong legged kicker who has the "yips".

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Chapow":1nfvwu6j said:
Hausch missed 6 extra points and 2 FGs of under 30 yards last season (and 2 more of under 50 yards). You all would have lost your minds if the Seahawks had rewarded him with a big fat contract like what he got from Buffalo.

Well he also made 89% of his FGs last year and was 7th in the league in scoring in 2016.

Chapow

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1ivcko6h said:
Chapow":1ivcko6h said:

Well he also made 89% of his FGs last year and was 7th in the league in scoring in 2016.

So you think this team should have brought back a kicker that missed 8 kicks of 33 yards or less for $3 million per season? Would you have been happy with that decision last March?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Chapow":1bhh35oy said:
seahawkfreak":1bhh35oy said:
Chapow":1bhh35oy said:

So you think this team should have brought back a kicker that missed 8 kicks of 33 yards or less for $3 million per season? Would you have been happy with that decision last March?

Not necessarily but I would answer yes if the only other choice was Walsh. An argument can be made for paying a good kicker.

Chapow

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":238nk4le said:
Chapow":238nk4le said:
seahawkfreak":238nk4le said:
Chapow":238nk4le said:

Not necessarily but I would answer yes if the only other choice was Walsh. An argument can be made for paying a good kicker.

Yeah, absolutely an argument can be made for paying a good kicker. An argument can also be made that maybe a kicker just isn't that good anymore when they miss 8 kicks of 33 yards or less.

I can't help but wonder where all these Hausch advocates were during, and after, last season. I sure don't remember many (any?) people banging the drum to re-sign him. Do you?

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":2538n2k7 said:
seahawkfreak":2538n2k7 said:
Chapow":2538n2k7 said:
seahawkfreak":2538n2k7 said:

Yeah, absolutely an argument can be made for paying a good kicker. An argument can also be made that maybe a kicker just isn't that good anymore when they miss 8 kicks of 33 yards or less.

I can't help but wonder where all these Hausch advocates were during, and after, last season. I sure don't remember many (any?) people banging the drum to re-sign him. Do you?

I posted my concerns after I saw who they signed and especially that we brought nobody in with 10 picks and nobody even in FA with our piss poor red zone scoring last season making this an important position.