6-1. Last Time? Oh Yeah, THAT Year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Defense showed sparks. Played very, very good D for most of the game. Unfortunately they settled into soft/Prevent D at the end of the game when the backup came in and gave them 3 easy TDs.

Still, the Seahawks did what any good team does and that beats the team not as good as they are.

First quarter was the 9ers D flying around like their hair was on fire which made our offense look uncharastically "off".

But I knew it wouldn't take too long for adjustments to have their way. Russ to DK just might well be our magic elixer all the way to the Super Bowl right now. Lose our top two RBs? Who cares. Yes, it gets rougher when the weather turns in late November and Decemeber. We can't always count on these high passing games to be there in the winter. But still.

There's something magical watching this offense. I've been watching the NFL for 44 years now and I'm not quite sure I have ever seen anything as magical as Russell Wilson and what this offense is capable of week in and week out.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson just doesn't fit in the description of a "pretty good Quarterback", and in actuality, the word 'Astonishing' doesn't even cover for what this humble & mind blowing individual produces, year in and year out.
Many of us ingrate Seahawks fans are very spoiled, and aren't even remotely aware of it. :vodka:

Chawker

Reaction score
Would you be so kind as to explain the performance of one Greg Olson TE ?

He has 17 catches though 8 weeks, if we double that, 34 catches for 7 million dollars.

That comes to 205,882.35 per catch.

I'm just as inspired you are but, theres one nagging problem with this team.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Chawker":26re06md said:
Would you be so kind as to explain the performance of one Greg Olson TE ?

He has 17 catches though 8 weeks, if we double that, 34 catches for 7 million dollars.

That comes to 205,882.35 per catch.

I'm just as inspired you are but, theres one nagging problem with this team.

He'll probably make his money in the playoffs.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Aros":33lfxz2d said:
Defense showed sparks. Played very, very good D for most of the game. Unfortunately they settled into soft/Prevent D at the end of the game when the backup came in and gave them 3 easy TDs.

Still, the Seahawks did what any good team does and that beats the team not as good as they are.

First quarter was the 9ers D flying around like their hair was on fire which made our offense look uncharastically "off".

But I knew it wouldn't take too long for adjustments to have their way. Russ to DK just might well be our magic elixer all the way to the Super Bowl right now. Lose our top two RBs? Who cares. Yes, it gets rougher when the weather turns in late November and Decemeber. We can't always count on these high passing games to be there in the winter. But still.

There's something magical watching this offense. I've been watching the NFL for 44 years now and I'm not quite sure I have ever seen anything as magical as Russell Wilson and what this offense is capable of week in and week out.

They are absolutely killing it. Here is one thing I'm sick of...the lack of appreciation for him around the nfl. Russ will be the best player to ever play this game because of one reason. He never gives up. He creates and literally is the most positive person I have ever seen.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been on this planet for 51 years. Been cognizant of the NFL for at least 44 of those years. I've seen a lot of incredible players, incredible teams.

I've never seen anyone quite like Russell Wilson in my life.

Once in a lifetime player.

hawks85

Reaction score
I'm not impressed one bit. JImmy G is a horrible QB and is overrated. Their back up QB came in and torched this D, and scored 3 easy TD"s. Makes you wonder what if Mullens plays the whole game, do the 9ers win. If the Hawks can play D like this against the Rams or Cards etc... then I will be impressed.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawks85":2yxfoq96 said:
I'm not impressed one bit. JImmy G is a horrible QB and is overrated. Their back up QB came in and torched this D, and scored 3 easy TD"s. Makes you wonder what if Mullens plays the whole game, do the 9ers win. If the Hawks can play D like this against the Rams or Cards etc... then I will be impressed.

So in other words your the Debbie Downer at the party nobody wants to talk to. Got it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Different path and circumstances this season, but this is where we start to sync up typically for our run, two more games in the gauntlet, Bills and then Rams then we get the Cards at home for a redemption game.

We will still have another Rams and 49er game but the teeth of our schedule will be over at least how things look now.

We need our health to get better and to be maintained of course.

But it is looking better as of today.

misfit

Reaction score
hawks85":26hjo438 said:

they were in prevent w a big lead. no one cares. sure you would of said something like this regardless. you mean the rams that got lit up by tua and the dolphins today

you must be fun at parties

hawks85

Reaction score
misfit":tz6a8gty said:
hawks85":tz6a8gty said:

they were in prevent w a big lead. no one cares. sure you would of said something like this regardless. you mean the rams that got lit up by tua and the dolphins today

I can understand prevent D for the last 5 min, but the entire 4th quarter and some of the 3rd, C'mon man. When Petey boy said he likes it when the games are close and likes playing like that makes me think he's doing this on purpose. Offense is cool, but I am a defensive person. I played DB all in high school, and if it wasn't for me getting hurt and pretty much ended my career, I had some big colleges checking me out. I was a decent DB, I was real fast and a hard hitter. Anyway thats way I am the way I am with this D. I love defense and I want this D to be feared once again, but as long as Norton is DC it will never ever happen. Ok forgot the Rams, if they can play D like they way they did today against the Ravens or Chiefs, Green Bay, Tampa Bay THEN I'll be impressed. I don't go to parties for this reason, I do everybody a favor by staying home, and I bitch and complain by myself.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
misfit":323qamr3 said:
hawks85":323qamr3 said:

That avatar is amazing.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Aros":3070b224 said:
I've been on this planet for 51 years. Been cognizant of the NFL for at least 44 of those years. I've seen a lot of incredible players, incredible teams.

Exactly. I cant say it any better.

D

DomeHawk

Aros":1utsqwel said:

A couple of games into his first preseason I knew and lamented over the years as to when they would let him show how great he really great he is.

He isn't perfect but he is as good as there is or ever has been.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2hzvqob9 said:
Russell Wilson just doesn't fit in the description of a "pretty good Quarterback", and in actuality, the word 'Astonishing' doesn't even cover for what this humble & mind blowing individual produces, year in and year out.
Many of us ingrate Seahawks fans are very spoiled, and aren't even remotely aware of it. :vodka:

I salute you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The downer crowd (and that's fine, do you) is gonna' have a tough week.
Again, the defense gave up ONE YARD in the 3rd quarter. Niners had around 130 yards late in the 3rd quarter.
If people want to dwell on some garbage time yards, have at it.
I loved what I saw yesterday. We saw a disciplined and focused team, and the defense flat out came to play.
They have plenty of work to do, but come on, as much as they get blasted they deserve some credit when they play a solid game.
It's just my own opinion, but to fight enjoying wins week after week will never make sense to me. And that's fine, we all look at it how we look at it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We won a game we could have struggled with.

SF has beaten some good teams this year.

It was a great win.

I don't see THAT year repeating for us. This is not a SB caliber defense though because the DC is still overmatched against the better QBs. We did not face a better QB so it was not as much an issue.

We also woke up and started blitzing Wagner. Finally.

I wonder how long it will be before Norton realizes that while Trey Flowers is a liability in coverage, he is fast, physical, and a sure tackler. HE should be the guy you put in as a spy on those mobile QBs.

We love base defenses and do nothing to try to confuse or obfuscate what we are doing. I think we are trying to make it simple for our DC, who I don't think has the strategic and tactical acumen for his position. Give him credit for at least forcing TOs, which saved us this game.

It was a good win for us even though we gave up 28 points yet again. I am hopeful that Dunlap at least allows us to improve this defense. That might be our big trade of the year that makes the most difference for our defense.

But overcoming Norton is going to be a tall order.

Latest posts