Fighting Illini now 6-1

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I was expecting a close game against Minnesota, but the Illini dominated 26-14.

Illinois has the best scoring defense in the country. Minnesota did manage to score twice, but the second TD was set up by a 92-yd. kick return. They have good senior QB (Morgan), but I think they had only about 160 yards of total offense, and very little passing.

The Illini offense ran up over 400 yards of offense against what (was) the second best defense. Chase Brown is the rushing leader for the entire NCAA. He already has over 1,000 yards. He had 180 yards yesterday on 40 carries. The Illini have enough passing offense to punish the defense when they try to load up to stop Brown.

This is the first time in a long time that Illinois has had a good team, and I am loving it. I am going to be looking forward to Saturday Illini games this season, knowing Sunday will usually be another loss by the Bears.

Illini were #24 in the AP poll last week, but should move up.

I think they’re still underrated, but that is a biased opinion. If one of you guys likes to watch good defense (as opposed to the 100 points Alabama and Tennessee scored in that ridiculous game yesterday), check out an Illinois game and let me know what you think.

vonstout

Reaction score
I am an Illini grad and their D has been fantastic. They have a pretty young team too.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I am an Illini grad and their D has been fantastic. They have a pretty young team too.
Great to hear from a fellow Illini!

They have been flying under the radar so far, but that could change soon if they keep winning. It’s been a long time since the Illini were this good. For me, this compensates some for how bad the Bears are playing.