6 dropped passes. 2 of them Touchdowns

scrummymustard

Reaction score
DrDix":11r72276 said:
hawkfan68":11r72276 said:
Everyone keeps pointing at McEvoy. While McEvoy didn't do well, Prosise was just as bad. He dropped a couple too. So did Graham.

Graham did not "drop" a pass in the way Prosise and McEvoy did, not even close. Those two literally dropped them. Graham got destroyed in a hit which caused a drop. Not comparable.

Agreed. People need to relax. He got destroyed, 90% of the time that will be a drop, from just about anyone in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Islander

Reaction score
Thru 2 games Jermaine Kearse has 11 receptions on 15 targets for 123 yards and two touchdowns. Just sayin :)

Seafan

Reaction score
I'm glad Kearce is gone simply because RW couldn't quit him. Notice that RW interceptions are down this year?

ivotuk

Reaction score
scrummymustard":2aiv26kn said:
DrDix":2aiv26kn said:
hawkfan68":2aiv26kn said:
Everyone keeps pointing at McEvoy. While McEvoy didn't do well, Prosise was just as bad. He dropped a couple too. So did Graham.

Graham did not "drop" a pass in the way Prosise and McEvoy did, not even close. Those two literally dropped them. Graham got destroyed in a hit which caused a drop. Not comparable.

Agreed. People need to relax. He got destroyed, 90% of the time that will be a drop, from just about anyone in the NFL.

That was close to being a "hospital ball."

rjdriver

Reaction score
hawksfanohio":ot4xznd2 said:
I had flashbacks of the Holmgren years yesterday.

I don't recall pass, pass, draw during yesterday's game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
xgeoff":3smwkgip said:
kidhawk":3smwkgip said:
For me, this game was a tale of two halves.

The first half, the offense was calling a really good game. If not for the drops in the first half, we'd have likely ended the half with a double digit lead.

In the NFL, when you play a team close and you should be beating them soundly, it gives that other team a bit of a push as the game progresses. I think those drops kept the Niners heads in this game longer than they ever should have. Had we made those, I think this game may have been a rout

In the second half, I put a lot of our issues to Wilson. He had a really bad half. Way too many balls sailing over the heads and hands of receivers. These weren't even balls being thrown away, as the Niners had opportunities to make the picks on a few.

When all else failed in that second half, Wilson and Carson used their legs to pretty much finish off the Niners in the last half of the 4th quarter.

Defensively, this team did exactly what they should do. They got a pick, they kept most plays in front of them and didn't allow a single touchdown all day. 2 of the 3 field goals came mostly on the backs of 2 long runs by Hyde. They really only had one sustained scoring drive all day. Even with that, we gave up only field goals and our defense is now giving up an average of only 13 points per game (5th in the league).

Our offensive line did much better in pass protection today (not good, but better), and Carson has proven himself worthy of starting in the NFL and I hope they continue to use him like they did this week. Wilson had his bad game, I am not concerned that those errant passes will be a trend. The drops are a bit more concerning, but it's still too early to call them more than an aberration.

I saw some good things this week even in the ugly win. I have more hope for this offense today than I did 1 week ago.

I didn't see the game, except for the last play, but this gives me hope. Did the line block better? Cause on the last play when Russ threw the TD they were atrocious. 2 dropped TD passes is huge. I can totally see that changing the nature of the game. winning 20-9 is a decent win. Frankly with our Defense we usually don't need more. Look at the GB game. Aaron Rodgers & Co held to 17 pts! That was an awesome effort from the D.

I'm surprised with McEvoy, cause he has seemed sure-handed in the past to me. Graham seems to run hot and cold. Sometimes he seems to catch everything, even with defenders draped all over him. Sometimes he drops the easy ones. Prosise has been injured so much that I don't have a good handle on him.

If this O-line can give Russ just a little time, I think this team can achieve great things.

I still say they were a well below average line Sunday but I did see some improvement in the line overall it still a lot of weaknesses. What I think will help them grow and at least appear better was the return of the read option. It was great to see them using it again and I think we need to continue to use it to keep defenses honest.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I heard a lot of grumbling about Kasen after McEvoy's first drop. Heard even more after the 2nd. I think the guy will get a full opportunity to prove himself with Richardson's finger issue. I don't expect the drops or Russell's off target throws to continue.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, you can't ignore the fact that dropped passes made it a close game. When they had no business being in that game. Oh well, they won. Next

scrummymustard

Reaction score
ivotuk":3auc3qf3 said:
scrummymustard":3auc3qf3 said:
DrDix":3auc3qf3 said:
hawkfan68":3auc3qf3 said:

That was close to being a "hospital ball."

A lot of his balls are, its the nature of the TE position going over the middle, but let's keep calling him soft. He takes the biggest hits week in and week out. There's no one else on the team that runs those seams over the middle.

sutz

Reaction score
massari":o5fon4qk said:
Question: How come statisticians aren't listing two dropped passes for McEvoy yesterday? He isn't even listed to have been targeted. Prosise seemed to have a drop too, but it's not listed anywhere. Graham's is.
Probably because those are not official stats. It depends on who's counting them. The NFL doesn't. IMHO the consensus around here is pretty accurate. Mac dropped a couple that he probably should have caught.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Almost everything that went wrong is fixable. RW will dial in his overthrows and get over his hesitation.

Graham is a good receiver, McEvoy has been a clutch receiver and normally has good hands, so Is Prosise, but we've seen less of him.

Even just one more TD or the conversion of 1 of the early red zone chances would have us all here feeling the team showed some improvement. The dropped passes were simply missed opportunities.

I saw progress on the OLine although the team we were playing is not that good.

The team decided it wanted to win that game and did so in the 4 th Q, before that the mistakes wer letting the 9ers stay in the game and have hope.

A W is a W ugly or a throat stomp. Next up!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I had hoped that the Graham drops would stop after him and Russ got used to each other, but I guess that's just going to be an on-going problem with him. What a waste of money he is.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1hob9vqy said:
I had hoped that the Graham drops would stop after him and Russ got used to each other, but I guess that's just going to be an on-going problem with him. What a waste of money he is.

So we are just going to ignore 2016 when he broke all seahawk tight end records last year? The sky is not falling, he and russ will rebound. We need the OL to get marginally better. Half of his targets have been at or behind the line of scrimmage bc he is helping the OL with chips. Not the best way to be using anyone, especially not one of your best receiving options.

drrew

Reaction score
hawkfan68":12g1c4d3 said:

Graham "dropped" one pass, and it was because Russ led him directly into a safety who completely lit him up. This was early in the first, he only had one other target all game long.

There's something wrong with the integration of Graham into this offense, and it very well could be on him, but he didn't drop multiple passes that high school receivers are expected to catch like McEvoy did this week.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
drrew":2ls0nc66 said:
hawkfan68":2ls0nc66 said:

Graham "dropped" one pass, and it was because Russ led him directly into a safety who completely lit him up. This was early in the first, he only had one other target all game long.

There's something wrong with the integration of Graham into this offense, and it very well could be on him, but he didn't drop multiple passes that high school receivers are expected to catch like McEvoy did this week.

yep.

Can he play better? Absolutely, these first 2 weeks have been nothing to write home about, but trading him, like some have suggested, would be terrible. With the lack of OL talent around the league, no one would even consider it anyways. Not to mention, even if we did, what in the last 3 years has cable shown that would indicate it would even be an upgrade on what we have now?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
scrummymustard":3al34j4s said:
fenderbender123":3al34j4s said:

So we are just going to ignore 2016 when he broke all seahawk tight end records last year? The sky is not falling, he and russ will rebound. We need the OL to get marginally better. Half of his targets have been at or behind the line of scrimmage bc he is helping the OL with chips. Not the best way to be using anyone, especially not one of your best receiving options.

All those legendary Hall of Fame tight ends the Seahawks have had? The guy can be a receiving threat, but I can't stand dropped passes, especially from a guy making as much as him. He doesn't get WAY open, so he needs to be good at catching in traffic when Russ threads the needle (and Russ has done a good job of that), and he's had just a few too many drops for my taste. And yeah he's mostly a waste for the reasons you stated about having him come in and block.