7 Reasons To Fear Seattle

Seafan

Reaction score
Overseasfan":318cwoc2 said:
We're not the top favorite but I don't think anyone really wants to play Seattle. Stingy defense and a miracle man at QB is a great receipe for play off success.

There's nothing stingy about giving up over 24 points a game.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Seafan":29cs4a5t said:
Overseasfan":29cs4a5t said:
We're not the top favorite but I don't think anyone really wants to play Seattle. Stingy defense and a miracle man at QB is a great receipe for play off success.

There's nothing stingy about giving up over 24 points a game.

Good thing the team averaged below 18 points a game, good for second in the NFL.

ptisme

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3060975u said:
That's the thing about football... It's one game. In baseball the better team usually wins a seven game series. In football a soft team can get lucky over a 15 minute quarter..

Gotta love playoff smack talk:)

bigskydoc

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3mfdbtjm said:
I'd love the chance to serve another helping of NFCCG whoop-ass to Green Bay.

Can you guys imagine if we hosted them and won in overtime? LOL.

As much as I would love to have another improbable, come from behind win on a controversial, but correct, call at the last minute, I would be even happier with getting a dominant, leave no question, drubbing of the Packers.

Kind of like the only thing I would like better than demolishing the Pats in the Super Bowl, is never seeing the Pats in another Super Bowl, ever again.

ptisme

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1nljfx97 said:
RolandDeschain":1nljfx97 said:
I'd love the chance to serve another helping of NFCCG whoop-ass to Green Bay.

Can you guys imagine if we hosted them and won in overtime? LOL.

As much as I would love to have another improbable, come from behind win on a controversial, but correct, call at the last minute, I would be even happier with getting a dominant, leave no question, drubbing of the Packers.

Kind of like the only thing I would like better than demolishing the Pats in the Super Bowl, is never seeing the Pats in another Super Bowl, ever again.
I would love for you to have the opportunity.. It would mean we got by NYG and Dallas and you got by Atlanta... With that said anything is possible (as we've seen) but Seattle would have to be a lot stronger in the trenches on both sides of the ball to beat GB...

Anyways, I'll be rooting for your team the next two weeks. Good luck!

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2m7lxw5n said:

In Seattle? Of course not.

In Atlanta? Can't wait.

RussB

Reaction score
Overseasfan":a4zl6lej said:
I want to agree with you, but the defense looks less and less stingy every game.

ptisme

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1kpxj6mb said:
Overseasfan":1kpxj6mb said:

In Atlanta? Can't wait.
I first came on this website a few years ago. At that time Seattle was stacked on defense. I mean they got after the quarterback and they hit you... On offense they had beastmode punishing defenses and Wilson doing what he does. It was a well oiled machine... I tried saying before a game that Aaron Rodgers was going to come in here and do this and do that. I was LOUDLY told my team was soft and Seattle was going to make GB hurt. It was a very cocky attitude but you know what? They backed that up... We came up to Seattle and got destroyed the first game after Seattle won the SB... My only thought after the game was: When you taste success everyone is going to want to get paid (including the quarterback). You are going to be bled of depth by free agency and attrition. Your coaching staff and front office and scouting department is going to get raided. But not everyone will depart: You'll be left with coaches you can't stand (D. Bevell). It happens to every team...

Now beast mode is no more and the offensive line is, well, offensive. Russell Wilson is having to carry the offense on his back but he isn't that guy... The pass rush isn't there and defections/injury has left holes in the secondary sans Richard Sherman. I was at Lambeau a few weeks ago and Seattle was manhandled up front on both sides. Rodgers had a field day...

There is still plenty of talent here to get by a reeling Detroit Lions team, but they are going to have serious problems with Matt Ryan surveying that Seattle secondary... If they get by that it could be another drubbing at the hands of Aaron Rodgers (if GB bucks all odds and gets by two teams they match up poorly with)....

Fans from an opposing team come on here with the observation that Seattle has gone from punishing to being soft and it goes unanswered.. That was unheard of not long ago around here. Such is the frustrating nature of the parity driven NFL these days... But there are 18 other fan bases dying to be in this position. I'd wish good luck to Atlanta but I really don't want to see Matt and Julio so I will be rooting for the Hawks next weekend. Peace, PT.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Jville":21oaiv5z said:
A nice presentation to read >>>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.hawkblogger.com/2017/01/7-reasons-fear-seattle.html[/urltargetblank]

Top Sack TriosNFC Playoff Teams vs Other Playoff Teams
But hasn't Seattles defense been on the field and play more snaps than those teams? Being on the field more would definitely increase those numbers. Those numbers aren't telling and painting a complete picture.

This could very well indicate the offense cannot stay on the field long enough to rest the defense.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
ptisme":4jjv0ooh said:
FalconsFanNW":4jjv0ooh said:
Overseasfan":4jjv0ooh said:

In Atlanta? Can't wait.
I first came on this website a few years ago. At that time Seattle was stacked on defense. I mean they got after the quarterback and they hit you... On offense they had beastmode punishing defenses and Wilson doing what he does. It was a well oiled machine... I tried saying before a game that Aaron Rodgers was going to come in here and do this and do that. I was LOUDLY told my team was soft and Seattle was going to make GB hurt. It was a very cocky attitude but you know what? They backed that up... We came up to Seattle and got destroyed the first game after Seattle won the SB... My only thought after the game was: When you taste success everyone is going to want to get paid (including the quarterback). You are going to be bled of depth by free agency and attrition. Your coaching staff and front office and scouting department is going to get raided. But not everyone will depart: You'll be left with coaches you can't stand (D. Bevell). It happens to every team...

Now beast mode is no more and the offensive line is, well, offensive. Russell Wilson is having to carry the offense on his back but he isn't that guy... The pass rush isn't there and defections/injury has left holes in the secondary sans Richard Sherman. I was at Lambeau a few weeks ago and Seattle was manhandled up front on both sides. Rodgers had a field day...

There is still plenty of talent here to get by a reeling Detroit Lions team, but they are going to have serious problems with Matt Ryan surveying that Seattle secondary... If they get by that it could be another drubbing at the hands of Aaron Rodgers (if GB bucks all odds and gets by two teams they match up poorly with)....

Fans from an opposing team come on here with the observation that Seattle has gone from punishing to being soft and it goes unanswered.. That was unheard of not long ago around here. Such is the frustrating nature of the parity driven NFL these days... But there are 18 other fan bases dying to be in this position. I'd wish good luck to Atlanta but I really don't want to see Matt and Julio so I will be rooting for the Hawks next weekend. Peace, PT.

The Seattle defense is not "soft". They're not as dominant as they were in the past few years, but they are still a top 5 defense. It's unrealistic to expect a historic defense every single year. The fact they basically had that for 4 years in a row is unprecedented.

Just like your team has gone through ups and downs over the years. Rodgers has not been the best QB every year since he's started, he's had good years and bad. That's the NFL. Your defense is currently atrocious and if anyone had the soft label it would be yours. Also to expect another blowout because of one game is a joke. Firstly, it would be in Seattle, not GB. Secondly, Seattle has had exactly one blowout in the last 5 years. That game was a comedy of errors and I don't expect the same thing if we do rematch.

No one on this board is talking like we're world beaters this year. We haven't had the consistency and there have been obvious struggles. I don't understand why you are trolling on a board of a team that you are UNLIKELY to meet this year in the playoffs. Go troll the giants fans.

ptisme

Reaction score
Archer":370apcs9 said:
ptisme":370apcs9 said:
FalconsFanNW":370apcs9 said:
Overseasfan":370apcs9 said:

In Atlanta? Can't wait.

The Seattle defense is not "soft". They're not as dominant as they were in the past few years, but they are still a top 5 defense. It's unrealistic to expect a historic defense every single year. The fact they basically had that for 4 years in a row is unprecedented.

Just like your team has gone through ups and downs over the years. Rodgers has not been the best QB every year since he's started, he's had good years and bad. That's the NFL. Your defense is currently atrocious and if anyone had the soft label it would be yours. Also to expect another blowout because of one game is a joke. Firstly, it would be in Seattle, not GB. Secondly, Seattle has had exactly one blowout in the last 5 years. That game was a comedy of errors and I don't expect the same thing if we do rematch.

No one on this board is talking like we're world beaters this year. We haven't had the consistency and there have been obvious struggles. I don't understand why you are trolling on a board of a team that you are UNLIKELY to meet this year in the playoffs. Go troll the giants fans.
My point was lost on you completely... I'll make it easy: Once you start to pay out you lose players and it gets tougher. BTW, It was not trolling but a well thought out post.... Lastly, show me the year Rodgers had a "bad" year please...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ptisme":6528wrun said:
FalconsFanNW":6528wrun said:
Overseasfan":6528wrun said:

In Atlanta? Can't wait.

I read this with interest and agree with it to a point. Yes, they had to pay some that make things happen. Sometimes they played with the idea that they could backfill with a rookie that they could, shall they call it, pay under the table. Get some people that can hopefully fill in our shoes that are filling with sand. The time that they had to become the LOB and an iconic thought like the purple people eaters etc. are headed south very fast. But there are gems in the ruff that need time to work. The problem I see is they dont give that time to gel and make a force. Agree that we need time to make the program work as the Patriots have done. But that is not the way now of the newer cap era NFL. Also there are other things that seem to be blocking the new era of football. I shant go into those here. But I think they are commonplace now.
I do get what you are saying and am watching with interest your team with their chatbox. It is very interesting. Thanks for staying around. Hope this doesnt sound too chaotic.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
ptisme":3uyipzuy said:
I first came on this website a few years ago...

Excellent, and well thought out post (including the part I edited out for brevity).

It pretty much mirrors my thoughts exactly, and this is why our last Super Bowl was so painful. Knowing we had a narrow window before all of the attrition caught up to us and we became just another top team, instead of the dominant force we were for a few years there. Seeing us come so close to piss it all away.

Thankfully, I see us settling into being one of those perennial contenders (like GB, NE, Pitt, etc), but I'm not sure we can recapture the magic of that time period where nobody, and I mean nobody wanted to play us.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Archer":326bswqu said:
ptisme":326bswqu said:
FalconsFanNW":326bswqu said:
Overseasfan":326bswqu said:

In Atlanta? Can't wait.

Hmmm ... yes and no. Seattle's defense is NOT soft. You are quite correct in saying that. They are as hard nosed and tough as nails as ever. HOWEVER, they are also quite vulnerable to the deep pass now for the first time in 6 years ... and the numbers very clearly show that. Earl Thomas (as many of us would agree) is in so many ways the straw that stirs the drink so to speak. Now that he has gone down, that has proven to be a major weakness, as the Hawks have become totally reliant upon the ability to play Single High Safety.

I work with a Packers fan from Wisconsin (born and raised) and he and I talk NFL all the time. I've made no bones about it to him that I think (and I hate to admit this -- but I'm being completely objective here) that the Packers look like the team to beat in the NFC right now. I think they knock off both the Giants this weekend and march in to Dallas and do the same. Of all the teams out there, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are the one team that truly concerns me (for obvious reasons). He lit us up earlier this year ... and I fear he would absolutely torch Steven Terrell, were we to host the NFCCG against the Pack. That and an offensive line is the worst NFL line I think I've seen (kudos to Polk738 for posting Hawkblogger's very telling article that demonstrates clearly they're tipping plays) give me little to no true confidence that the Hawks will make the Super Bowl this year. BUT, stranger things have happened. As with all things, we'll see how it all shakes out.