710 ESPN going downhill

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Jville":34hnsbfm said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GallantSays/status/1432781160166223873[/tweet]

Oh man now I feel bad for what I said about him. He does seem like a really good guy. Someone will pick him up. He's young and smart and appeared to have a strong work ethic.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
Hard for me to miss either one. Didn't care for either. But I hate seeing people losing their job. Especially when you move to a new state to get the job.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
harryjohnson":ph0vyqnp said:
Hard for me to miss either one. Didn't care for either. But I hate seeing people losing their job. Especially when you move to a new state to get the job.

Exactly. That was a rotten thing for Salk to do. He uprooted him from Houston, comes out here and then gets canned a few short years later. Wow

notyou

Reaction score
Him getting canned didn't happen soon enough. He needs to get a job where it requires him to never speak.

hinton

Reaction score
I always feel bad whenever anyone loses their job, but I never really warmed to Gallant as a host. Nice guy, can't fault his effort, but I just didn't really like his style. I'm guessing these moves were driven by audience figures and that many must have felt similarly.

I'll miss Danny. He needed to be on with someone who balanced him out though, it worked well with him Dave and Jim.

Not sure why Salk gets so much stick. I'm glad he'll be back daily - 4 hour seems an hour too much though (same can be said for Jake & Stacey too, 3 hours was fine).

Also, from what I can see Salk hasn't been int he personnel dept for a few months, these moves weren't made by him.

Stretching 3 shows to last the full day seems a bit much though.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Man, 5 people doing 13 hours of radio? That sounds pretty brutal. Also Salk giving himself the morning drive slot just reeks of desperation.

Paul Gallant will be fine the Syracuse sports media alumni group will get him a job in a few weeks. I feel like he needs to go to LA or Arizona with big markets with fan bases that don't care about the local teams.

notyou

Reaction score
He'll need to find a place where the target audience is 8yrs old. That way he can do his nay the world & air horn crap.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Danny and Gallant sucked and got bad ratings for sucking. Danny was doing it remotely from NY city too.

Salk has not been in management for a while. this wasn't his call

Salk's show will be much better and get better ratings. Pretty simple.

Radio is dying though. It is really only for old Q boomers

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Jerhawk":hacg4s07 said:
harryjohnson":hacg4s07 said:

Exactly. That was a rotten thing for Salk to do. He uprooted him from Houston, comes out here and then gets canned a few short years later. Wow

So basically Salk did to Gallant what Boston did to Salk a few years ago.

Smellyman

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2daarq0k said:
Jerhawk":2daarq0k said:
harryjohnson":2daarq0k said:

So basically Salk did to Gallant what Boston did to Salk a few years ago.

Salk didn't do it, management did

sdog1981

Reaction score
Smellyman":2bm1yssa said:

Salk is the management. He is the stations program director.

sc85sis

Reaction score

knownone

Reaction score
sc85sis":2i2fgnf7 said:
sdog1981":2i2fgnf7 said:
Smellyman":2i2fgnf7 said:

Salk is the management. He is the stations program director.
No he isn't.

“We’re excited and fortunate to be able to add such a talented host back into our daily lineup,” said 710 ESPN Seattle Program Director, Kyle Brown.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/1492901/7 ... ir-lineup/?
Salk was the director of programming at 710, and he was in upper management at the parent station, but he stepped down a few months ago. So Salk probably was involved in moving on from Danny and Gallant.

Jville

Reaction score
It might have been precipitated by a continuation of institutional cost cutting to prop up the bottom line as corporate journalism surenders market size. Recently, I've been selecting favorites from among the many citizen and occupation journalists that have been emerging in recent years.

The times they are a changing.