710 new morning show *yawn*

James in PA

Reaction score
Did you guys know that Gee Scott got his start washing cars for the Seahawks .... and that Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
James in PA":12nq41sk said:
Did you guys know that Gee Scott got his start washing cars for the Seahawks .... and that Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?!

Hmm first we heard of Bettis from Detroit, must have missed that retirement party for him in Detroit during the Super Bowl and all the Terrible Towels with Bettis on them or the NFL Marketing the hell out of Bettis's home town Detroit and how the Pistons announced the Steelers at the Game and nothing about the Seahawks or the slashing of the Team buses tires.

But no we never knew Bettis was from Detroit :)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":320etfyg said:
James in PA":320etfyg said:

Hmm first we heard of Bettis from Detroit, must have missed that retirement party for him in Detroit during the Super Bowl and all the Terrible Towels with Bettis on them or the NFL Marketing the hell out of Bettis's home town Detroit and how the Pistons announced the Steelers at the Game and nothing about the Seahawks or the slashing of the Team buses tires.

But no we never knew Bettis was from Detroit :)
Or that literally 75% of the pregame show that day was spent talking about the stealers, Buttass and Detroit, and, and, and,...... :pukeface:

gargantual

Reaction score
I've been busy this week, so have fallen behind on the podcasts.

Wow. I'd heard Brock and Salk were leaving and doing the weekly podcast thing instead, but hadn't heard about O'Neil leaving Danny, Dave and Moore.

I definitely agree with how annoying Salk is (with the exception of the jab at liberals.....keep your political bs off the forum....you KNOW better...that's rightfully against the rules). Salk's thinly veiled Patriots homerism is as nauseating as his whiny voice and demeanor. Listening to him defend them during the whole Inflategate thing during the run-up to Superb Owl 49 made me wanna puke at times. I won't miss him but definitely WILL miss Brock in the mornings.

I'm more concerned about what's going to happen to the 3pm show though. Danny is often annoying by himself....as Moore can be at times himself, but the humorous dynamic of the three together made that show a must listen for me every day. It even sustained me through all the boring Baseball talk during the offseason. I quite often literally laugh out loud.

Dave's dry humor is probably the biggest part of it, but they had really developed such a chemistry between them, from their pinging good-natured insults off one another to their rally to defend their fellow teammates when outsiders insulted THEM. If that show is gone I'll really miss it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Radio hosts come and go.... and some get busted for paying prostitutes.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I don't get the Salk hate?

He was one of the few hosts that didn't tip-toe around the Seahawks. There should be more.

It would be awful if everyone on sports radio was saying 'everything is awesome' all the time - you'd soon be shouting for someone to step forward and counter it all. That balance is needed.

notyou

Reaction score
gargantual":6oahbaav said:
I've been busy this week, so have fallen behind on the podcasts.

Wow. I'd heard Brock and Salk were leaving and doing the weekly podcast thing instead, but hadn't heard about O'Neil leaving Danny, Dave and Moore.

I definitely agree with how annoying Salk is (with the exception of the jab at liberals.....keep your political bs off the forum....you KNOW better...that's rightfully against the rules). Salk's thinly veiled Patriots homerism is as nauseating as his whiny voice and demeanor. Listening to him defend them during the whole Inflategate thing during the run-up to Superb Owl 49 made me wanna puke at times. I won't miss him but definitely WILL miss Brock in the mornings.

I'm more concerned about what's going to happen to the 3pm show though. Danny is often annoying by himself....as Moore can be at times himself, but the humorous dynamic of the three together made that show a must listen for me every day. It even sustained me through all the boring Baseball talk during the offseason. I quite often literally laugh out loud.

Dave's dry humor is probably the biggest part of it, but they had really developed such a chemistry between them, from their pinging good-natured insults off one another to their rally to defend their fellow teammates when outsiders insulted THEM. If that show is gone I'll really miss it.
I believe it's going to be Bob, Dave and Moore now.

acer1240

Reaction score
uncle fester":34qvdxlb said:

He was one of the few hosts that didn't tip-toe around the Seahawks. There should be more.

It would be awful if everyone on sports radio was saying 'everything is awesome' all the time - you'd soon be shouting for someone to step forward and counter it all. That balance is needed.

Agree. Salk is a counterbalance that is needed. I don't understand the hate he gets.

I'm sad they are breaking up the band.

Tical21

Reaction score
Salk was the best on that station, followed by Wassel. Original thought...what a concept! Brock was second worst, to Gee Scott. Knowing nothing about sports and having a really awkward delivery usually makes for a tough sports radio career.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1v85y4xk said:
Well, I'm not gonna' miss Salk and his constant anger and whining. I'll miss Brock. But I'll check out the podcast from time to time. I'm glad we won't hear the Groz much either, should have retired a decade ago.
Agreed, my man!

Salk always annoyed me!

Only person I really enjoyed on 710 is John Clayton.

Although Danny Dave and Moore were great together!

notyou

Reaction score
Clayton used to be alright. Now he seems to be stammering a lot.

gargantual

Reaction score
I definitely agree with the counterbalance aspect to Salk....and the professionalism part. His personality was just grating at times. The choirboy vs the cynic was a nice dynamic between him and Brock too.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I prefer a little professionalism in the people I talk to and follow, so Danny O'Neill's never been my guy, really. Especially lately, seems to have developed a case of the cheap shots.

Bell and Salk, both too much politics.

Bob and Groz, completely replaceable.

Now Brock, that guy I'd listen to all day. Alone. On helium.

Smellyman

Reaction score
uncle fester":3bcdlz3c said:

Salk was the only balance to all the homerism and naivety.

Not many people on radio more annoying than Danny O' Neil.

710 about to go into the dumper.

Lanakila

Reaction score
I started listening to KJR in the morning this week because I quickly got tired of listening to them drone on and on about the 'momentous changes' and how they're GOING TO HAVE A PODCAST!!!!!
One thing I like about KJR is that they have way less commercials....probably because their ratings are lower and they have lower overall salaries to pay. But I swear 710 is nearly wall to wall commercials.
I also enjoy listening to Coach Holmgren. I'd listen to him read the phone book. I enjoy Hugh Millen's insight. He isn't nearly as earnest and gee whiz as Brock.
On the other hand I can't stand Softy. Fake tough guy. So annoying with his pseudo threatening delivery.
Mid day....I wish Bob had left with Groz. They both had this 'the fan's are ignorant and their opinions worthless' when anyone criticized the Seahawks was grating. I'm bummed he's on at 3. Danny, Dave and Moore was a good show. The three of them had a surprisingly good chemistry. Being the new guy on the show I'd hope he would STFU for a little while....but he won't.
I actually like Danny so I'll give the new guy a chance but like I said I'll being listening to KJR more in the morning.
And Gee Scott....as much as I like to root for an underdog he's delivery is sooo annoying. The way he used to suck up to "Mr JC" was too hard to listen to. I'm glad Clayton dumped him quickly.