9ers will be tougher than Broncos.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
One thing I do believe about the guys we are putting on the field is they will give the best effort they can. They might make some mistakes but it won't be for lack of effort. I also think our talent level is much more on par with what we face than they are given credit for. It's going to be a game, and I think it's a game we could win.
Of course, I always go into a game believing that...LOL
Its always a good game. I just wish it wasnt going to rain... that means that its probably going to be a low scoring defensive game and the game will be won or lost in the muddy trenches (is SF still natural turf or sport's turf i dont remember) We dont need any more injuries....regardless we got a good shot at this one.. to me this is a must win, a bigger game than Denver with out the hype. Starting off 2-0 going into Atlanta? This the stretch in our schedule that we need to be strong in... playing the young guys and winning at the same time i mean it couldn't go any better. Truthfully i just hope we get out of this one healthy and dony lose any major players...

Hawknight

Reaction score
If it rains it will be close . If it's dry, SF should take this one at home by 7.
Living in the Bay Area...weather reports put it at 90%..I live about 20 miles from the stadium....weather will make it interesting for both sides.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Very encouraging that Damien Lewis and KW3 are suiting up, our run blocking just take a step up. On a rainy day, running game takes on a new importance, perfect timing for these two to join the starters.

Penny did have a pretty good game against the Broncos, if those holding calls didn't happen, he could be closing in on 100 yards.

Pete and Waldron also surprised Hackett and company by passing a lot when they expected us to run run run, good coaching right there, that said, when the Bronco pivot to pass defense in the second half, we could have run a bit more and some jet sweep etc.,

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If it rains it will be close . If it's dry, SF should take this one at home by 7.

Idk, if there's been one glaring deficiency during camp, pre-season games and the first game, it's poor tackling.

Honestly if Hackett would have ran the ball down our throats Monday night instead of caving into the we need to make sure Russ has his revenge by throwing it? Bronco's probably win that game by 10 because they were averaging over 5 yards a carry with many missed tackles and bad angles by our defense.

So I'm not so sure we want this to be a smash mouth rain fest.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The experts were wrong up and down the schedule all day Sunday and Monday. But they're bound to have a good day sooner or later.
Lance is not nearly at the QB level Russ is.
Their pass rush will make some plays, but they also might rush right past our RBs so our runners can make big plays.
I believe this is a more evenly matched game than most seem to think.
^^THIS^^ It's not going to be a walk in the park for EITHER team.
This should be a really good GAME for both sides, and because it's a GAME & injuries are a given, let's hope that any and all injuries will be minimal damage to ALL players.

Own The West

Reaction score
Lance reminds me of Kaepernick at this point of his career. I predict he will have at least one back-breaking scramble for a large gain. Still, if we focus on stopping the run and keeping him in the pocket I like our chances.

The way we were using the flat, screens, and quick hitters; I don’t see their pass rush having a big day. Their corners are going to get a lot of work — which is just fine.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Idk, if there's been one glaring deficiency during camp, pre-season games and the first game, it's poor tackling.

Honestly if Hackett would have ran the ball down our throats Monday night instead of caving into the we need to make sure Russ has his revenge by throwing it? Bronco's probably win that game by 10 because they were averaging over 5 yards a carry with many missed tackles and bad angles by our defense.

I agree, and will add that the 49ers stopped the Bears running on soaked field.

Nonetheless, I am really looking forward to seeing how Walker III looks in his first regular season game. He might be a good “mudder”!

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Having not had time available to digest this thread. I’m guessing it’s about the team dynamic going into this week. I expect this to be an extremely difficult game for us because their dynamic is to run the ball and we haven’t shown any ability to tackle thus far through the preseason and the first week of the regular season. However, If we can rekindle the spirit that we played week one with, then we may have a chance to defeat the Niners.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score

Please be sensitive to our former franchise savior, please stop all these run run run talk. This game was Wilson's coming out party, he was showing how he likes to cook and how his will lead the team to vicotry by pass the ball, just like Mahomes, Allen, etc.,

IF Hackett would to keep running, Wilson will again look like a game manager, not MVP candidate. He will be livid with Hackett.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Its always a good game. I just wish it wasnt going to rain... that means that its probably going to be a low scoring defensive game and the game will be won or lost in the muddy trenches (is SF still natural turf or sport's turf i dont remember) We dont need any more injuries....regardless we got a good shot at this one.. to me this is a must win, a bigger game than Denver with out the hype. Starting off 2-0 going into Atlanta? This the stretch in our schedule that we need to be strong in... playing the young guys and winning at the same time i mean it couldn't go any better. Truthfully i just hope we get out of this one healthy and dony lose any major players...

Levis is just grass. Speaking of a different varietal of weed, we’re mad harvesting right now to keep it from getting moldy As there’s an 80 percent chance of rain Monday.

keasley45

Reaction score
Very encouraging that Damien Lewis and KW3 are suiting up, our run blocking just take a step up. On a rainy day, running game takes on a new importance, perfect timing for these two to join the starters.

Penny did have a pretty good game against the Broncos, if those holding calls didn't happen, he could be closing in on 100 yards.

Pete and Waldron also surprised Hackett and company by passing a lot when they expected us to run run run, good coaching right there, that said, when the Bronco pivot to pass defense in the second half, we could have run a bit more and some jet sweep etc.,

Yup. Getting the running game on track will be huge. The game last week woukd have had a completely different complexion if not for our penalties... but one was pretty bogus on Penny's longest run.

Looking forward to us pounding the rock and hitting some deep shots.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Yup. Getting the running game on track will be huge. The game last week woukd have had a completely different complexion if not for our penalties... but one was pretty bogus on Penny's longest run.

Looking forward to us pounding the rock and hitting some deep shots.
Both teams, especially the Hawks did the unexpected on MNF. Pete called bunch of passes, Broncos' stacking the box was wasted, Russ did the check downs, passes to TE and RB. Both strategies worked the element of surprises and was effective, theirs also helped by poor coverage and tackling of our LBs.

What we have not seen would be higher risked bombs by Geno, I think he got the arms for it, but bombs requires more time to develop. Will coaches trust the OL? Especially if Lewis taking over LG, he had some bad pass blocking in the past. What do you think?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
The only way we win this one is if we mitigate the opposing run game and dominate with ours. Lancy pants is good at home, actually.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I didn’t see the Niners play last week and it’s only a one-game sample anyway. At this point I have no clue what kind of matchup they’ll be for us. Just going to take it as it comes and hope we play well.
THIS.

I wanna see both the passing and run game as they evolve here. Just kinda 'seeing what happens'.

Even if we lose, we're 1 and 1... if that's any consolation to anyone ;)

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score

Looking forward to us pounding the rock and hitting some deep
Anyone notice the hawks lined up in the wish bone fir 2 plays that never happened because of penalties?

Latest posts