After 7 games, #7 in offense, #7 in defense

toffee

Reaction score
The Browns' defense vs our offense, Geno's passing and our OL's pass blocking suffered. Our defense side tackling and coverage are getting better. On offense, our run blocking has been improving slowly but steadily according pff.

PFF's grading:

Seahawks week 7

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
Just for clarification, whose ratings are those? Chart doesn't say, nor does your post. ;)

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Just for clarification, whose ratings are those? Chart doesn't say, nor does your post. ;)
PFF, I have been posting this every week, it was mentioned on most weeks but forgot to mention here. Thx for pointing it out.

Aircrew

Reaction score
If our defense can keep this up and Geno/Waldron can make improvements...the NFC West title is seriously in reach.

LTH

Reaction score
I just think the O needs to find rhythm. Here is why. The last drive they went into 2 min offense, they were money. 2 min O is a total rhythm O. It's almost like that drive was scripted. bthink they need to do more of this tempo change especially off a turn over that deflates the opposing team.

I think Geno is a rhythm QB. The Hawks are starting to protect Geno as he wasn't running for his life although he was getting some pressure. It's starting to smooth out.

Here they are a top 7 Offense and they are NOT playing their best football... there is a lot of room for improvement. Where are they going to be when they start playing to their potential? JSN is just warming up, Zack Charbonnet is just warming up. Bobo is contributing consistently... now this week McIntosh is making his debut. Interesting to see how they use him. Eskridge is back...

I think it's so important to get these guys involved to spread the ball out and attack the whole field. When was the last time Dissly caught a pass. I mean this team is so loaded with talent that it's tough to get everybody involved. It's a great problem to have.

It's time to get away from tendencies. It's obvious to me that teams are watching tape and zeroing in on the Hawks tendencies...I think that is half of Geno's problems. That is on Waldron ...now the O line is playing better I'm hoping they open up the play book a bit.

I think this game against the Browns was the break out game I've been talking about. Yeah the offense didn't do much most of the game but that last scoring winning drive was a statement against the best D in the league. Now the Hawks believe they can do this...they proved it. I think from now on the Hawks are going to start to open it up and start scoring some points. Here we go guys
Are you excited?

I can definitely see why the Hawks went all in and traded for Williams. You don't make a trade like that unless you think they have a shot at the SB.

The niners are in trouble...yeah they lost 3 in a row, because they lost Trent Williams and DS. The depth of that team is not what the Hawks have and I think that has been proven.

Anybody have any thoughts on this post?

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
I hope you're right.
I'm not saying that the Niners are toast. They will be back. But for really the first time Purdy has gotten hammered consistently... the D was not able to save the O. The NFL now knows how to get to the Niners andvthe Hawks Have The D to get that done especially with the Williams trade. They are going to make Purdy feel like a ping pong ball in a washer machine...

Just my take

LTH