A actually feel kinda bad for PH.....

hawk45

Reaction score
mikeak":17j7jn6e said:
I will always feel sorry for people with mental health issues. Rich or poor
Lumping selfish and lazy in with mental issues insults folks with legit problems and is a big reason why many are dismissive towards them.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I still fully blame Bevell for this whole thing.

I'd be pissed off too if the way I was integrated in the offense was with a bunch of plays that simply did not work. He has elite speed and rarely did we utilize it DOWN the field. The reason he had a bunch of gadget/gimmicky plays in college and with the Vikings is he had the likes of Tim Tebow and Christian Ponder throwing it to him.

But when he had Brett Favre? He shined.

The smear campaign against him is pretty funny though. Golden Tate, while I loved him because he was a Seahawk, struck me as that dude that probably deserved a punch to the face - even more so if the rumors of him and Ashton Wilson had any truth to them.

Doug Baldwin? A guy that intense and angry at everything.. going against a guy.. intense and angry at everything? Wow.. hard to imagine why those two got into a scuffle.

These guys all have egos, ESPECIALLY at wide receiver.. one of the most entitled positions in the sport. There are more Harvin's in the game than Larry Fitzgerald's.

To me.. again.. this all falls right at the feet of Bevell. Harvin wanting the ball is not bad at all. I think every Seahawk fan in the world wanted Percy Harvin to touch the football. But the way he was utilized was so laughably bad .. we caught the Packers off guard because they had basically a handful of plays to work off of.. but once actual film came out with how we used Harvin, not once did Bevell change it up.. and naturally it got shut the hell down.

So naturally, as a player who is already wired a bit differently.. guess what happens? Frustration bubbles over.. and here we are.

I guess my point is, trading Harvin away is like putting a piece of duct tape over a leak. It might stop it for awhile.. but eventually that leak is going to break again. Darrell Bevell is the real problem here.. not Golden Tate, not Percy Harvin.. and not the next guy that will be thrown on the train tracks for this pedestrian coordinator.

Last year we won a Super Bowl because of our defense and in spite of the offense. Look at how we look with injuries decimating the secondary and FA taking away our depth.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1mso58th said:
hawk45":1mso58th said:
Come on, sad for Percy? Be sad for all the good dudes making peanuts who don't have one millionth of Percy's talent or money.
Sad for a selfish primadonna millionaire with astonishing gifts, yep, Percy's had it rough being adored and paid and having his assholery ignored alright.

Heh, heh...

he said "assholery", heh, heh.

:mrgreen:

Huh huh huh yeah huh

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3r72ya6p said:
Never be sad for this dude. He's a bad dude that fleeced our team into giving him a boat load on money for doing nothing.

Never feel sad for this millionaire jackass.

I totally agree, he milked the injury last year, and had one good play in the Super Bowl and all the media is calling him a SB star, have fun on the Jets and will not see the playoffs again.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I feel bad for Harvin like Shango felt bad for Dez Bryant "you better get your sh*t right or your ass will end up in Cleveland, if you're lucky !"

So, we ship him off to the Jets. I find the parallels amusing.

I agree with one of the posters saying Harvin has no leverage now, so he has to play his ass off. Which will get us the highest draft pick possible. I honestly think Harvin will eat Geno Smith for lunch and submarine their already bad season. He will epically blow up that team and then he'll be out of the league when no one wants to deal with him.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
mikeak":6q7334ok said:
Not even kidding, I wonder if there's any schizophrenia in the Harvin lineage. Typically it takes a while to fully develop, but it starts with hearing voices usually aimed at identifying untrustworthy people, regardless of factual evidence, and usually involves hurting them. Percival has attacked people in high school, college, and the pros. Something is seriously wrong with the wiring in that brain.

Whether it's that or bipolar or whatever, couple that with world-class athleticism, to the point where you have no consistent peer from the time you're in junior high, it's no wonder he has no time, patience, or understanding of other people. It is a lamentable conflux of attributes, as odd as that seems.

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":18ilec5y said:
mikeak":18ilec5y said:
Not even kidding, I wonder if there's any schizophrenia in the Harvin lineage. Typically it takes a while to fully develop, but it starts with hearing voices usually aimed at identifying untrustworthy people, regardless of factual evidence, and usually involves hurting them. Percival has attacked people in high school, college, and the pros. Something is seriously wrong with the wiring in that brain.

Whether it's that or bipolar or whatever, couple that with world-class athleticism, to the point where you have no consistent peer from the time you're in junior high, it's no wonder he has no time, patience, or understanding of other people. It is a lamentable conflux of attributes, as odd as that seems.

Agreed and I was not kidding. I don't know if he is mentally I'll but there are several players that have had issues they admitted and many others that did not admit it.

Just didn't feel like arguin with everyone :)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2u1u8c6s said:
I still fully blame Bevell for this whole thing.

I'd be pissed off too if the way I was integrated in the offense was with a bunch of plays that simply did not work.

When exactly were these plays not working? He was used to great effect vs. Green Bay. Got himself a 50 yard TD vs. SD. Got yards and catches vs. Denver. Was targeted on three TDs vs. Washington. It wasn't working in Dallas, but for all we know, his teammates may have code-red'ed him by missing every single block on his six touches. If he had any issue, then it was an entirely stat-based one. He was getting utilized fine -- some bad breaks (particularly in SD and WAS) kept his numbers down. But the dude got a ton of money to do his job, not be a stat monger.

And also, if you got a major issue with how Percy was used, then you have an issue with Pete, not Bevell. Percy in a Seahawks uniform was Pete's vision. Bevell is going to use him how Pete wants him used. Percy was on a winning team and got his guaranteed money. That should be enough. He's never once proven he's DeSean Jackson, even when Favre was throwing him the ball.

The "down field" thing is called "spin." The dude was sent on plenty of conventional routes. He's not going to admit that he slacked off in practice, got into it with all his teammates, and milked an injury for an entire season. If he had any ability to go down field and was threatening to sabotage the team unless he got those targets, ya think Carroll might have given that shot?! Or do we really believe that, rather than even attempt to send Harvin down field, Carroll decided he'd rather flush his 1st/3rd/7th round pick + $26M guaranteed down the toilet for peanuts?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
mikeak":x3hhc58d said:
HawkAroundTheClock":x3hhc58d said:
mikeak":x3hhc58d said:

Agreed and I was not kidding. I don't know if he is mentally I'll but there are several players that have had issues they admitted and many others that did not admit it.

Just didn't feel like arguin with everyone :)
Yes, yes, your sincerity came through and I appreciate you bringing it up. I was more qualifying my use of "schizophrenia" because when people see that they typically think of homeless mutterers, asylum creepers in straight jackets, or scheming serial killers. But it effects more than 3 million people in this country and many don't realize they have it until something serious or dangerous happens.

Just before seeing this thread I was talking to my wife about a news radio report on schizophrenia that she heard on the way home. The crux was that the illness is genetic, can be triggered or worsened by stress, hinges on a severe lack of trust, often unreasonable and unprovoked, followed by spontaneous violence as a result of hearing voices. For males, the onset of the disease spikes dramatically between the late teens and late twenties. I'm not speculating that Percy has it, just wondering out loud. Maybe he's just a colossal jerk, but with his history and the extremity of behavior it certainly seems there's more to it.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
How about the millions of people that actually struggle with mental illness everyday and don't have millions of dollars and every single avenue available to them to get better.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Zig, you can't buy self awareness. Money has nothing to do with the ability to ask for help or to realize you might need it.

Also, this isn't the shack. There are rules about language here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I cannot bring myself to feel sorry for someone who makes 12M a year.

Harvin might be an unbelievably talented football player, but he's a selfish ass...........and he's everything I hate about team sports.

If you wanna be selfish, go play tennis or golf. Team sports require players all playing selflessly for the good of the team.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
HAWKFaninBAMA":2yjfukfv said:
Imagine that you are possibly one of the most talented individuals on the planet at something.

Now imagine that you have such a flaw that you can't even exhibit your potential. It is your fault, yes, but from the outside looking in it is incredibly sad.

What a waste .......

Good Luck Rex Ryan, on the upside for you..... maybe he has nice feet........

I don't. Anyone can get help for anger management issues and can solve it, IF they have the desire and drive to. Not everyone can be given the God-given physical talents he was given. Call me a hater, but I don't sympathize. It's a waste of good talent, I feel bad for the wasted talent, not bad for him as a person (if the anger management issues are truly as bad as it seems).

hoxrox

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1zvv34ha said:
hoxrox":1zvv34ha said:
Sad? Hope this POS suffers a career ending injury

Really? Did he snatch your lunch from you? lol

No but despite given the opportunity to shine, this multi-millionaire head-case screwed our team on so many different levels... I won't go through all of it here.

It's a type of trade that may haunt us for awhile. We're already seeing the repercussions.

HawkEye

Reaction score
Bad?? Not at all! I think this could be the best scenario for PH. The Jets owner and front office were happy to mortgage their team to keep Marc Sanchez even when that team was a mess (still is by the way).

I think desperation will make Harvin powerful in that locker room. He will get what he wants, in the way he wants. The owner clearly has Ryan by the balls, and he will impose Harvin, even if he acts like an ass.

Latest posts