A day late..Day 4 of Training Camp

Vetamur

Reaction score
Um. So, yeah.. I didnt write it yesterday.

Well, this is why they could never charge actual admission to training camp. Theres the 7 buck transportation fee..which clearly they profit for but if they charged even 10 bucks instead I wouldnt go.

This day was pretty boring. Lots of simple drills that its quite difficult to draw any information or conclusions from.

They did do some 2 minute drills and some route tree work , but that was done on the far field, so it was difficult to see.

Here are a few of the take aways:

1) I think they are hoping that Archer (3rd string QB) could develop into a legit (and cheaper) #2. In a couple of drills he got to take the second team reps, not T Jack. It makes sense, they know what they have in TJack. I wish I could say it was a success, but I cant. Archer absolutely stalled the offense in 2 minute drills, threw one pick (off a deflection) and generally just seemed very 3rd string-esque. He may also have something weird going on with his cadence because there were 2 false starts and 3 out of 5 plays at one point when he was running the offense, though to be fair that could have been on the other players.

2) Kevin Smith continues to make his case in the crowded WR group.

3) Lockett is for real.

4) Cassius Marsh and Richard Sherman both missed plays after tweaking feet or ankles but were back soon. More than anything this just showed how little attention most of the spectators were paying by that point in practice. Usually when a player of Shermans stature gets hurt at all the crowd gets to mumuring but yesterday there wasnt a peep.

5) Rawls had a couple of good catch and runs and seems to have excellent acceleration.

6) The CB traded for with Detroit (forgot his name) was already there and on the field wearing #39. One advantage of the scheme we play with our CBs was the he was out there and not lost at all immediately. He looks very Seahawk-y.

Thats just about it. There really wasnt that much you could take away from that practice.

Will be there tomorrow again and thats my last.. Thursday night its back to Tokyo til September.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I have a feeling we're finally going to tilt a bit to the offense like any team with an elite level quarterback. This is the first time Wilson has a legitimate NFL receiver and all reports are saying what Lockett did at K-State will translate whole cloth. I never doubted that, but he was a local player for me. That I watched every week on regular broadcast television, so accept that I'm probably biased.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":xp7hcuf1 said:
I have a feeling we're finally going to tilt a bit to the offense like any team with an elite level quarterback. This is the first time Wilson has a legitimate NFL receiver and all reports are saying what Lockett did at K-State will translate whole cloth. I never doubted that, but he was a local player for me. That I watched every week on regular broadcast television, so accept that I'm probably biased.

I like it that he played with a QB in college who was inaccurate at times but when the plays break down Lockett knew what to do, so he will definitely benefit from Wilson when the scrambling starts and I hope it all ends up in Touchdowns.

byau

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2vo8d87o said:

I also tend to think we tilt towards the paycheck, meaning the guys on the team seem to want to show they earned their paycheck once they get it . Yes this means Russell as you mentioned. I think Wagner is going to explode too. If something gets done with Chancellor (I really don't see that happening, anyway..) I can see Kam going nuts too.

Hopefully no one overdoes it too early in the season - here's to a healthy season