A lot of things broke the Seahawks' way

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
2014 NFC Championship game, everything didn't go the Seahawk's way and still won.

People say everything went right our way this game, and lucky enough to win.

Football is part luck sometimes, and I'm glad it bounces our way more often than not, but at the same time the other team has to perform as well to not make it a luck thing.

If we are sluggish right now on offense and still won imagine what happens when the offense click later in November and December. The defense will be better as well.

dunceface

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2p3r6t4y said:
There were also things that broke Miami's way, including Wilson's ankle. Other items include two crucial drops by Tyler Lockett on 3rd down, Michael failing to finish his run on inches, multiple hold calls wiping away positive plays, a freak fumble in Seattle's own territory, a phantom personal foul on Kam Chancellor.

Seattle outplayed Miami, dominated total yardage (352-222), TOP, converted 1st downs, etc. With a gimpy QB. Don't tell me the Seahawks were lucky to win this game.
BAHNG

Smoke

Reaction score
dunceface":10jje5bq said:
DavidSeven":10jje5bq said:
There were also things that broke Miami's way, including Wilson's ankle. Other items include two crucial drops by Tyler Lockett on 3rd down, Michael failing to finish his run on inches, multiple hold calls wiping away positive plays, a freak fumble in Seattle's own territory, a phantom personal foul on Kam Chancellor.

Seattle outplayed Miami, dominated total yardage (352-222), TOP, converted 1st downs, etc. With a gimpy QB. Don't tell me the Seahawks were lucky to win this game.
BAHNG

Voice of reason

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Weird thread. Season has started I guess.

Aren't close games always decided by close plays?

4th and inches and didn't get it isn't "breaking" the Hawks way. That's great D. So is the blocked field goal. Why not acknowledge that effort instead of chalking it up to luck.

minormillikin

Reaction score
This is just a list of things that happen in games all the time.

If Stills had caught the ball it doesn't mean that the Dolphins would have won. It was early in the game and would have changed the Seahawks gameplan, etc etc...

For all we know, Stills could have caught that pass and playing more aggressively in response, we could have won 45-10. Russ might not have been stepped on by Suh, as a result. Who knows what would have happened? Not me, not you.

Same goes for every other item on the list.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3eacvu64 said:
Uncle Si":3eacvu64 said:
Weird thread. Season has started I guess.

Aren't close games always decided by close plays?

4th and inches and didn't get it isn't "breaking" the Hawks way. That's great D. So is the blocked field goal. Why not acknowledge that effort instead of chalking it up to luck.

If you haven't noticed, .Net is really focused on the negative right now.

to be expected by the usual suspects..

atleast he left out "Bench Wilson" in this one.

A

Anonymous

DavidSeven":1dxyc4j3 said:

DavidSeven just advanced to "DavidEightPointFive" with this post. /\

:les:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Bad teams win when everything is going their way

Good teams win when everything is going their opponents way. :les:

Can't wait for the regular season to start. :lol:

kearly

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2mmpupa1 said:
He is so clever he pissed away 3 easy points by going for it on 4th down deep in our territory.

I wasn't impressed with Gase.

Statisticians have long argued that teams need to go for 4th down more often, so it shouldn't be a huge surprise that the most aggressive coach in the NFL at going for it on 4th down is the NFL's smartest coach, Bill Belichick. I thought both teams made the right decisions to go for it on 4th down yesterday.

With regards to Miami going for it, they were the biggest underdogs of the weekend and on the road, so it made sense to be aggressive. Kam made an amazing play or else it probably would have converted.

kearly

Reaction score
There were lucky breaks that went both ways, I would say that luck was pretty even. So I wouldn't say that Seattle was "lucky" to win.

It is probably fair to say they were fortunate however. A couple of times on that final drive Seattle was facing 4th downs that basically put the game on the line and converted both of them. I don't have win probability charts handy for this game but I'm guessing Miami reached 90% win probability on those plays. There's no question, Seattle dodged a bullet.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
It's luck when a QB misses a throw? When a 4th down doesn't get there? When a receiver drops a pass?

It ain't luck folks, it's called execution. Winning teams do it well, (although no one's perfect), and losing teams don't.

One of the things that make winners is when you're not playing at your best you still win.

A

Anonymous

I'm just gad they missed that bomb pass in the 2nd.

When he dropped it, all the fantasy players who had Tannehill collectively swore at their TV's all at once and the Hawks fans all went "no no no noooo... yesssss!".

Probably registered on the Richter scale.