Stolen Season (Corruption Compilation!)

RiverDog

Reaction score
xray":1m90su1n said:
OK...on the pass interference play that should of been called for example . Lets say the Hawks got that call and finished the possession somehow with 7 pts . They still lose the game by 3 . My point is that they have many other issues that cost that game other than officiating .

Yeah, I have a friend that claims that no call cost us the game and the season. In reality, although it was a very large factor, on its own it didn't do either.

Even if we get the call, we still would have had to score a touchdown and kick the XP, something that we had only done once that game, then either manage the clock in the process of scoring the TD or keep the Rams from getting into FG range just to get the game into OT, where we haven't fared well, losing all 3 of our OT games this season. Or we could have scored a TD then made good on a 2 pt conversion, and we saw how well that worked out vs. WFT.

And even had we won last night, our odds STILL would have been very long to make the playoffs. The season wasn't lost last night. It was busted weeks, if not months, ago.

Our biggest problem during the course of the entire season can be boiled down to one word: Inconsistency. It was a problem before, during, and after Russell got injured. That drive to start the 2nd half was a masterpiece as were some of the defense we saw. But we haven't gotten it when we've needed it worse, when the game was on the line.

We are an average, borderline good team, better than our 6-9 record this season, worse than our 12-4 record from a year ago. We're mediocre.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The season was lost when it takes until the second half of the year to finally play well. And that’s just one side of the ball.

Both the defense and the offense are never playing well at the same time.

In terms of that, the refs have nothing to do with that.

The Seahawks for years and years, takes a long time until the season is damn near over for one side of the ball to play well.

That’s very indicative of how this team has been operating for years now.

There needs to be change in within this organization or you’re likely to end up doing the same thing each year.

Either blaming refs (don’t let refs decide games) be better than the other team early in the season and keep the momentum.

Coach well, evaluate and make decisions to better the team.

Last night, Wilson did not play well.

He continues to miss throws almost consistently now.

Balls float, his timing is off, he does not see or does not throw to the open receiver.

DK should have had multiple touchdowns last night but Wilson did not deliver him the ball when DK was open.

That’s a timing and decision thing by Wilson.

Wilson for whatever reason people want to say, he has regressed, considerably.

He is playing like a middle of the pack QB right now.

His decisions, timing and accuracy just aren’t there anymore.

With losing so many games this year in the manner that they have lost (you gotta stop blaming officiating at some point) you need to see things for the way they actually are.

And Seattle just isn’t a good team.

Who can honestly say they are with providing supporting evidence from both sides of the ball during the same game?

Seattle isn’t a good team.

Losing is sometimes necessary for fans and owners to see how bad it really is.

Changes need to be made NOW!

flv

Reaction score
I won't thank the refs for the Rams win. They spoiled an otherwise entertaining and even game with 4 or 5 'steering' calls. 2 of the calls were on failed 3rd down attempts which extended Rams drives. The last call was a blatant dpi that would have kept the game alive. This is not to say the Seahawks would have won, but they might have.

flv

Reaction score
LoyalRam":3bn1jvws said:
Dude, your killing me! Saying the refs beat you, is what losers say. How about score more than 10 points and don’t leave it up to the refs? Thanks for the laugh…
:lol: Go get 'em buddy. :stirthepot:

snackdaddy

Reaction score
LoyalRam":zkc2vi7b said:
Welshers":zkc2vi7b said:
WITH CORRECT OFFICIATING, THE SEAHAWKS ARE AT LEAST 8-6. THIS SEASON HAS BEEN STOLEN.

I will in this post give clear examples of 3 STOLEN GAMES.

The Seahawks could very easily be a winning record team right now if not for criminal officiating this season. They had just about every big call go against them. The season was stolen by the National Flag League. Multiple game-changing calls today that even the broadcast booth admitted were unforgivable. No, the Seahawks were not a very good team this year. But that doesn't mean they deserved to have games STOLEN by the corrupt NFL.

Tonight's game showed everything wrong with the National Flag League. It is becoming an unwatchable product. Who wants to see referees decide the outcome of games again and again and again?

EXAMPLES OF LEAGUE CORRUPTION:

Against LA

Tonight's game inexplicably moved from Sunday to aide the Rams.

The egregious holding against Seattle tonight which gave 7 points to the Rams.

hen the CLEAR AND OBVIOUS DPI against the Rams not called that took away points for us and put them in position for another 3.

Per the rules, we won the game (scored more legitimate points). 10-7 and we should have had two extra possessions, one of those in the red zone. GAME STOLEN

Against Washington:

Multiple scores were given to Washington and taken from Seattle. The real score was 13-11.

The referees huddled up then came out with a holding flag well after Washington had been stopped on a 3rd down play. They created a drive extending holding penalty and threw the latest flag I've ever seen.

Then a non existent roughing the passer. Even the announcers were dumb founded.

They had someone in their ear telling them to extend the drive. And of course they catch us on the smallest of technicalities that didn't even effect the play on the onside kick.

If you take away the drives extended by corrupt officiating, which led to points, Seattle won.

PER NFL Rules Seattle won this game 13-11. GAME STOLEN

Against GB:
Multiple turnovers went against Seattle. Including a clear fumble recovery by the Seahawks given to GB and a clear incompletion in the End Zone given as a interception to GB.

1. On Seattle's first drive they gave Seattle a first down, then took it back to 4th and inches without a review. Was the first time I've ever seen anything like it in decades of watching the NFL. It certainly looked like Russ had the 1st down as well.

2. Rogers fumbled at mid field and it was clearly recovered by Seattle. They gave it to the Packers and held it up on review. CRIMINAL.

3. A completely phantom holding call that takes us out of field goal range to end the 1st half. Like a literally made up call.

4. An interception in the end zone that was clearly dropped. They originally called it incomplete, then changed it to a pick on the field then held it up on replay. Sickening.

GAME STOLEN.

BY NFL RULES the Seahawks beat the Packers, Rams, and WFT. This SEASON has been STOLEN.

Dude, your killing me! Saying the refs beat you, is what losers say. How about score more than 10 points and don’t leave it up to the refs? Thanks for the laugh…

"The refs lost the game for us!" Said every fan of every team that has ever lost a game. :lol:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
LoyalRam":343gu8z8 said:
Welshers":343gu8z8 said:
WITH CORRECT OFFICIATING, THE SEAHAWKS ARE AT LEAST 8-6. THIS SEASON HAS BEEN STOLEN.

I will in this post give clear examples of 3 STOLEN GAMES.

The Seahawks could very easily be a winning record team right now if not for criminal officiating this season. They had just about every big call go against them. The season was stolen by the National Flag League. Multiple game-changing calls today that even the broadcast booth admitted were unforgivable. No, the Seahawks were not a very good team this year. But that doesn't mean they deserved to have games STOLEN by the corrupt NFL.

Tonight's game showed everything wrong with the National Flag League. It is becoming an unwatchable product. Who wants to see referees decide the outcome of games again and again and again?

EXAMPLES OF LEAGUE CORRUPTION:

Against LA

Tonight's game inexplicably moved from Sunday to aide the Rams.

The egregious holding against Seattle tonight which gave 7 points to the Rams.

hen the CLEAR AND OBVIOUS DPI against the Rams not called that took away points for us and put them in position for another 3.

Per the rules, we won the game (scored more legitimate points). 10-7 and we should have had two extra possessions, one of those in the red zone. GAME STOLEN

Against Washington:

Multiple scores were given to Washington and taken from Seattle. The real score was 13-11.

The referees huddled up then came out with a holding flag well after Washington had been stopped on a 3rd down play. They created a drive extending holding penalty and threw the latest flag I've ever seen.

Then a non existent roughing the passer. Even the announcers were dumb founded.

They had someone in their ear telling them to extend the drive. And of course they catch us on the smallest of technicalities that didn't even effect the play on the onside kick.

If you take away the drives extended by corrupt officiating, which led to points, Seattle won.

PER NFL Rules Seattle won this game 13-11. GAME STOLEN

Against GB:
Multiple turnovers went against Seattle. Including a clear fumble recovery by the Seahawks given to GB and a clear incompletion in the End Zone given as a interception to GB.

1. On Seattle's first drive they gave Seattle a first down, then took it back to 4th and inches without a review. Was the first time I've ever seen anything like it in decades of watching the NFL. It certainly looked like Russ had the 1st down as well.

2. Rogers fumbled at mid field and it was clearly recovered by Seattle. They gave it to the Packers and held it up on review. CRIMINAL.

3. A completely phantom holding call that takes us out of field goal range to end the 1st half. Like a literally made up call.

4. An interception in the end zone that was clearly dropped. They originally called it incomplete, then changed it to a pick on the field then held it up on replay. Sickening.

GAME STOLEN.

BY NFL RULES the Seahawks beat the Packers, Rams, and WFT. This SEASON has been STOLEN.

When the refs take away scoring opportunities by letting our receivers get mugged, it makes eclipsing the 10 pt mark much more difficult

Thanks for the laugh though

Speaking of laughs, sure must have been nice to have all your players back getting to play on Tuesday

But hey, keep laughing

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":10pgajjf said:
xray":10pgajjf said:
OK...on the pass interference play that should of been called for example . Lets say the Hawks got that call and finished the possession somehow with 7 pts . They still lose the game by 3 . My point is that they have many other issues that cost that game other than officiating .

Yeah, I have a friend that claims that no call cost us the game and the season. In reality, although it was a very large factor, on its own it didn't do either.

Even if we get the call, we still would have had to score a touchdown and kick the XP, something that we had only done once that game, then either manage the clock in the process of scoring the TD or keep the Rams from getting into FG range just to get the game into OT, where we haven't fared well, losing all 3 of our OT games this season. Or we could have scored a TD then made good on a 2 pt conversion, and we saw how well that worked out vs. WFT.

And even had we won last night, our odds STILL would have been very long to make the playoffs. The season wasn't lost last night. It was busted weeks, if not months, ago.

Our biggest problem during the course of the entire season can be boiled down to one word: Inconsistency. It was a problem before, during, and after Russell got injured. That drive to start the 2nd half was a masterpiece as were some of the defense we saw. But we haven't gotten it when we've needed it worse, when the game was on the line.

We are an average, borderline good team, better than our 6-9 record this season, worse than our 12-4 record from a year ago. We're mediocre.

I almost didn't watch the game... I told my wife at the very beginning of the game it was going to be an extremely poor officiated game that would determine the outcome of the game. I knew this was going to happen...

There were lots of reasons the season was poor... and the Hawks were out matched without Lockett. Pete and the rest of the team are NOT going to admit the officiating was the reason the Hawks lost, but the truth they know it and so does everyone else.

If they lose to the Rams then fine, the Rams are a great football team I don't have a problem with that, but I can NOT accept losing like this... It's just WRONG! It's against my moral compass, I will always remember this lose for what it is along with the TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT I have for the NFL... the NFL is corrupt as hell and there is no way to fix it. The sports writers won't write about it...

LTH

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I have watched many non-Seahawks games this year. We aren't the only team to get screwed by the terrible officiating. It is rampant. Terrible calls, terrible missed calls....take your pick. The league needs to do something or it's just going to get impossible to watch.

soxhawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1ll1kah6 said:
I have watched many non-Seahawks games this year. We aren't the only team to get screwed by the terrible officiating. It is rampant. Terrible calls, terrible missed calls....take your pick. The league needs to do something or it's just going to get impossible to watch.

This is the point. It's bad all around, noticeably. With legal gambling it's suspicious that tiny twitches by a RB are blatant false starts and blatant PI get overlooked on the same drive.

The bears are publicly complaining about the refs, their coach almost got ejected from the Vikings game. Pete's made statements on the refs as well.

Something needs to change and I agree it should be a full time job. At this point, the announcers and Dean blandino seem to know what's happening on the field moreso than the zebras.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Do I think the officiating played a part in this game? Absolutely without a doubt. Do I think that if a couple of calls had not been made, (no need to point them out, we all know which ones!) would the Seahawks have won this game? I don’t know. But what I do know is that what these &#!+@$$ calls did, was rob every single person watching that game of witnessing what could have been one of the best games of the year. Win or lose, a 10-10 ballgame into the 4th quarter is literally anyones game. To have it decided by not one but at least 2 very bad calls this late in a well fought game by both teams is criminal. At this point in the season with the way things have been going I don’t even care about the loss. I’m just pissed that we were robbed of what could have been a nail biting finish by either team. The Seahawks could have played better in most aspects of the game but even with the deficiencies we saw they went toe to toe with this years NFL darling into the 4th quarter until the refs decided to change it up for LA.

Pissed at the NFL not the loss.

LTH

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2ges8d4r said:
Do I think the officiating played a part in this game? Absolutely without a doubt. Do I think that if a couple of calls had not been made, (no need to point them out, we all know which ones!) would the Seahawks have won this game? I don’t know. But what I do know is that what these &#!+@$$ calls did, was rob every single person watching that game of witnessing what could have been one of the best games of the year. Win or lose, a 10-10 ballgame into the 4th quarter is literally anyones game. To have it decided by not one but at least 2 very bad calls this late in a well fought game by both teams is criminal. At this point in the season with the way things have been going I don’t even care about the loss. I’m just pissed that we were robbed of what could have been a nail biting finish by either team. The Seahawks could have played better in most aspects of the game but even with the deficiencies we saw they went toe to toe with this years NFL darling into the 4th quarter until the refs decided to change it up for LA.

It's a huge problem. People want to say the Hawks lost the game for other reasons, OK... that's always the case in poorly officiated games but no one can deny the officiating in the NFL is at an all-time LOW. It is HURTING the GAME. It's the sports writers that need to protect the game and they are NOT doing it. If nobody calls it out, then it will NEVER be fixed

LTH

OP
OP
W

Welshers

LTH":1imesgim said:
oldhawkfan":1imesgim said:

It's a huge problem. People want to say the Hawks lost the game for other reasons, OK... that's always the case in poorly officiated games but no one can deny the officiating in the NFL is at an all-time LOW. It is HURTING the GAME. It's the sports writers that need to protect the game and they are NOT doing it. If nobody calls it out, then it will NEVER be fixed

LTH
Exactly!!!

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":3p7970n0 said:

LTH":3p7970n0 said:
I almost didn't watch the game... I told my wife at the very beginning of the game it was going to be an extremely poor officiated game that would determine the outcome of the game. I knew this was going to happen...

There were lots of reasons the season was poor... and the Hawks were out matched without Lockett. Pete and the rest of the team are NOT going to admit the officiating was the reason the Hawks lost, but the truth they know it and so does everyone else.

If they lose to the Rams then fine, the Rams are a great football team I don't have a problem with that, but I can NOT accept losing like this... It's just WRONG! It's against my moral compass, I will always remember this lose for what it is along with the TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT I have for the NFL... the NFL is corrupt as hell and there is no way to fix it. The sports writers won't write about it...

LTH

Perhaps due to my age, I'm 67, I don't suffer from the same syndrome that you and many others like you do. It's not that I give up on my team, just that my attitude changes, my blood pressure lowers, and my anxiety level drops. I watched last night's game more as a fan of the game itself than I did as a diehard Seahawk fanatic. That doesn't mean that I don't get excited. I still cause the dog to jump when we score a touchdown.

I wouldn't use the term 'corrupt' to characterize the officiating. That suggests that the refs are dirty, that they are taking some sort of payoff to fix the games to favor a certain outcome. A more fitting term would be incompetent.

The PI no call on DJ Dallas was as bad of a call as I've seen this season, and it's so damn easy to correct. With the instant communications the central authority has with the refs on the field, there's no reason why someone in a booth or command center can't get in their ear and tell them either to pick up a flag or throw one. But instead, they have to try to fix it by allowing coaches to challenge a judgement penalty, which ends up getting perverted into a coach's Hail Mary.

For the life of me, I don't know why they can't have an official's conference on a play like that. It wouldn't have taken 10 seconds to figure out that they missed one.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RiverDog":135ci5tb said:
RiverDog":135ci5tb said:

LTH":135ci5tb said:

LTH

Perhaps due to my age, I'm 67, I don't suffer from the same syndrome that you and many others like you do. It's not that I give up on my team, just that my attitude changes, my blood pressure lowers, and my anxiety level drops. I watched last night's game more as a fan of the game itself than I did as a diehard Seahawk fanatic. That doesn't mean that I don't get excited. I still cause the dog to jump when we score a touchdown.

I wouldn't use the term 'corrupt' to characterize the officiating. That suggests that the refs are dirty, that they are taking some sort of payoff to fix the games to favor a certain outcome. A more fitting term would be incompetent.

The PI no call on DJ Dallas was as bad of a call as I've seen this season, and it's so damn easy to correct. With the instant communications the central authority has with the refs on the field, there's no reason why someone in a booth or command center can't get in their ear and tell them either to pick up a flag or throw one. But instead, they have to try to fix it by allowing coaches to challenge a judgement penalty, which ends up getting perverted into a coach's Hail Mary.

For the life of me, I don't know why they can't have an official's conference on a play like that. It wouldn't have taken 10 seconds to figure out that they missed one.

A great idea that never would have been implemented last night (for the same reason the Rams were allowed to move the game to Tuesday)

The NFL didnt want Seattle to win that game last night. Thinking that blown PI was incompetence is off the mark.

That was on purpose.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The officiating in games was had similar issues in the lob years but no one was crying foul because the team was good. This is the same issue every fanbase deals with when we just don’t want to acknowledge the team is not that good this year for many reasons beyond officiating. I’ll write this everywhere I go whether it’s our fans complaining on losses or opposite g fans complaining why their team lost to the hawks, Whining about corrupt refs of fixed games is just loser talk. Our team
Is a below average losing record team this year. It honestly was that the last 2 years and got overshadowed by playing teams with backup QBs and this year the team couldn’t even do it right vs Arizona.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The NFL screwed up on the entertainment side with the two blatant "steering" calls, the hold on Seattle on 3rd down, and the no-call on the DPI on DeeJay Dallas. They would have had other opportunities to guide the outcome to a Rams victory in a 17-17 game and the game would have been more entertaining.

I still never saw the motion penalty on DJ Dallas, didn't appear on replay, timing maybe. Was that one legit or not? That was a factor in killing a drive.

That said, we played the Rams better and tougher than we have in a long time. It was going to take a great game plan, a superhuman effort from the team, and a couple breaks to go our way.

I blame this loss, and the LOST season, not stolen, on poor drafts, bad trades, and missed player acquisitions. This roster is about 5-6 talented players down from where it needs to be to have a legit shot to win a divisional round playoff game. Also maybe as many as 10 talented players down from the lightning-in-a-bottle SB years. We won SB48 with two rookie OL (Bowie and Bailey) and converted DT Sweezy starting, cheap-cheap OL. The cheap-yet-effective OL allowed money to be spent on Avril, Bennett, McDaniel, Clemons, to add to our excellent draft picks on D.

Now we can't afford the free-agent difference-makers on D, screw up trades for them (Jamal Adams), screw up our draft picks for potential stars and get stiffs (LJ Collier) and don't have a RB good enough and healthy enough for the power running game we need. So our record isn't a suprise; it's a bigger surprise we somehow went 12-4 last year.

Some of the pieces are in place, but we'd have to pick up 3-4 good free agents, draft several excellent rookie contributors, have healthy breakout seasons from several redshirt or return-from-injury players, and have veterans (Bobby) continue to play at a high level and stay healthy to be a legit contender again.

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":1x92iznz said:
RiverDog":1x92iznz said:

LTH":1x92iznz said:

LTH

Everything comes to an end sooner or later... everything REALLY COOL is at some point corrupted by human nature and made flipping lame... I don't believe it was one they just missed... It wasn't the only bad call there were at least 2-3 more and it has happened in a bunch of games to the Hawks this season. It hurts losing to the Rams but I am one that can deal with the loss because I enjoy football and I respect the Rams and McVay but this is far beyond that I can't deal with cheating and in my mind that's what it is... they fire Carroll and I'm done...

ivotuk

Reaction score
The st00pid Taunting calls!!

I'd love to see a breakdown of which teams got called for Taunting, and how many times!

Legacy teams, probably not so much...

Latest posts