A strange, strange feeling.

Shock2k

Reaction score
So at first I thought maybe I was coming down with something, maybe some late summer allergies. Turns out it was confidence in all aspects of the team. Wasn't really concerned with the defense (losses or changes) wasn't really concerned with the offense (though hell, how much they used Percy... didn't see that coming).

Wasn't really worried about the running game or whether Beast Mode was going to lose a step (but holy crap, I didn't expect him to look that damn good). Mike Rob said in an interview before the game the Marshawn was angry and would probably run for 100 yards and a couple touchdowns... well nice job Mike rob, nailed it on the head.

When Green Bay scored that first touchdown, and this is a first as a fan for 32 years, I wasn't in the least bit concerned. More like, yawn, whatever, here comes Russell.

Not sure what to do with this new found confidence. I'm going to just have to come to terms with it. This must be how Patriots fans feel.

On another note.

1) Brilliant that Green Bay decided to put Boykin (WR3) on Sherman, and thereby completely bypassed him all game. Is this going to be the birth of Sherman tailing the #1's across the line? (He's done it before with Crabtree last year and it worked out really well. Don't believe that Sherman is a one trick pony)
2) On the same note, pretty smart putting Cobb and Jordan in the slot the whole game. Considering you have Sherm and Maxwell, arguably two pro bowlers this year, it seems so simple now to take two of them out and focus on left middle passing.
3) Jeremy Lane was doing some great tackling, but let's be honest, got beat a couple times.
4) On the same note, who the heck is Marcus Burley?! I mean I paid really close attention to the pre-season and never saw this guys name.
5) I feel folks may get down on Britt, but besides 2 or 3 snaps, he had a really good game against an older Peppers.

I feel like this is a dream how good the team looked today against a really good QB with all his weapons and the Offensive Rookie of the year. Somebody pinch me, I'm in football heaven.

dusktreader

Reaction score
Shock2k":1p7nss02 said:
who the heck is Marcus Burley?!

We traded a 6th round pick to the Colts for him earlier this week. He was an emergency acquisition because Simon is injured right now, I think. He looked lost, but he may get more up to speed with this defense as the year goes on.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I was more pissed at the 2nd TD, we went into a soft zone and let GB waltz down the field.

Burley looked pretty good for a guy that we just picked up last week. He got beat a couple of times but he also made a couple of plays.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I have a feeling this year is going to be kind of boring. If this team can beat a supposed contender by 20 when they don't even play very well, just imagine what they'll do to non contending teams. This is going to be the most boring undefeated season EVAR...

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
rideaducati":2h7go5yn said:
I have a feeling this year is going to be kind of boring. If this team can beat a supposed contender by 20 when they don't even play very well, just imagine what they'll do to non contending teams. This is going to be the most boring undefeated season EVAR...

Maybe that's it, maybe I felt like a 20 point blow out was more on the expected side. I actually would be OK with an "easier" season then last year. Last year was stressful game after stressful game.

Though we are supposed to have the 4th hardest strength of schedule this year. But based on what I saw to night. I feel it may not matter.

Especially with Docket out of Arizona and all the 49ers defensive personnel losses.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
This is just how I envisioned it. Green Bay has no defense. They didn't upgrade what was a bottom of the barrel defense. For a change, we don't face a slew of top 10 defenses this year. We should easily start 7-1 or 8-0. Originally, I thought the second half looked absolutely brutal, but now it's looking like we could walk through it. The NFC West won't be as strong a division this year. I'm upgrading my prediction from 11-5 to 13-3.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawks46":3adpg0rh said:
I was more pissed at the 2nd TD, we went into a soft zone and let GB waltz down the field.

Burley looked pretty good for a guy that we just picked up last week. He got beat a couple of times but he also made a couple of plays.

Agree. I didnt think he looked that bad considering he just got picked up.

chris98251

Reaction score
He probably doesn't even know or have the coverage calls yet and was being pointed to take spots and just play on instinct.

Uthawk

Reaction score
The strange feeling for me was winning by that much, and still feeling like we could have played a much better game. Even Wilson talked about the 3rd quarter and improvements needed

Mick063

Reaction score
I know people miss Robinson but my Gawd........Coleman.

He was just blasting linebackers in the run game.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Shock2k":371ouwh6 said:
1) Brilliant that Green Bay decided to put Boykin (WR3) on Sherman, and thereby completely bypassed him all game. Is this going to be the birth of Sherman tailing the #1's across the line? (He's done it before with Crabtree last year and it worked out really well. Don't believe that Sherman is a one trick pony)

not sure but not having to worry about half the field is pretty cool too.

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
Smellyman":3uf2yw7h said:
Shock2k":3uf2yw7h said:

not sure but not having to worry about half the field is pretty cool too.

It's a fair point you make. I would balance it with is it more of an advantage to take away the #1 receiver or half the field. Half the field is probably better, but in a lot of teams the #1 receiver is half the field.

I'm not sure though, you got me thinking.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawks46":2zg8nfgz said:

We made them use five plus minutes on a drive. We were up two scores after that with 8-9 minutes left. Who cares if they scored. The goal was achieved.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Shock2k":zdd07fc5 said:
A guy named Matt Miller tweeted the following, and I thought it was quite apt:

"The Seahawks do not care if you think Sherman is elite. They care that he eliminates his side of the field."

The Packers didn't bypass Sherman - they allowed him to control an entire half of the field. Anytime your defense dictates what their offense can do, you win.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
KiwiHawk":3sfz0j8b said:
Shock2k":3sfz0j8b said:
A guy named Matt Miller tweeted the following, and I thought it was quite apt:

"The Seahawks do not care if you think Sherman is elite. They care that he eliminates his side of the field."

The Packers didn't bypass Sherman - they allowed him to control an entire half of the field. Anytime your defense dictates what their offense can do, you win.

Yep. Ask anyone if they'd rather be known for covering the #1 receiver on the field or be responsible for shutting down an entire half of a football field, guess which one they'd pick.

And yea, this was a weird one. I mean, I spent three quarters of the game sweatin' and clenchin' as per my normal Seahawks fan routine watching the game, but in the back of my mind, I knew we were gonna pull this one out without a lot of extra sweat and tears.

This season's gonna be special, folks!

Latest posts