A thought just occured.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I don't get many, and I apologize if a prior thread on this subject was ever mentioned but...

With the team we have right now, if you could somehow install any prior Seahawk QB as our starter now, who would you select?
Realize that Jimmy Z would be playing on a much superior team than he ever had. Dave Kreig had 2 really good teams, Hass had 1 really good team.

Who would you pick and in what order?
I will start. Let's say the QB is just beginning to go into the early years of his prime.

Russell
Jimmy
Hass
Kreig

I realize this topic is more for the long time fans.

McGruff

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but. Think Rick Mirer was ahead of his time and would look good playing behind Russell.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
McGruff":3799iw70 said:
Call me crazy, but. Think Rick Mirer was ahead of his time and would look good playing behind Russell.
It takes balls the size of my balls to say something like that McGruff. Well played.

I'd stick with Russell. Kids got Xtreme Moxy

kearly

Reaction score
Russell Wilson - An icon in the making.

Matt Hasselbeck - Briefly an elite QB with surprising mobility.
Jim Zorn - Scrambling ability gives him the edge over Krieg for the current offense.
Dave Krieg - A bit better than Zorn as a passer, but not as mobile and Pete would hate the fumbles.
Warren Moon - In his prime he'd be #2. But the old, Seahawk version places here.
T-Jack - Would work pretty well in the current offense.
John Friesz - Inconsistent, but pretty good when he was "on." I was a little sad to see him go.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
John Kitna is about the only former Seahawks quarterback I would like to see in there prime.

Sac

Reaction score
In their prime, every other QB the Seahawks have ever had would only be good enough to be Russell Wilson's backup.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Surprised to see nobody mentioned Dilfer. He would shred opposing defenses with his sleek sidestep and fundamentally sound mechanics.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":22um8qrm said:
Warren Moon
That is interesting right there. Moonman would tear the turf of the concrete with this squad

Throwdown

Reaction score
I was gonna ask if I hafta, then Warren Moon's name popped up, thats the one I choose.

Ruminator

Reaction score
I just really enjoyed watching the determined and focused version of Krieg. He had that tenacious look on his face during snap counts, almost scowling at defenders and looking left and right at his line, barking orders like a drill sergeant. This version of Krieg flat out made plays and it would be fun to see again.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":2w0bj2rd said:
Surprised to see nobody mentioned Dilfer. He would shred opposing defenses with his sleek sidestep and fundamentally sound mechanics.

I really hope your joking. I watched Dilfer for 4+ years struggle to do anything right with the Tampa Bay Bucaneers. He had one of the best defenses in NFL history and also had a dynamic running attach with Warrick Dunn and Mike Alstot and yet never threw for more than 2,900 yards and never hit the 60% completion mark. He never had a YPA over 7.0 as a starter. He was the very definition of average. I mean when Brad Johnson is a serious upgrade over the previous guy, than there's a problem.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3jm08j5e said:
Hawk Finn":3jm08j5e said:

I really hope your joking. I watched Dilfer for 4+ years struggle to do anything right with the Tampa Bay Bucaneers. He had one of the best defenses in NFL history and also had a dynamic running attach with Warrick Dunn and Mike Alstot and yet never threw for more than 2,900 yards and never hit the 60% completion mark. He never had a YPA over 7.0 as a starter. He was the very definition of average. I mean when Brad Johnson is a serious upgrade over the previous guy, than there's a problem.

I always laud one's "sleek sidestep" when serious, if that helps.

A

Anonymous

ClumsyLurk":35ycawxk said:
Hawknballs":35ycawxk said:
Warren Moon
That is interesting right there. Moonman would tear the turf of the concrete with this squad

I am HH82, and I approve (and agree wholeheartedly with) the above offerings.

Moon had an arm of gold. Dude threw such a pretty ball. I read an article once (can't remember where) in which a defensive player commented that a few balls thrown by Moon sailed over his head, and just above his reach, on the way to completions. The whizzing sound the ball made in flight was louder and more distinct than other QB's he defended against.

A true pocket passer that excelled in the run-and-shoot style, Moon would get a few sacks here and there with out O-line on duty, but all the other plays would be spectacular.

Latest posts