A Win That Wins No Respect - great read!

tom sawyer

Reaction score
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/9/15/ ... awks-recap

The Rams won because they were more prepared and their defense was shutting down the Seahawks run game and allowing nothing over the top. The Rams made plays on offense, but Chancellor and his presence would not have made a difference. Richard Sherman, aka the best in the league, was beaten multiple times...

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Our defense was horrendous. We gave up 34 points. We were really bad defending long balls. End of story.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I feel their pain. I remember growing up, that whenever the Seahawks would beat one of the league's elite, the media would run with the "what team X did wrong to get the L" rather than giving the Seahawks any shred of credit for their part in the upset. It used to drive me nuts when I was younger, then I started to just not give a crap about the media anymore, so I didn't.

Who cares about getting respect from the journalists? They're just there to spin stories.

From being at the game, I'll say this. My hat goes off to Fisher and the Rams for the game they played. They WERE more prepared and they WERE the better team, on that day. The crowd was into it all game long, too, and although it wasn't anywhere near close to being a sellout, the people that were there gave it all they had. Add in the fact that there weren't any cheapshots, and I have to say that I gained a whole lot of respect for the city of St. Louis and the Rams. They're going through some hard times but they're tough people and they continue to fight. It's not easy knowing that you're favorite football team might be playing it's last few games that you'll get to attend in person. I know that most people here can relate because of the Seattle Supersonics experience.

I gotta say though, to get back on track, never thought I'd see the day where the Seahawks would be the team that the media focuses on after every game, no matter whether they win or they lose. I kinda hate that, actually, now that I think about it. We lost for more reasons than Kam Chancellor, as the author of this piece states. Would he have helped? Possibly, I might even give you probably, but it didn't happen that way. Forget living the dream, live the reality. The Rams came to kick some ass and win a football game and they accomplished both of their missions. Hats off to them, their coaching staff, and their fans.

Rex

Reaction score
NYCoug":zdtguda9 said:
I feel their pain. I remember growing up, that whenever the Seahawks would beat one of the league's elite, the media would run with the "what team X did wrong to get the L" rather than giving the Seahawks any shred of credit for their part in the upset. It used to drive me nuts when I was younger, then I started to just not give a crap about the media anymore, so I didn't.

Who cares about getting respect from the journalists? They're just there to spin stories.

From being at the game, I'll say this. My hat goes off to Fisher and the Rams for the game they played. They WERE more prepared and they WERE the better team, on that day. The crowd was into it all game long, too, and although it wasn't anywhere near close to being a sellout, the people that were there gave it all they had. Add in the fact that there weren't any cheapshots, and I have to say that I gained a whole lot of respect for the city of St. Louis and the Rams. They're going through some hard times but they're tough people and they continue to fight. It's not easy knowing that you're favorite football team might be playing it's last few games that you'll get to attend in person. I know that most people here can relate because of the Seattle Supersonics experience.

I gotta say though, to get back on track, never thought I'd see the day where the Seahawks would be the team that the media focuses on after every game, no matter whether they win or they lose. I kinda hate that, actually, now that I think about it. We lost for more reasons than Kam Chancellor, as the author of this piece states. Would he have helped? Possibly, I might even give you probably, but it didn't happen that way. Forget living the dream, live the reality. The Rams came to kick some ass and win a football game and they accomplished both of their missions. Hats off to them, their coaching staff, and their fans.

Thank you. Much respect. :th2thumbs:

Rex

Reaction score
NYCoug":q2a2c2f4 said:

Thank you. Much respect. :th2thumbs:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
tom sawyer":zdeqfi3x said:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/9/15/9334281/st-louis-rams-seattle-seahawks-recap

The Rams won because they were more prepared and their defense was shutting down the Seahawks run game and allowing nothing over the top. The Rams made plays on offense, but Chancellor and his presence would not have made a difference. Richard Sherman, aka the best in the league, was beaten multiple times...

Respect, waah waa waah. They would fit in great here, with the "everybody hates us" crowd.

They won the first game of the year, good for them. lots more to go.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Tough to sit there and say Kam being there wouldn't have made a difference? We let in over 150 yards to the TE position which Kam normally covers including a ISO coverage to his replacement which he falls down on 3rd and 5.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I believe Kam could've made a difference... but I still think that game was all Rams. Seems like nothing was working as good as it should have. Kam is not a guaranteed ticket to winning games, but he sure does close up a large margin for error.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":3tbatpr2 said:
I believe Kam could've made a difference... but I still think that game was all Rams. Seems like nothing was working as good as it should have. Kam is not a guaranteed ticket to winning games, but he sure does close up a large margin for error.
When I said that "If Kam Were Playing, It Wouldn't Have Guaranteed a Win", that is true, but when you consider the Seahawks Secondary cover scheme, Bailey was in no way filling the void that was left by Kam Chancellor.
Would Kam have made a difference?, would Sherman been able to defend his usual area of expertise?, would Earl Thomas have felt better knowing that he wouldn't have had to concern himself having to do a double duty?
Rams got the win, but through all the Media blustering, they were only a 3 point "Better Team" last Sunday.

kearly

Reaction score
The Rams deserve a lot of respect for that win. They beat Seattle straight up despite losing the turnover battle 3-1 and their top two RBs. And they never needed to reach into Fisher's bag of tricks. They looked like a 10 or 11 win team in that game.

This is different from all the previous losses to the Rams where they had to get tricky and lucky to win.

Even if Bailey hadn't slipped and Seattle had won, the Rams would have good reason to hold their heads high after the game.

I guess the question is, are these Rams for real? They have a history of extremely uneven performances week to week. When they play their best football, they dominate and even beat SB contending teams. While still finishing 6-10 or 7-9 because they are awful more than half the time they take the field.

Rex

Reaction score
kearly":eh0kucyd said:
The Rams deserve a lot of respect for that win. They beat Seattle straight up despite losing the turnover battle 3-1 and their top two RBs. And they never needed to reach into Fisher's bag of tricks. They looked like a 10 or 11 win team in that game.

This is different from all the previous losses to the Rams where they had to get tricky and lucky to win.

Even if Bailey hadn't slipped and Seattle had won, the Rams would have good reason to hold their heads high after the game.

I guess the question is, are these Rams for real? They have a history of extremely uneven performances week to week. When they play their best football, they dominate and even beat SB contending teams. While still finishing 6-10 or 7-9 because they are awful more than half the time they take the field.

If Foles stays healthy the Rams are an 11-5 team even with the crappy O line and missing Gurley for 4-8 games. When the O line begins to gel and Quick returns watch out.

elmgrovegnome

Reaction score
If Cam were there. blah blah blah. The Rams fans can say, if Tre Mason were there, Pead never gets to fumble that ball, and Cunningham would have gotten fewer carries and Mason would have had longer runs.

The if game is silly. Coaches and GMs make decisions. Similar to making decisions in the offseason about who to draft or who to release. Right now Cam is not playing. Not redoing his contract is the coaches and GMs decision. That is how a team works. The Rams said that Mason probably could have played but they wanted to be safe. That is factored into the entire team.

If you say that you would have win if Cam was in the game then you might as well say we would have won if Randy Moss and Brett Favre were in the game too.........because Cam, Randy and Brett weren't in the game.

elmgrovegnome

Reaction score
As the media goes. I barely listen to them anymore. There certainly seems like there is a hatred for the Rams from Chris Berman. Even when the Rams were winning that show was criticizing them. They were always laughing at Martz.

Berman is a 49er Homer all the way and he doesn't hide it. I haven't listened to him in a long time so I don't know if he talks up San Fran and downplays Seattle like he does with the Rams.

NFL Network is different though. They are a bit more balanced and try to stay unbiased. But we all know that until a team puts a few good playoff years together or has a 'League Best' player they don't get a lot of respect. It's just how it is.

olyfan63

Reaction score
As tough as the Rams play us, it's shocking how they get beaten by other teams it seems they should be better than.

The Rams I saw on Sunday looked like a playoff team. Maybe we made them look that way; only time will tell. Foles looks like the real deal and just right for what they need. No idea why Philly traded him for Bradford. Guess we'll see how Bradford does in Philly.