Aaron Rodgers Demanded Out...

W

Welshers

He even held out and refused to report for a while. And what happened? They didn't let him go, and this season they have the best record in the NFL and a first round bye. My point? My point is that the Seahawks have all the cards here. Everyone is talking like Russ is already gone. But the fact is, he's under contract. Seattle has the right to tell him he has to either play or sit out. If it comes to this he will play. Just like Rodgers did.

If I am Seattle I do not give up Russel for anything less than an absolutely premium trade. The guy is getting millions of dollars. If it's best for the team, make him honor his contract that he signed. Russ being gone is not anywhere near the done deal people are making it out to be. I believe this team next year could be similar to the Packers this year. Bring back their QB who may want out and have a great season. We know Russ will play his heart out no matter what. Lots of cap space. Get a kicker. Win games.

chris98251

Reaction score
Welshers":3soargzc said:
He even held out and refused to report for a while. And what happened? They didn't let him go, and this season they have the best record in the NFL and a first round bye. My point? My point is that the Seahawks have all the cards here. Everyone is talking like Russ is already gone. But the fact is, he's under contract. Seattle has the right to tell him he has to either play or sit out. If it comes to this he will play. Just like Rodgers did.

If I am Seattle I do not give up Russel for anything less than an absolutely premium trade. The guy is getting millions of dollars. Make him honor his contract that he signed. Russ being gone is not anywhere near the done deal people are making it out to be...

Team can have the Cards but if you have a Royal flush and everyone else folds what's it really worth......

OP
OP
W

Welshers

chris98251":143z64ph said:
Welshers":143z64ph said:

If I am Seattle I do not give up Russel for anything less than an absolutely premium trade. The guy is getting millions of dollars. Make him honor his contract that he signed. Russ being gone is not anywhere near the done deal people are making it out to be...

Team can have the Cards but if you have a Royal flush and everyone else folds what's it really worth......
Not sure I follow? The point is Russel can't force his way out. He's under contract. People seem to like ignoring this fact.

chris98251

Reaction score
Welshers":2n5gzv61 said:
chris98251":2n5gzv61 said:
Welshers":2n5gzv61 said:

Not sure I follow? The point is Russel can't force his way out. He's under contract. People seem to like ignoring this fact.

Yes he can, contracts be damned if the player isn't happy and the locker room divides, the team is better off trading him rather than have a season tanked and losing more players in wanting out because of disfunction. Then add media pressure which Wilson has the upper hand on based on last season as well. Wilson is good at it as in painting the Organization and other reasons as to the failures he has experienced.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

chris98251":15sq98dn said:
Welshers":15sq98dn said:
chris98251":15sq98dn said:
Welshers":15sq98dn said:

Yes he can, contracts be damned if the player isn't happy and the locker room divides, the team is better off trading him rather than have a season tanked and losing more players in wanting out because of disfunction. Then add media pressure which Wilson has the upper hand on based on last season as well. Wilson is good at it as in painting the Organization and other reasons as to the failures he has experienced.
Right but Rodgers just did the exact same thing and it didn't work out for him?

chris98251

Reaction score
Welshers":1gsjnm5a said:
chris98251":1gsjnm5a said:
Welshers":1gsjnm5a said:
chris98251":1gsjnm5a said:

No he didn't leave, but they sure went after a lot of things he wanted to keep him happy this year.

toffee

Reaction score
Welshers":30vtujwf said:
chris98251":30vtujwf said:
Welshers":30vtujwf said:
chris98251":30vtujwf said:

Sulky Rodgers ain't the media darling like our Russ, even the commissioner asked for his audience during the superbowl, didn't you see how happy Goodell was sitting next to Mr. and Mrs. Wilson? Like a groupie finally meeting the star.

Rodgers is nothing but an one man army. Our QB has team Russell, he is a media darling with talking heads broadcasting on his behalf. Even on dot net, one couldn't critique Russ without getting hit by long essays from members of team Russell.

You can't compare Rodgers to our Russ.

xray

Reaction score
You are correct about ' no comparison '. Rodgers has 3 MVPs and about to.get a 4th , and has his 3rd 13 win season in a row. He also has 3 1st team all pro selections . Wilson has a long way to go to match Rodgers . I'm not a Rodgers fan , but he is money most of the time for a long time . IMO

Tokadub

Reaction score
Welshers":3t0112fb said:

If I am Seattle I do not give up Russel for anything less than an absolutely premium trade. The guy is getting millions of dollars. If it's best for the team, make him honor his contract that he signed. Russ being gone is not anywhere near the done deal people are making it out to be. I believe this team next year could be similar to the Packers this year. Bring back their QB who may want out and have a great season. We know Russ will play his heart out no matter what. Lots of cap space. Get a kicker. Win games.

You are comparing maybe the league MVP (Rodgers) with a below average this season QB (Wilson)... /next

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Rodgers found issues with his coach and got him fired. Results - two back to back conference finals and now a #1 seed in the post season. Russ needs to do the same.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The only problem with your analogy is that all of that drama in Green Bay began under Mike McCarthy.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Different players, but also certainly different people.

For better or worse, Russ seems hypersensitive about his perception.

Rodgers has a IDGAF attitude.

I can't see Russ openly challenging management with the same candor and rigor, he'd be too worried how it might play out in the press and social media.

I personally can't see Russ ever holding out, but I do know the status quo doesn't seem to be working.

schkoot

Reaction score
I'm not one to pick fights here. But it's worth mentioning as a point of order that (outside of the 1st seed) the Packers haven't actually won anything yet. They could win it all or flame out.

It will be an interesting thread to follow as the playoffs unfold. Especially if there is a MM vs AR showdown.

getnasty

Reaction score
schkoot":177v3jko said:
I'm not one to pick fights here. But it's worth mentioning as a point of order that (outside of the 1st seed) the Packers haven't actually won anything yet. They could win it all or flame out.

It will be an interesting thread to follow as the playoffs unfold. Especially if there is a MM vs AR showdown.

I honestly hope they lose to Dallas. I hate Rodgers more then anyone and wouldn't mind seeing McCarthy beat him.

getnasty

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3uffcsbw said:
Rodgers found issues with his coach and got him fired. Results - two back to back conference finals and now a #1 seed in the post season. Russ needs to do the same.

New coach botched a decision in the Championship game last year that cost them the game and still hasn't brought any titles to GB let alone an appearance in the SB.

getnasty

Reaction score
chris98251":5dvxgdv7 said:
Welshers":5dvxgdv7 said:
chris98251":5dvxgdv7 said:
Welshers":5dvxgdv7 said:

No he didn't leave, but they sure went after a lot of things he wanted to keep him happy this year.

Outside of Randall Cobb what did he get?

RiverDog

Reaction score
getnasty":26s1561h said:
chris98251":26s1561h said:
Welshers":26s1561h said:
chris98251":26s1561h said:

Outside of Randall Cobb what did he get?

Maybe a huge PR hit when they didn't require him to follow the Covid protocols?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
getnasty":3e3ay4n3 said:
pittpnthrs":3e3ay4n3 said:

New coach botched a decision in the Championship game last year that cost them the game and still hasn't brought any titles to GB let alone an appearance in the SB.

Still getting a lot closer than Seattle and their dinosaur of a coach.

getnasty

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":by0v1t5t said:
getnasty":by0v1t5t said:
pittpnthrs":by0v1t5t said:

Still getting a lot closer than Seattle and their dinosaur of a coach.

Your point is that firing McCarthy has brought them more sucess and maybe it has but McCarthy was pretty good in season's were Rodgers was healthy too. Lafleur looked pretty much lost in the game Rodgers missed this year too.

Tokadub

Reaction score
getnasty":1rz6szbc said:
schkoot":1rz6szbc said:

I honestly hope they lose to Dallas. I hate Rodgers more then anyone and wouldn't mind seeing McCarthy beat him.

Hmm, I think I'd like to see Rodgers beat the Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, or Buccaneers...

But I'd like to see him lose in the Super Bowl.

It's weird the Seahawks aren't even in the mix...