About UW's best win...

OP
OP
dutchcoug

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Mr.Crayola":18sb5oq6 said:
The best team UW faces could still be ahead of it. Arizona State is 5-1, Utah is darn impressive, and USC has an amount of talent that rivals any team. WSU has bad losses and good wins, they are a funky team (as always it seems with Leach) that can show up or lay an egg. UW does not have the most impressive schedule, but if they can have another impressive win against one of these three and win out, I think they are in the Playoff. Rose Bowl isn't exactly a horrible consolation prize either.

Bad losses (plural)? We lost to the 15th ranked team by 3, on the road. I get losing to EWU, but they're no pushover either, their only loss was to North Dakota St and are ranked 5 in the FCS poll. A bad loss would be losing to Arizona, which UW almost did.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
dutchcoug":tbklpaiu said:
Mr.Crayola":tbklpaiu said:
The best team UW faces could still be ahead of it. Arizona State is 5-1, Utah is darn impressive, and USC has an amount of talent that rivals any team. WSU has bad losses and good wins, they are a funky team (as always it seems with Leach) that can show up or lay an egg. UW does not have the most impressive schedule, but if they can have another impressive win against one of these three and win out, I think they are in the Playoff. Rose Bowl isn't exactly a horrible consolation prize either.

Bad losses (plural)? We lost to the 15th ranked team by 3, on the road. I get losing to EWU, but they're no pushover either, their only loss was to North Dakota St and are ranked 5 in the FCS poll. A bad loss would be losing to Arizona, which UW almost did.
I'm a Cougs first, Dawgs second kind of guy but you're reaching. Not that EWU isn't good, but Wazzu had no business losing to them or Port. St. last year.

OP
OP
dutchcoug

dutchcoug

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2wbr9coe said:
dutchcoug":2wbr9coe said:
Mr.Crayola":2wbr9coe said:

I'm a Cougs first, Dawgs second kind of guy but you're reaching. Not that EWU isn't good, but Wazzu had no business losing to them or Port. St. last year.

Do you start every post with that Coug first Dawg second stuff? Either way, read what I wrote. I'm pointing out that he called the BSU game a bad loss. EWU is a bad loss but not a terrible one, much better than losing to Portland St.

BTW I know hundreds of Coug fans and none of them can remotely stomach the mutts.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
By the crappy tone of your post you likely won't care, here's the reason I root for both schools.........born and raised in Spokane during a time when the Cougs played one home game a year at crappy Joe Albi Stadium so naturally rooted for them growing up. Also lived in the Seattle area for 7 years in the 80s and now in Vancouver, WA for the last 14+ years so Western WA resident for 1/3 of my life. Graduated from Seattle University so no educational affiliation.

As a Washington state native and resident of the 'dry side' for 22 years and the 'wet side' for 21 years I'm proud when either school does well. I root first of all for the Cougs unless a UW win means something big like a Rose Bowl berth or like maybe this year a shot at the final four.