Absolutely love what's going on!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
kearly":3fy35z9i said:
Appreciate the positivity, I'm with you 99%.

My only disappointment is that I didn't like seeing Breno leave on the 4/18 deal he got from the Jets, one that is basically a 2/7 contract and pays him close to nothing in 2014. It would be one thing if we were ready to replace him, but if we are, we haven't seen evidence of it yet (Bowie was awful in pass pro). I would love to have Breno around on a 2/7 type deal, especially after the strides he made last season.

Losing Tate was more than sentimentality, it was a kick to the nuts and he will require the expenditure of a high pick to replace adequately because he was a very good player, much better than his counting stats that are deflated by our run-first identity. In 2012, Tate was as productive per target as Calvin Johnson was during his record breaking year. We have to make sacrifices somewhere, a lot of people predicted this after the Harvin trade last year. It sucks, but I've been preparing for this for a long time and I trust our FO with smaller WRs. I do think Detroit got a huge steal though. Book Tate for 1000+ yards and a good many TDs next season in that extreme passing offense, indoors, on turf, while living in Calvin Johnson's shadow.

ignore.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Breno was an average lineman at best. I'm not sure why everyone was so terribly disappointed he left, you can find average lineman in the draft, no need to keep someone like that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":hxtybe03 said:
Appreciate the positivity, I'm with you 99%.

My only disappointment is that I didn't like seeing Breno leave on the 4/18 deal he got from the Jets, one that is basically a 2/7 contract and pays him close to nothing in 2014. It would be one thing if we were ready to replace him, but if we are, we haven't seen evidence of it yet (Bowie was awful in pass pro). I would love to have Breno around on a 2/7 type deal, especially after the strides he made last season.

Losing Tate was more than sentimentality, it was a kick to the nuts and he will require the expenditure of a high pick to replace adequately because he was a very good player, much better than his counting stats that are deflated by our run-first identity. In 2012, Tate was as productive per target as Calvin Johnson was during his record breaking year. We have to make sacrifices somewhere, a lot of people predicted this after the Harvin trade last year. It sucks, but I've been preparing for this for a long time and I trust our FO with smaller WRs. I do think Detroit got a huge steal though. Book Tate for 1000+ yards and a good many TDs next season in that extreme passing offense, indoors, on turf, while living in Calvin Johnson's shadow.
I know you like Tate but comes on. We are already going to draft a WR high and given his subpar route running it's very possible he won't be a good option for a dropback quarterback like Stafford.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I like Tate a lot. I think that our front office is committed to Percy Harvin being healthy and I think they want to add a big receiver. There is still an outside chance we will have a shot at OBJ in the draft. I would be happy if we traded up to get Mike Evans, personally, but that's a pipe dream. I think that it is kind of obvious that the Seahawks front office had a clear idea of what kind of salary Tate deserved and they would not over pay for him.

I love Breno. I like his nasty attitude. I would have loved to see him stay. I don't totally understand why we didn't give him what the Jets did. They obviously think we have a replacement for him, or can get one in the draft.

All of that being said, when this off season started, I felt we were perfectly set up for it. What I mean is, we could look at each free agent we had and the veteran players (like Red, Clem, and Rice) and we could make a great decision about whether we valued those players or felt we could upgrade. I don't see any moves made out of desperation.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Largent80":soi2f780 said:
I'm with the OP. Denver has spent 35 million on just 3 players, ahhhh 35 the amount of points we beat them by.

Tate took 2 years to "get it", he finally did and became a solid WR/ST player. We cannot replace that for this coming year with a draft pick.

Breno was playing solid and that one is a head scratcher.

I think Wilson arriving had at least as much (and likely more) to do with Tate "getting it" as the previous two years experience. And even with that, he was way too feast or famine for my taste. I also think Detroit will get value out of that contract where Seattle wouldn't of.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Appleegg1":3mfi1z0x said:
I love the way this is going.

- resigned Bennett at a great price.
- resigned McDaniel at a great price.
- cut players on the obvious downside of their careers and got valuable cap relief.
- didn't resign anybody based on sentimentality. (Tate and Giacomini)
- didn't overpay anyone in the rush of signings at the beginning of free agency.
- super happy to see the guys we lost to free agency sign elsewhere for large salaries that quite frankly leave me scratching my head. I'm happy for them all and happy for their good-fortune!
- love the way they all left with great words and feelings for the city, the fans, the organization and the other team mates

I will continue to feel great if we-

- are able to sign Sidney on the cheap
- able to redo Zach miller contract and retain him
- able to add Jared Allen at a reasonable rate
- draft a beast offensive guard and big receiver.
- able to resign Earl, Sherman, and both Russell's.

I would then feel quite comfortable about our teams elite status for at least 4 or 5 more years.

Thats all great but how are we going to be elite if our franchise QB is crushed because we have not done anything to improve what was the worst pass blocking o-line in the league and not only nothing to improve it, but we have lost depth.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":3vq2aq5a said:
Appleegg1":3vq2aq5a said:
I love the way this is going.

- resigned Bennett at a great price.
- resigned McDaniel at a great price.
- cut players on the obvious downside of their careers and got valuable cap relief.
- didn't resign anybody based on sentimentality. (Tate and Giacomini)
- didn't overpay anyone in the rush of signings at the beginning of free agency.
- super happy to see the guys we lost to free agency sign elsewhere for large salaries that quite frankly leave me scratching my head. I'm happy for them all and happy for their good-fortune!
- love the way they all left with great words and feelings for the city, the fans, the organization and the other team mates

I will continue to feel great if we-

- are able to sign Sidney on the cheap
- able to redo Zach miller contract and retain him
- able to add Jared Allen at a reasonable rate
- draft a beast offensive guard and big receiver.
- able to resign Earl, Sherman, and both Russell's.

I would then feel quite comfortable about our teams elite status for at least 4 or 5 more years.

Thats all great but how are we going to be elite if our franchise QB is crushed because we have not done anything to improve what was the worst pass blocking o-line in the league and not only nothing to improve it, but we have lost depth.

Off season is still young my friend. Don't forget to breathe.....

tubbs51

Reaction score
Losing Tate will hurt the most but i think we'll do just fine with out Tate.

When it comes to the offensive line, i'm comfortable having younger guys step up and get more field time like Bowie and Bailey. Both did damn good last year as the year went on in the little time they did play. Dont forget we have an Offensive Line guru in Tom Cable and if Breno was more needed then the hawks wouldve made an attempt to keep him. Simple as that.

OP
OP
A

Appleegg1

Reaction score
Tate- kearse, Tate and Baldwin, can't afford to re-up all three. Tate's price being the dearest to retain. With Harvin, we simply cannot spend that much on the position group as a whole. Besides, we can't continue to line up all sub 6foot receivers. Tate had 8 catches in the playoffs, non-factor. Baldwin, harvin and kearse- factors. I loved Tate's blocking, return game and especially liked his durability. However, simply put, DO THE MATH.

Red and Clem- love em both, but let's face it, their production spoke for themselves, they are not good enough any longer to be full time starters on this team....most certainly not at their prices. The fact that the hawks didn't even ask Red to redo his deal points this out.

Breno- excuse me, but pass blocking was his weakness. How long will his knees hold up? Love the personality and his toughness, but I like big shiny trophies more. I trust that the coaches know what they got in Bowie and Bailey, and at about 1/10th the salary, it makes sense. Again, As for the position group, you just can't have the your third highest price in the group make that much. DO THE MATH

Sit down with a pad and a pencil and do some math, all the while keeping in mind what's up around the bend.....Earl, Sherman and the 2 Russels. Understand the cap, and you will then applaud what this front office is doing right now.