Adams to come off pup list

pmedic920

Reaction score
Geez, getting a little snarky, my friend? All I'm doing is asking you not to speak for me as I am most certainly a Seahawk fan and I definitely have concerns about Adams besides his health. And yes, it may not have been meant to be taken literally, but in the absence of visual ques like facial expressions and tone of voice, should we not strive to be as verbally accurate as possible in our musings so we can to avoid such misunderstandings?

As far as your comments about optimism vs. pessimism, I normally come down in the latter category. I got so tired of hearing all these glowing reports from beat reporters and head coaches (gawd, remember all the hype about Christine Michael?) only to have to suffer a major letdown when the on-field performance of players and teams failed to match the preseason hype. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by an unexpected occurrence even if it comes at the expense of my being wrong in my assumptions, so I lower my expectation bar. It doesn't mean that I'm any less of a fan, just that I don't embrace the same cheerleader fan boy attitude as some. That's not being directed at you or anyone else in present company.

One thing I do agree with you on, and that is your characterization of our being "stuck" with Adams. That's a good way of putting it. Hopefully, Pete will finally figure out how to get the maximum contribution from Adams, but I'm not holding my breath.
Snarky?

I’d suggest that it was you that got snarky over my statement, and it was my response to that.

it was only a general statement in a public conversation, statements of that nature are not intended to be taken literally. If we were to take everything of that nature as literal, well just imagine how these boards would look.
I understand voice deflection and facial expressions don’t exist in a written/text conversation but even a blind/deaf person reading brail understands that statements of that nature aren’t to be taken literally.

I was giving my opinion NOT attempting to speak for anyone.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Snarky?

I’d suggest that it was you that got snarky over my statement, and it was my response to that.

it was only a general statement in a public conversation, statements of that nature are not intended to be taken literally. If we were to take everything of that nature as literal, well just imagine how these boards would look.
I understand voice deflection and facial expressions don’t exist in a written/text conversation but even a blind/deaf person reading brail understands that statements of that nature aren’t to be taken literally.

I was giving my opinion NOT attempting to speak for anyone.
I completely disagree that your statement was obviously not intended to be taken literally. I'm not a mind reader, which is what would be required to make that determination.

For the sake of argument, I'll accept your explanation so we can move on as it's a silly thing to argue about and diverts the discussion. But be advised that if you or anyone else uses such broad, all-inclusive phrases such as "our only concern as Seahawk fans," especially in a situation like this thread where there is obvious widespread disagreement on a topic, expect to get called out. If you don't want your statements to be taken literally, my advice would be to replace the word "our" with the word "my." I'm a person that assumes people mean what they say.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
With regards to how best to use Adams, I've heard that one option we are considering is to convert him into some sort of hybrid linebacker-safety position. IMO that might work in certain situations, but at 6'1" and 213 lbs., Adams is a little undersized for him to be deployed in the box at the LOS on 1st and 2nd down. In addition, his being forced to take on pulling guards and tight ends. I'm not a doctor, but the nature of his injuries, particularly the torn quadricep he's still recovering from, it would seem to put him at a higher risk of getting hurt yet again.

IMO we should give up the idea of using Adams as a 3-down player, at least for the time being. Bring him in on passing situations where he won't be facing as many running plays and unfavorable personnel groupings, like two tight sets, that would create a mismatch. His best strength is rushing the passer, and his presence would force defenses to account for him. Also, reducing the number of plays reduces the risk of injury and allows for a soft landing of sorts.
I think he will be used as a 3 down safety because he has proven he is also good in zone coverage. Not so much one on one man. But that gives hawks opportunity to play him up in box or back deep. Which is exactly why they signed love. One waiting for Adams to be full go and also so they can rotate the two of them in blended schemes.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Come on Chic.

No disrespect intended, I just think maybe your emotions are getting the best of you on this one.
Wow, "Come on Chic"?
Did you just wake up from a coma and it's 1959 for you? Also, a spell checker will help with your putdowns, as the word chic doesn't mean what you think it means.
And emotions getting the best of you?
Ha, ha, this is so unintentionally funny.....really.

As a mod, you should know about attacking the post, not the poster. Let's please elevate the quality level of these discussions.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Wow, "Come on Chic"?
Did you just wake up from a coma and it's 1959 for you? Also, a spell checker will help with your putdowns, as the word chic doesn't mean what you think it means.
And emotions getting the best of you?
Ha, ha, this is so unintentionally funny.....really.

As a mod, you should know about attacking the post, not the poster. Let's please elevate the quality level of these discussions.
It wasn’t a put down (or an attack), it was a play on the very commonly used “come on man”.

I’ve already stated that no offense was intended, and apologized if any was taken.

Go to YouTube and check it out for yourself.

Again I suppose being offended on the behalf of someone else is a sign of the times. GoFigure.

Attachments

• IMG_1828.jpeg
    IMG_1828.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1

RiverDog

Reaction score
It wasn’t a put down (or an attack), it was a play on the very commonly used “come on man”.

I’ve already stated that no offense was intended, and apologized if any was taken.

Go to YouTube and check it out for yourself.

Again I suppose being offended on the behalf of someone else is a sign of the times. GoFigure.
I thought it was fairly innocent, too, but by the same token, I don't blame @MizzouHawkGal for taking offense, either. I got a kick out of her response, you know, take that and ...., old man! Kudos to @pmedic920 for manning up.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I think he will be used as a 3 down safety because he has proven he is also good in zone coverage. Not so much one on one man. But that gives hawks opportunity to play him up in box or back deep. Which is exactly why they signed love. One waiting for Adams to be full go and also so they can rotate the two of them in blended schemes.
Now there's a good start, a rational argument without the inflammatory language.

I agree that Adams plays a lot better in zone, but his liabilities in man defense limits what we can do. Add that to the fact that we're going to want to limit his playing time due to the risk of injury and I think we'll be seeing him get somewhere around 60-70% of the available snaps with most of those coming in passing situations.

Jville

Reaction score
In many ways, Jamar is something of a mystery theater for 2023. As his carefully controlled comeback from injury unfolds, the provided youtube video affords a useful review of 2021. But, the latest chapter of Jamar's continuing story is at hand. The additions Coach Karl Scott, Coach Roy Anderson and a couple of new team mates should will have a telling influence on that new chapter.

Looking forward to the latest episodes of the Jamar Adams Mystery Theater. :)

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I completely disagree that your statement was obviously not intended to be taken literally. I'm not a mind reader, which is what would be required to make that determination.

For the sake of argument, I'll accept your explanation so we can move on as it's a silly thing to argue about and diverts the discussion. But be advised that if you or anyone else uses such broad, all-inclusive phrases such as "our only concern as Seahawk fans," especially in a situation like this thread where there is obvious widespread disagreement on a topic, expect to get called out. If you don't want your statements to be taken literally, my advice would be to replace the word "our" with the word "my." I'm a person that assumes people mean what they say.
Often, when I post something that might be controversial, I'll include something like "I speak only for myself."

pmedic920

Reaction score
So he was actively trying to not misgender them out of courtesy or protocol or whatever.
We really should get past this.
But yes, I was simply acknowledging the fact that she is female (gal) and attempting a bit of humor.
It wasn’t personal, my intention wasn’t to offend anyone.

I’ve explained myself, and I apologized to her.

OMG he said (XYZ), cancel him.
The effed up society we’ve become.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Come on Chic.

This statement can only be made with the benefit of hindsight, and can’t even really be made about Adams yet.

If you can point to a HC/GM tandem that has hit every trade I’ll eat my words.

Fact is, you can’t win them all, and if you want to hang your hat on the Harvin and Adams trade you certainly haven’t been paying attention because there have been worse.

No disrespect intended, I just think maybe your emotions are getting the best of you on this one.

Was simply a spin on “come on man”.

Wasn’t intended as an insult ma’am , my apologies if it offended you.

Gee wiz, sign of the times I suppose.
It's fine. Either way I do hope the best for Jamal but from what I've heard that kind of injury is something that football players rarely if ever comeback from.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fingers, legs and everything else crossed. He's a hell of a football player. Many seem to forget that. Now.........can they actually use him correctly? That's the big question. Have him play to his strengths. Use his speed to get to the QB.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Fingers, legs and everything else crossed. He's a hell of a football player. Many seem to forget that. Now.........can they actually use him correctly? That's the big question. Have him play to his strengths. Use his speed to get to the QB.
There's a reason why I've forgotten that he's a hell of a football player, and it's called the 2021 season, the last time we saw him in action for an extended period of time. Part of that is that he was surrounded by a totally inept defense, but nevertheless, that image is still stuck in my mind.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not trying to argue, but now you're just downplaying how good this guy is. He's a 3 time all-pro. Just because he got injured, doesn't mean he stopped being a hell of a football player. He was only good because the rest of the defense sucked? Um.........ok.
Doesn't matter, people won't budge on Adams, and that's fine. I think he's a beast, many don't. Oh well.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Not trying to argue, but now you're just downplaying how good this guy is. He's a 3 time all-pro. Just because he got injured, doesn't mean he stopped being a hell of a football player. He was only good because the rest of the defense sucked? Um.........ok.
Doesn't matter, people won't budge on Adams, and that's fine. I think he's a beast, many don't. Oh well.
I just wish people would be more accepting of fact people have a right to their own opinion. My opinion of why I don't believe he'll ever be useful to us is the fact he's not good at what a safety is expected to do and we are ridiculously deep at his position already or the fact similar to Jimmy G we can't seem to use him correctly. Then he's never available anyway and the topper that asinine contract which is blocking us from actually fixing the defense talk about a quadruple whammy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wonder why this site is dead now-a- days? People pushing their opinions. No one else can have an opinion here guys. There's only room for who matters!

I need proof, because other people's posts and opinions cement weather or not Adams is good. Ridiculous dude. Get off your high horse and stop pretending to be the gm or Seahawks consultant who can do better than what has been done. Lastly, to that point, let go man. You and no one on this site drafts, trades or anything football better than what currently resides in the front office. Otherwise...you would be there.

Let's gets some proof from you?

When Jamal is on the field does he make the defense better? Yes! Does he he play within the realm of what safeties make? Yes. Is he the sole reason Seattle hasn't been or done much in the playoffs since he has been here? No! Was he hurt much of last season? Yes. Is that the reason everyone is butthurt about him? Also yes.

Bye.

Even your contention that Adams makes the defense better when he's on the field is debatable, especially the past two seasons. As soon as he tore his labrum he was never the same.

And your opinion that this was a good trade is downright insane, and is shared by literally no one inside or outside Seattle.

This is the reason most fans are "butthurt." He's been hurt too much for anyone to think giving up two 1sts and the largest safety contract in NFL history was worth it.

Except you apparently. Congrats?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I just wish people would be more accepting of fact people have a right to their own opinion. My opinion of why I don't believe he'll ever be useful to us is the fact he's not good at what a safety is expected to do and we are ridiculously deep at his position already or the fact similar to Jimmy G we can't seem to use him correctly. Then he's never available anyway and the topper that asinine contract which is blocking us from actually fixing the defense talk about a quadruple whammy.
I never said someone can't have an on opinion. We all have them, and that's a good thing. I literally said I wasn't trying to argue. We can agree to disagree. That's part of a message board.

RiverDog

Reaction score
His injuries isn't what stopped him from being a helluva football player in 2020. Sure, he's a 3 time All Pro. I'm not taking that away from him. But what has he done for us lately, specifically, in his last full season? And how does that sub standard performance add up when you take into account his injuries and how that might affect his play?

And I'll counter your accusation of my downplaying Adams to your ignoring/rationalizing his most recent play and what he very well may have become, a PAST All Pro who has lost it.

I'll budge on Adams when I see it on the field, something I haven't seen in nearly 3 years.

Latest posts