Adams to come off pup list

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. We need the guy. Time will tell.
That being said, I'll budge if I see him play like crap. Which he won't, just my opinion.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I never said someone can't have an on opinion. We all have them, and that's a good thing. I literally said I wasn't trying to argue. We can agree to disagree. That's part of a message board.
Never had a problem with your take Soulfish I was just trying to support you. I just respectfully disagree.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Just because he got injured, doesn't mean he stopped being a hell of a football player.
That's kind of exactly what it means. Now, I get what you mean, he still has the same football brain and instincts he had before he was injured.

I hope he gets fully healed, returns to form, and becomes a great player once again.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I always thought Adams was kind of an enigma. He excels at rushing the QB, hitting hard, and tackling well. He's also not the best at coverage and has horrible hands when it comes to interceptions. It just seems like a strange package for a safety. Unconventional. His best attribute is rushing the QB. Is that what one looks for in a safety? With his unique skillset, I imagine it is kind of hard to figure out how to use him properly and for that reason alone, i need to reel it in some when it appears he isnt being used properly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I always thought Adams was kind of an enigma. He excels at rushing the QB, hitting hard, and tackling well. He's also not the best at coverage and has horrible hands when it comes to interceptions. It just seems like a strange package for a safety. Unconventional. His best attribute is rushing the QB. Is that what one looks for in a safety? With his unique skillset, I imagine it is kind of hard to figure out how to use him properly and for that reason alone, i need to reel it in some when it appears he isnt being used properly.

His biggest assets were his physicality and speed.

Now both of those are severely compromised, and if we're being honest they were compromised before the leg injury.

IMO best case scenario for Adams is he stays upright and can come in for 10-15 plays a game and be a disruptor, because he has great instincts. Worst case scenario...........well, we've already seen that movie.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This team could use a player like Sam Adams was in his prime.
If we could get Tez to come with him in his prime we wouldn't lose a game. I dunno, maybe Tony Woods, Wooden and Wyman to ice the cake. Honestly though, I don't want to see Adams out there if he isn't healthy enough to play to his heart.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
100 percent or not at all. Couldn't agree more. Can't make a guy "hold back" or whatever. He is what he is, a fast af player who goes all out every play.

RiverDog

Reaction score
That's a fair summation.

One of the problems I have with Adams is that we have to change our defense in order to allow him to excel. Sure, he's good at rushing the passer, very good, but being that he plays in the secondary, we have to give up something in order for him to play at his optimum. That's how I saw 2021 unfold. We'd send him on a blitz, they'd pick it up, then complete a pass for a first down. We had the 2nd worst passing defense in the league that season.

It's going to be very difficult to find a way to utilize Adams on all three downs without having to expose him in coverage, which is his weakness, or sacrifice a secondary spot to send him on a blitz. Plus, he's coming off a very serious injury that after nearly a year, he still hasn't fully recovered. How is a 6'1", 215 lb. player recovering from an injury going to fair against tight ends and pulling guards if we're going to routinely play him in the box?

My idea is to limit his play, use him primarily in passing situations and make offenses account for him. Not only would it allow him to be used at his optimum, but it would reduce his exposure to further injury. The problem is that it's an admission that he is not worth being the 3rd highest paid safety in the league, meaning that Pete would have to swallow his pride.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Of all the moves JS/PC have made, this one gets me the most. I wasn't a fan of the trade at the time, and it's still true today, more so.

If the defense has to be modified to utilize the talents of one player, it's a bridge too far.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, hopefully he proves a lot of people wrong. He makes the team better. Every front office in the league fails on a trade. All of them. This team has also made some great deals and had some damn good drafts.

Last edited:

Latest posts