Adding seats to the Clink

jonesy7748

Reaction score
What are the chances that seats get adden to the Clink in the next couple of years? It's been said that 12,000 people are on the season ticket wait list and with the demand of single game tickets right now it's almost a no brainer. How hard would it be to put in 5,000 seats next to the hawks nest and by the 12th man flag?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Did they add seats this season? They said last night was a record amount of fans attending the game. Doesn't that mean they had to have added seats?

BocciHawk

Reaction score
No, they added standing room only tickets, which are only sold for games with very high demand. That's how we're getting new records. No new seats were added this year.

That said, there are architectural drawings -- and the whole building was designed to accomodate -- the 300 level above the 12th man flag to be filled in. That would bring capacity to 72,000 which is the minimum for a Super Bowl.

There are also sketches for filling in the Hawks Nest, which frankly given how much that new building blocks the city skyline, wouldn't be a big deal now but would have been annoying years ago i.e. there were cool city views from my seats up until this season, but there aren't any more, and so in the past I would have objected to filling that area in, but now I could care less.

BTW, the number you referenced is almost exactly the number that would be added. Official seated capacity is right around 67,000 and the fill in at the 300 level in the south end zone would bring it to 72,000.

Will this happen any time soon? Hard to say. I would think actually it mostly depends on how the NYC Super Bowl goes... if people like the fact that weather impacts the game and it's likely that other northern cities could get Super Bowls, I could see them adding the seats in tandem with putting a bid in.

seahawks08

Reaction score
They added seats. The hawks nest had added an elevation with additional rows.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I wouldn't think it would matter for a SB specifically.

From a business perspective (and it IS a business), if you have 12k fans on a waiting list, and we sell out our entire season in a matter of minutes, you would think there would be plans in the works to add more seats.

More seats, more revenue. Plus, if you added more general admission seats, you could take some out for more luxury boxes, which are the real cash cow of every NFL team.

Johnny

Reaction score
I read in an article a year or two back that said our stadium can be retro fitted to add 3000 additional sets to fit under the guide lines of the Super Bowl requirements that says 'the stadium needs hold at least 71,000 sets'...

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
I very much doubt they will add any substantive amount of permanent seats. I can see adding standing room seats and maybe some form of temporary seats but nothing permanent that requires a material capital expenditure. The fan base is pretty fair weather. I realize that isn't the case on this site as we are all hard core fans who follow the team through thick and thin, but only a few very short few years later after the Superbowl appearance there was no season ticket waiting list and you could buy charter level seats to low quality opponents outside the stadium for $5.

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
I very much doubt they will add any substantive amount of permanent seats. I can see adding standing room seats and maybe some form of temporary seats but nothing permanent that requires a material capital expenditure. The fan base is pretty fair weather. I realize that isn't the case on this site as we are all hard core fans who follow the team through thick and thin, but only a few very short few years later after the Superbowl appearance there was no season ticket waiting list and you could buy charter level seats to low quality opponents outside the stadium for $5.

Seaswab

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see those drawings. Filling in the Hawks Nest would seem to be a challenge. They'd have to blow up the hawks nest and start over.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Rather than adding new seats I want them to figure out a way to get some bigger jumbotrons in there

86Hawk

Reaction score
Seaswab":3udtzfxi said:
Theres no room, where would they put them?
Right behind the 12th man flag there is room for another 5 sections. They could just fill in the gap. Fine by me, the louder the better.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3blrxnnt said:
Rather than adding new seats I want them to figure out a way to get some bigger jumbotrons in there
they should just snatch the screen from the Mariners. Nobody there to see it anyways.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Im talking about bigger screens, not room to expand the ones they have.

C-Dub

Reaction score
I'd be ok standing on the sidelines. I don't need a chair. I really don't see the problems here. Just let me in man!!!

AgentDib

Reaction score
Ticket sales are not the primary source of revenue. An additional $400k per game would be nice, but would take while to offset the construction costs and is not a big deal when we are talking about a franchise with a value of half a billion or more.

BocciHawk":f4yvxn4l said:
There are also sketches for filling in the Hawks Nest, which frankly given how much that new building blocks the city skyline, wouldn't be a big deal now but would have been annoying years ago i.e. there were cool city views from my seats up until this season, but there aren't any more, and so in the past I would have objected to filling that area in, but now I could care less.
The good news about the new building is that the all-glass construction on the outside reflects the sun really well and will emit blinding glares during our 1 pm games. Wait, maybe that is just more bad news.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Seaswab":2knsq4gd said:
Im talking about bigger screens, not room to expand the ones they have.

Suspended between the roofs over the middle of the field, ala Cowpie Palace.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
BocciHawk":17pxtji0 said:
No, they added standing room only tickets, which are only sold for games with very high demand. That's how we're getting new records. No new seats were added this year.

That said, there are architectural drawings -- and the whole building was designed to accomodate -- the 300 level above the 12th man flag to be filled in. That would bring capacity to 72,000 which is the minimum for a Super Bowl.

BTW, the number you referenced is almost exactly the number that would be added. Official seated capacity is right around 67,000 and the fill in at the 300 level in the south end zone would bring it to 72,000.

Will this happen any time soon? Hard to say. I would think actually it mostly depends on how the NYC Super Bowl goes... if people like the fact that weather impacts the game and it's likely that other northern cities could get Super Bowls, I could see them adding the seats in tandem with putting a bid in.

I loved the city view from our seats, but now the new building was placed it obstructed the awesome view.

Latest posts