Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Just do a fundraiser, I will contribute a benjamin or so

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Doesn't bother me, ads are on every site

Votes: 44 34.6%

• Total voters

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
I've seen some forums implement ads, as well as a paid membership option that eliminated ads, provided some member-exclusive forums, etc. The price wasn't outrageous, and seemed to work well. For reference, the forum is https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/

That could be a good way to go about it, and something I would be down to pay for if priced similarly. Side note, we really need to modernize and get an SSL certificate. There are free sources, such as SSLFORFREE for this.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":1olb9nsi said:
That could be a good way to go about it, and something I would be down to pay for if priced similarly. Side note, we really need to modernize and get an SSL certificate. There are free sources, such as SSLFORFREE for this.
Yeah...the site definitely needs a cert. You can even setup free auto-renew every quarter using Let's Encrypt, lol. Just needs to be setup.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13rv96vz said:
nIdahoSeahawk":13rv96vz said:
Yeah...the site definitely needs a cert. You can even setup free auto-renew every quarter using Let's Encrypt, lol. Just needs to be setup.
I forgot about that one, definitely the best way to go.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
An SSL certificate is essential, IMO. Until I joined with The Insiders or whatever that network was called in the mid 00's I was dead set against any ads, period. But as any owner of .NET can tell you, it's simply not practical to run the site out of pocket. Like many have said, I am all for unobtrusive ads...After all, those of us who don't want to look at them at any cost have ad blockers. The ads as described by Wenhawk seem more than reasonable. I'm all for whatever keeps .NET alive for many more decades to come.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Lots of good take aways here. Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Getting closer to making this a reality. We have a few companies in place already. Once we hit out number will will launch. If you know anyone who is interested I can provide our analytics on traffic and membership. We have had offers from some 3rd parties and understand there is value in our traffic but are choosing to keep all our Ad's with people/companies we know personally at this time. So those with ties to .net get are first in line.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":4s58sy25 said:
You gotta do what you gotta do. Please do what you must to keep the lights on. If the economic model is web ads or premium ad-free then make it happen.
This^^^^!! To those who piss & moan about it, and say that they will leave and never come back??? ADIOSGOODBYDON'TLETTHEDOORHITYAINTHEASS!!

chris98251

Reaction score
scutterhawk":13h8evrl said:
sdog1981":13h8evrl said:
You gotta do what you gotta do. Please do what you must to keep the lights on. If the economic model is web ads or premium ad-free then make it happen.
This^^^^!! To those who piss & moan about it, and say that they will leave and never come back??? ADIOSGOODBYDON'TLETTHEDOORHITYAINTHEASS!!

But that would mean less traffic and the need for more ad's.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
HawkSince87":luwfnreu said:
How many regularly contribute here? Would $1/month really break anyone’s bank? I know, I know, the *gasping* that comes with the idea of a pay for site, but honestly, a buck? Direct withdrawal on the first of every month and no one would miss it.

I think 5 dollars is a good amount. Actually make it 4.99 so people think it’s only 4. Lol

But honestly I don’t go on the site as much as I used to and I would pay a monthly sub to make sure this site stays open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sc85sis

Reaction score
I just clicked on the Donations link in the top nav and got a 404. How long has that been MIA?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3jphyszt said:
scutterhawk":3jphyszt said:
sdog1981":3jphyszt said:

But that would mean less traffic and the need for more ad's.
I understand that, but, there are those of us (long time Retirees) who don't have the money to help pay for this, and why should just a few folks in here have to pay out of their own pockets for us?.
There isn't now, nor has there been since it's inception, a better site than .NET to interface with fellow Diehard Seahawks fans.