AFCW revenge game for Seahawks in Superbowl. Who do you...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
bestfightstory":3do6qrzc said:
Seahawk Sailor":3do6qrzc said:
Easily Chiefs. I want no part of a second jobbing so the league can get Pretty Boy Manning his second ring.

That crossed my mind, too.

But, then, I didn't want to sound paranoid and conspiratorial. Like you. :th2thumbs:

I guess it has been a while since 2005. My son asked me the other day what was so bad about that game too. He wants to see for himself. One of these days we'll watch it again together.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":37flopjx said:
bestfightstory":37flopjx said:
Seahawk Sailor":37flopjx said:
Easily Chiefs. I want no part of a second jobbing so the league can get Pretty Boy Manning his second ring.

That crossed my mind, too.

But, then, I didn't want to sound paranoid and conspiratorial. Like you. :th2thumbs:

I guess it has been a while since 2005. My son asked me the other day what was so bad about that game too. He wants to see for himself. One of these days we'll watch it again together.

The thought of going through that experience a second time is horrifying to me.

OP
OP
NavySeaHawk

NavySeaHawk

Reaction score
Well it sure seems like fate, that this years Superbowl is looking like an old afc west classic battle from the 80's, except on the big stage. You know the media will pump in the teams pasts to build up the game. :D ( I would be happy to see old footage of the good ole days)

Seahawks vs broncos or chiefs, this is twilite zone, area 51 stuff. That is if it works out that way, and it is looking like the match up will come into being as every week passes. :2:

:th2thumbs:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I want the Broncos.

Reason: the Legion of Boom has steadily been punking and humiliating every member of the "Old Guard Elite QBs Club". Eli Manning went first in 2011, followed by Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in 2012. Drew Brees will follow in a couple of weeks.

There's only one more QB who needs to be unceremoniously knocked out of his glory days and hastily ushered on towards irrelevance in favor of the new era of QBs. That's the horse face.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bestfightstory":1iau627m said:
Zebulon Dak":1iau627m said:
I want whichever's the better team. I want to beat the 2nd best team in the league.

That will be whichever team emerges from the ranks of the AFC, Poindexter.

Exactamundo!!

AgentDib

Reaction score
Sign me up for the conspiracy parade as well. Referee perception is influenced by what they were expecting to see, not intentionally fixed but rather unintentionally biased.

Seahawks vs. Broncos would be a festival of flags every time Manning's jersey was soiled or Welker was hit catching a ball in the middle. To say nothing of what would happen if there was minor contact between Demaryius Thomas and one of our "too physical" CB's.

Rocket

Reaction score
Bronco's. PLEASE LORD.
We just missed 'em in XL, and I need to lord it over the zillions of Mr. Ed's fans who gave me two decades of sh!t.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NavySeaHawk":1mquorpa said:
Prefer, the chefs or donkos?

I want the broncos, that would be having our cake and eating it too!

The broncos are a passing team, no running game...i like the match up.
:179417:

Plus we beat the chiefs back in 99 when we backed in to the play offs...it was them or us, we beat them.

Seahawks 34 broncos 13
I would prefer the Chiefs given I live here and it gives me a chance to talk smack for 2 months straight!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I want Peyton in the snow. We all know how well he fares in the cold. :twisted:

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
irocdave":1vs437uy said:
Donkies. Would also like to see Bosworth raise the flag before the game. He could hand out the horse face shirts before the game to bring back some of the old time hatred.

That's what I'm talking about!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I just don't hate any of those teams any more. It's ancient history to me. And I HATED all those teams through the 80's and 90's but now? Evokes no emotion.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Natethegreat":pv8eorah said:
I know this is an AFC west thread but who would love to see the Redskins make the playoffs and come to our house to be knocked out once again by us? I would really cherish that.
If I could be FootballGod for a couple of months, I would have the Redskins win that division with a record of 6-10, then have them beat the Rams in the wildcard round (because the digits didn't make it) so they would face us in the divisional round.

After that, I wouldn't care who we beat, as long as we thump 'em.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I just want to get there and then worry about who we are playing.

253hawk

Reaction score
Broncos. Not only were they a huge rival back in the AFCW days, but to shut down possibly the highest-scoring offense of all time (led by one of the best QB's of all time) would be awesome. That and we would never hear the end of it if we only beat the lowly pretenders that are the Chiefs led by Alex 'Tinyhands' Smith and their cupcake schedule.

Also wouldn't mind trashing the Colts or Pats.

seahawks08

Reaction score
NE Patriots, sweet revenge for Pete Caroll after being fired! Its about time they realize it.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If RW truly don't ever lose 2nd games to any team, then bring on the Colts!

MagHawk

Reaction score
Broncos all the way!!

Not only do I still hate that team - my last game in the Kingdome was a loss to Elway, but old Mr Ed is still intimately associated with them.

Gotta be the Broncos!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3fboklsr said:
I would prefer the Chiefs just cuz I appreciate their team and fanbase more.

I could care less about the Chiefs team or fanbase, but i'd pick them because their offense is mediocre at best. We could certainly beat Peyton on a neutral field (especially in a cold weather city like NY), but if I have a choice I'd rather not go up against arguably the greatest QB in NFL history.

So my choice is easy.

Manning > Brady > Luck > Smith = KC