Ahhhhh. Nothing Like A Get Right Game

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just what the doctor ordered. You're gonna always have the small faction of "NWB'ers" (Nice Win, But...) but it's hard to find too much fault with this one. Sure the D could have made this even more of a laugher (Jamal drops the easiest pick he would have ever had, KJ knocks down a sure Ford INT as if he was on the other team, lol!)...

But all-in-all, this is exactly the game the doctor ordered. A winless team with next to no shot coming into town after we were embarrassed for the first time all year by a sub-par team.

Ahhhhhhh. Bad team or not, just enjoy the victory 12's.

W

Welshers

Yep, felt great to just get a blow out. Saw all sorts of people predicting losses or saying it would be a nail biter. I'm super stoked on this performance.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Absolutely. Nice to see us beat the Jets this badly. They needed to. And just to think that if the defence reeled in those turnovers it could have been a bloody massacre!

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, only a couple of minor blemishes on a real beauty of a game. Hope we can carry the momentum forward.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The inevitable narrative of "Well, it was the 0-12 Jets, so big deal" crowd doesn't seem to carry over to the Chiefs. Had the Chiefs won this game 40-3 the narrative would be that it just goes to show how dominant the Chiefs are! LOL, ya can't win.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm pumped after this game. Great post Aros.

If we had won in a nail biter, i would've been disappointed. Call me spoiled, but this is a Jets team that we should've won by at least 10. 40-3 is an eye opening score, and getting to see the starters comfortably rest and get pulled was great. Honestly, it brought a tear to my eye.

Overall, the effort today was night and day from last week. We should've wiped the floor with the Giants, and instead our guys were the ones getting whipped.
Today was a totally different energy level. Very happy after this win. Go Hawks!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I was complaining as loud as anyone, but yeah credit where it's due. Solid game all around. We did what we were supposed to do last week. Onward!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Ah yes, nothing like beating up a collegiate level team in the NFL to give a false sense of confidence.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":28pmy4b6 said:
Ah yes, nothing like beating up a collegiate level team in the NFL to give a false sense of confidence.

C'mon man. Don't rain on our parade.

They're an NFL team too.
They may be tanking, but let's take a W when they come our way and rejoice in victory!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
It's not just winning big but cleaning up some stuff from last week. Granted it was an 0-12 Jets team, but there have been examples in recent weeks of teams that should have blown a team but didn't (in addition to our game last week)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jerhawk":1zs2qx26 said:

Precisely the type of post I would expect from him and which is the perfect example as to why he is on my coveted block list.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Really Spin? They win by 37 and you're gonna' blast them? Ask the Raiders if the Jets can play good football.
And THIS is why I avoided the site for almost 2 weeks. Same crap every week, win or lose.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
every....single....time

You would think winning is a good thing?
The downer crowd must be hating this winning thing...…..because it's "just the Jets"
Glad I stayed away for a week and a half. Being here last week would have been a complete waste of time.
Fire Pete and John, Russ Sucks, Hawks are the worst team in the league etc.

LTH

Reaction score
:0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

LTH

capncrunch

Reaction score
Oh man!! Great post. Yes. A good ol fashion butt whipping. Putting in back ups cool. Great to see Parkinson catch some balls and Geno and others. Funny story. I am in a chat group with a couple Jets fans and a 4th guy. I don't watch the game until 8:00 PM on Gamepass. I get a text from the dude who says I underestimated the Jets and then goes on to say something else I didn't read. I am pretty sure this means to say we lost to the Jets. I got really anxious and upset, disappointed, uncertain. Then I watch the game and as it rolls out I'm thinking, "how the Heck are we not going to win this one. I barked at the little bas#### later for not allowing me the one relaxing joyride we have had all year. Ahh. He thought it was funny.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":32joxbxj said:
Spin Doctor":32joxbxj said:

They're an NFL team too.
They may be tanking, but let's take a W when they come our way and rejoice in victory!

Hawks needed the positive input right now.
Offense got into some grooves with ground gains and there was even passes over middle that will encourage more of the same against Washington.
Defense got to eat and feel good about their contribution to the win.

Yes! Not only a win but a confidence builder to boot.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Very happy with how this game played out. This is what you want to see out of what is a good team playing a bad team. It does not guarantee you anything against other good teams, but it does leave you more comfortable of what this team is potentially capable of vs if this team played shot for shot with the Jets (or worse...lost and everything implodes).

LTH

Reaction score
ZagHawk":7tlilh46 said:
Very happy with how this game played out. This is what you want to see out of what is a good team playing a bad team. It does not guarantee you anything against other good teams, but it does leave you more comfortable of what this team is potentially capable of vs if this team played shot for shot with the Jets (or worse...lost and everything implodes).

Back on the bandwagon are ya? Until the next bit of adversity comes around, Then it's back to fire Pete.. LMAO!!!!

LTH

Latest posts