Ahmad Brooks Indicted for Sexual Battery

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Not trying minimize what Brooks did, but one time some 12 fan THREW POPCORN ON HIM WHEN HE WAS BEING CARTED OFF THE FIELD!!!

Sincerely,
Niner fan that beat up other Niner fan in the men's room

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":11kvlh5v said:
Not trying minimize what Brooks did, but one time some 12 fan THREW POPCORN ON HIM WHEN HE WAS BEING CARTED OFF THE FIELD!!!

Sincerely,
Niner fan that beat up other Niner fan in the men's room

Well that was random.

ringless

Reaction score
I really want someone to make a 49ers mugshot calendar from 2012 until now.... Have up all 12 arrests although there should be 14 since Brooks got out of two should be arrests.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":2nd93zxy said:
I really want someone to make a 49ers mugshot calendar from 2012 until now.... Have up all 12 arrests although there should be 14 since Brooks got out of two should be arrests.

Wouldn't be as exciting as you think. Would mostly be a bunch of pictures of Aldon Smith and Ray McDonald.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Aug. 26: Ahmad Brooks charged with sexual battery for groping an unconscious woman. Ray McDonald charged for sexual assault on the same woman.

Aug. 6: Aldon Smith arrested on hit-and-run, DUI, and vandalism.

March 5: Bruce Miller arrested on suspicion of spousal battery. On June 2, Miller pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor domestic-violence charge. He was put on probation and ordered to attend a 16-week domestic-violence counseling course.

Aug. 31, 2014: Ray McDonald arrested on suspicion of felony domestic violence.

April 13, 2014: Aldon Smith arrested on suspicion of making false bomb threat at Los Angeles International Airport.

March 28, 2014: Chris Culliver charged with felony hit and run, misdemeanor reckless driving and felony possession of brass knuckles.

Jan. 26, 2014: Daniel Kilgore arrested on public intoxication charges.

Oct. 29, 2013: Aldon Smith turns himself in on felony weapons charges. On May 21, 2104, Smith pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor DUI and three felony weapons charges, and was later sentenced to three years probation. The NFL suspended Smith for nine games during the 2014 season.

Sept. 20, 2013: Aldon Smith arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence after crashing into a tree in a San Jose neighborhood.

June 8, 2013: Ahmad Brooks arrest warrant for assault on teammate Lamar Divens after smashing a beer bottle over his head.

Feb. 20, 2013: Al Netter arrested in San Jose for driving under the influence. He pleaded no contest two months later in Santa Clara County Superior Court and was sentenced to probation.

Nov. 30, 2012: Demarcus Dobbs arrested for marijuana possession and driving under the influence after a single-car crash in Santa Clara in which he hit a chain-link fence. He pleaded no contest in Santa Clara County Superior Court and entered a sheriff's alternative work program. The NFL also suspended him one game.

Feb. 8, 2012: Ray McDonald arrested in Sunnyvale after getting pulled over for speeding. He had an outstanding warrant in San Mateo County Superior Court stemming from a 2010 DUI arrest.

Jan. 27, 2012: Aldon Smith arrested in Miami Beach on suspicion of driving under the influence. He qualified for a diversion program for first-time offenders and charges were reduced to reckless driving.

mrt144

Reaction score
49ers webzone:

"Obviously women are out in full force trying to bring us down. Damn thirsty hoes! I wouldn't trust a bitch!"

Yes, obviously the problem is half the population, not the handful of awful people who play for the 49ers.

Also, with that attitude of course you're going to have sexual assault issues. A significant amount of your fans really do think it's beyond comprehension that a football player would sexually assault someone and the real victims are the team. :th2thumbs:

OrFan

Reaction score
Laloosh":2fa2ihxw said:
lsheldon":2fa2ihxw said:
RolandDeschain":2fa2ihxw said:
RedAlice":2fa2ihxw said:
Extremely.

Does that leave them with only one D starter now from the SB team? (Bowman).

I think so, yeah. I'm curious to see Marvin's take. :)

Don't worry, Marvin will come up with a way to spin this to protect his team's honor.

Honor, like "I plead the 5th, your honor"?

More like "I drank a fifth, your honor."

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1txiedln said:
Aug. 26: Ahmad Brooks charged with sexual battery for groping an unconscious woman. Ray McDonald charged for sexual assault on the same woman.

Aug. 6: Aldon Smith arrested on hit-and-run, DUI, and vandalism.

March 5: Bruce Miller arrested on suspicion of spousal battery. On June 2, Miller pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor domestic-violence charge. He was put on probation and ordered to attend a 16-week domestic-violence counseling course.

Aug. 31, 2014: Ray McDonald arrested on suspicion of felony domestic violence.

April 13, 2014: Aldon Smith arrested on suspicion of making false bomb threat at Los Angeles International Airport.

March 28, 2014: Chris Culliver charged with felony hit and run, misdemeanor reckless driving and felony possession of brass knuckles.

Jan. 26, 2014: Daniel Kilgore arrested on public intoxication charges.

Oct. 29, 2013: Aldon Smith turns himself in on felony weapons charges. On May 21, 2104, Smith pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor DUI and three felony weapons charges, and was later sentenced to three years probation. The NFL suspended Smith for nine games during the 2014 season.

Sept. 20, 2013: Aldon Smith arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence after crashing into a tree in a San Jose neighborhood.

June 8, 2013: Ahmad Brooks arrest warrant for assault on teammate Lamar Divens after smashing a beer bottle over his head.

Feb. 20, 2013: Al Netter arrested in San Jose for driving under the influence. He pleaded no contest two months later in Santa Clara County Superior Court and was sentenced to probation.

Nov. 30, 2012: Demarcus Dobbs arrested for marijuana possession and driving under the influence after a single-car crash in Santa Clara in which he hit a chain-link fence. He pleaded no contest in Santa Clara County Superior Court and entered a sheriff's alternative work program. The NFL also suspended him one game.

Feb. 8, 2012: Ray McDonald arrested in Sunnyvale after getting pulled over for speeding. He had an outstanding warrant in San Mateo County Superior Court stemming from a 2010 DUI arrest.

Jan. 27, 2012: Aldon Smith arrested in Miami Beach on suspicion of driving under the influence. He qualified for a diversion program for first-time offenders and charges were reduced to reckless driving.

Dobbs?! Lol, okay i'll shut up now...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
mrt144":1qo72qpa said:
49ers webzone:

"Obviously women are out in full force trying to bring us down. Damn thirsty hoes! I wouldn't trust a bitch!"

Yes, obviously the problem is half the population, not the handful of awful people who play for the 49ers.

Also, with that attitude of course you're going to have sexual assault issues. A significant amount of your fans really do think it's beyond comprehension that a football player would sexually assault someone and the real victims are the team. :th2thumbs:

FWIW I read that as prety clearly satirical.

That said, if you sincerely think some unortunately motivated posters engaging in victim blaming on a message board is what causes NFL players to assault people 1) you're a weirdo and 2) you'd be best avoiding [deleted reference to a recent example] any number of related threads on any number of team boards.

If that's not satirical, well, stupid people are gonna stupid, regardless of who they root for.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":18j0pusl said:
mrt144":18j0pusl said:
49ers webzone:

That said, if you sincerely think some unortunately motivated posters engaging in victim blaming on a message board is what causes NFL players to assault people 1) you're a weirdo and 2) you'd be best avoiding the Frank Clark threads here, as well as any number of related threads on any number of team boards.

If that's not satirical, well, stupid people are gonna stupid, regardless of who they root for.

Frank Clark was guilty of disorderly conduct in college before he was a Seahawk, for which I have already raked him over the coals. The facts were a bit murky with questions about whether he had been attacked by his girlfriend (missing skin on his nose from a bite) and was merely defending himself by attempting to restrain her. The prosector in the case reached the conclusion that there was NOT probable cause for an assault charge, but there was probable cause of disorderly conduct for engaging in a loud physical altercation while intoxicated. IMO, he should have left the hotel room to let her cool off.

I don't see how disorderly conduct, in attempting to defend one's self, is in any way comparable to sexual battery or assault on an unconscious person.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ My mistake to evoke Clark in the middle of that sentence, and I seriously have absolutely no interest in debating what happened with him (which seems to be what you want to do). FWIW I deleted out the reference in my original sentence; it's stil the same sentence making the same point. ;)

My basic points were:

1) I read that as satirical

2) Even if it wasn't satirical if you go looking for it you're going to find that line of argumentation for incidents like this one on any team board. Heck, you even see it pretty frequently when the player under question isn't even on the team the board is dedicated to.

More broadly, I think any time you get a group of men together you're gonna hear some pretty gnarly minimization and victim blaming when it comes to issues of male violence against women, although that's a topic for the shack rather than the nfl forum. :th2thumbs:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":26wrkzzq said:
Wow. Well the only thing here to say is. Why was he not cut long ago. The blind homerism of all fans of all teams is winning first. So to those that sit on their holier than thou thrones and act like if it was their team they would say cut him are lying to themselves. Now.

I said long ago cut his ass and was blasted by my fellow niner fans. Yes this was not a surprise at all. They way this team has been ran is humiliating to all loyal fans. Its down right embarrassing. Idiots complete idiots run this team from the god child to dumbass Balke. This team has NO resemblance of the Niners that I would watch as a small kid with my grandfather. The NFL is a joke. uts all about the money plain and simple. There is no other reason to continue with the insanity that is currently happening.so to Willis, Borland, Smith and the many others that seen the writing on the wall and bounced. God bless you men.

I remember your take on the matter. No one here would question it that I could see. Its just too bad, the team was SO close and also appeared to be built for long-term survival. In what amounted to one season, It just fell apart entirely. I don't know if it was the switch to Kaep, Harbafreak's status, Baalke, York or what. Whatever it is, the avalanche just exploded. I could never vision it getting this bad, but we all knew that the DA/Court System treated the Niners as if they were family. Remember that crap? Aldon Smith gun crimes? Ray McDonald?? Beer Bottle smashing? It all caught up to them and it was from the same people they cut breaks at the judicial level!

Maulbert

Reaction score
My best friend, who I've known since middle school (20+ years) is a Niners fan. He is visiting from LA right now, and I have never not taken a shot at the Niners when I could, until last night. I told him it was like kicking a baby with Downes Syndrome at this point. He agreed.

mrt144

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2zr1t6ka said:
mrt144":2zr1t6ka said:
49ers webzone:

That said, if you sincerely think some unortunately motivated posters engaging in victim blaming on a message board is what causes NFL players to assault people 1) you're a weirdo and 2) you'd be best avoiding [deleted reference to a recent example] any number of related threads on any number of team boards.

Popeye, I dares ya to call out people victim blaming and not get a chapped ass for it in the specific thread about Brooks. You know I'd do it, but they ban people for being "disruptive" faster than any message board I've ever encountered.

Also, yes, not everyone is a terrible person on webzone, it's just that nobody is doing good work in shouting the idiots down currently.

Exittium

Reaction score
Wait Aldon was on probation for 3 years??.. Wouldn't us "normal" NOT rich or public figure types be behind bars for violating that probation?? I know off topic but it was something that just struck me lol

SuperMan28

Reaction score
I know the Rams have had some bad off seasons, mainly regular seasons lol, but nothing can hold a candle to this. I'm honestly a little speechless. I don't know what to say about the bottom falling out to this degree. I've never seen it before. Pretty clear we have the clear cut bottom feeder of our division this year.

One must ask WHT is going on in SF???? I feel like there needs to be an investigation or a all out mutiny at this point. It's that absurd.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Funny thing is though there is still quite a large number of folks over on the denialzone that think the niners still have a great shot at making the playoffs despite all of their offseason personnel losses.

ringless

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1i0ub1op said:
Funny thing is though there is still quite a large number of folks over on the denialzone that think the niners still have a great shot at making the playoffs despite all of their offseason personnel losses.

I saw the polls were 50%+ of their fans think this will be a double digit win season for them.

But in any case there are fans that think all sorts of crazy things. Last year for example a lot of Seahawks fans thought they would or could go 16-0. Especially after the Green Bay game where Percy Harvin was involved in a sweep play with Wilson and Lynch. At that time I remember reading 16-0 was in the books because not only was the D unstoppable. So was the O. Then the team barely stole the first seed from a depleted Cardinals team. A team I had no faith in to begin the season and outperformed my expectations.

What I am saying is its the NFL. Half the fans will be on one side or the other on feelings about their respective teams. The NFL is built in a way nothing is guaranteed. Even for the Hawks this year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SuperMan28":lg3bb6cx said:
I know the Rams have had some bad off seasons, mainly regular seasons lol, but nothing can hold a candle to this. I'm honestly a little speechless. I don't know what to say about the bottom falling out to this degree. I've never seen it before. Pretty clear we have the clear cut bottom feeder of our division this year.

One must ask WHT is going on in SF???? I feel like there needs to be an investigation or a all out mutiny at this point. It's that absurd.

San Francisco is doing just fine....Santa Clara...not so much. :stirthepot:

Laloosh

Reaction score
ringless":3bgrfz9h said:
Sports Hernia":3bgrfz9h said:

I saw the polls were 50%+ of their fans think this will be a double digit win season for them.

But in any case there are fans that think all sorts of crazy things. Last year for example a lot of Seahawks fans thought they would or could go 16-0. Especially after the Green Bay game where Percy Harvin was involved in a sweep play with Wilson and Lynch. At that time I remember reading 16-0 was in the books because not only was the D unstoppable. So was the O. Then the team barely stole the first seed from a depleted Cardinals team. A team I had no faith in to begin the season and outperformed my expectations.

What I am saying is its the NFL. Half the fans will be on one side or the other on feelings about their respective teams. The NFL is built in a way nothing is guaranteed. Even for the Hawks this year.

I'm not sure why any of you think that it's lost on us that anything can happen. I could be struck by lightning whilst typing this right...