Brooks/Barton

QWERTY

Reaction score
Seattle has the best Linebackers.

16 tackles for Brooks

12 tackles for Barton.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Lol no. Their tackles are usually 8 yards down field at best.

The D line didnt help at all. That group is an embarrassment and needs to be rebuild this off season.

Barton is a terrible linebacker. Brooks isn't much better but at least he has physical traits that can be utilized with better coaching

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Lol no. Their tackles are usually 8 yards down field at best.

The D line didnt help at all. That group is an embarrassment and needs to be rebuild this off season.

Barton is a terrible linebacker. Brooks isn't much better but at least he has physical traits that can be utilized with better coaching
I’m tired of making excuses for Brooks. Barton isn’t great but Brooks isn’t that far off either. Brooks cannot stop the run and cannot defend the pass either. We need to stop defending Brooks. Brooks isn’t the second coming of Wagner.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
But I thought a lot of tackles = good.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Don't they play their linebackers 8 yards back?

olyfan63

Reaction score
I was an early fan of Brooks and he showed promise the first couple years. Now all he shows is... average. Barton, most generally agree, an upgrade is needed in the draft. Overall, though, put me in the camp of priority 1 is "Let's upgrade our DT rotation" this offseason. That's the weak spot that was exploited in both of the last 2 losses.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
They're good in fantasy leagues with IDP enabled but I love the tongue in cheek sarcasm
Idk I was using the logic people said Wagner is good because of tackles

BamKam

Reaction score
el oh el on Barton

Brooks makes a lot of tackles but I’m still waiting for him to make big impact plays like KJ and Bobby did.

Polk738

Reaction score
Brooks can make plays if he has a clean gap otherwise he's getting blocked 5 yards upfield everytime- Barton.....Jesus christ....his awareness is just so bad-I'm pretty sure he's responsible for the final play of the game, where he just immediately crashes into the right side of the d-line.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I said it from the pick in the draft...would rather have Queen. A pylon would replace Barton.
Barton is undeniably bad and yet he's had a number of clutch plays that've turned games, including the stop in the Russell Bowl to set up the missed FG. Still not worth the spot overall but he does shine at times.

acer1240

Reaction score
Barton flashes at times but consistency is more important. Dude can't even shed a block most of the time.