Aldon Smith

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Msfann":2iw9x1re said:
Legalize it everywhere. The guy may be an idiot but he wasn't hurting anyone smoking that. It's a shame players have to hide it.

Well, nuclear engineers who live in WA (where it's legal) and work for the Navy can't smoke it either. And we make WAAAYYYY less than Alldumb there.

Maulbert

Reaction score
GeekHawk":27dxxt32 said:
Msfann":27dxxt32 said:
Legalize it everywhere. The guy may be an idiot but he wasn't hurting anyone smoking that. It's a shame players have to hide it.

Well, nuclear engineers who live in WA (where it's legal) and work for the Navy can't smoke it either. And we make WAAAYYYY less than Alldumb there.

Any private business also has the right to fire you if you fail a drug test even in states where it's legal. Legalization didn't change that. Some people prefer remaining employed over getting a buzz.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":25xr5to1 said:
GeekHawk":25xr5to1 said:
Msfann":25xr5to1 said:

Any private business also has the right to fire you if you fail a drug test even in states where it's legal. Legalization didn't change that. Some people prefer remaining employed over getting a buzz.
You described my situation to a T. I Would like to partake but the corp I work for can and will fire us if we are tested and are positive even though it's legal here in Washington state. I would rather keep my job, pension, vacation, medical and dental bene's than get high. There will be plenty of time for that when I retire from this job.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
253hawk":2ebif9w4 said:
SmokinHawk":2ebif9w4 said:
Remember, this is Aldon Smith we're talking about. Aldon Smith. Dude is a grade A jackass. This is the same guy that fired a rifle in the direction of a crowd of people and got so loaded that he passed out behind the wheel of his car and plowed in to a tree. That Aldon Smith. You know - the guy you are trying to defend.

Don't forget the bomb threat at the airport that would land any of us in prison for a very long time. But hey, he gets a free pass because he's an entertainment asset and a celebrity.

1. He didn't fire a gun in the direction of a crowd of people. He fired a gun into the air to get people to disperse. It's still dumb but very much not the same thing.

2. His "bomb threat" was saying something to the effect of "they're acting like I have a bomb or something," and being drunk and allowing things to escalate from there. Again, very dumb, but very much not a bomb threat.

He has addiction problems and doesn't seem to be very smart, but you don't have to overstate claims to make that point. In what he has actually done it is already clear.

Msfann

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ipxu8zkl said:
Maulbert":ipxu8zkl said:
GeekHawk":ipxu8zkl said:
Msfann":ipxu8zkl said:

You described my situation to a T. I Would like to partake but the corp I work for can and will fire us if we are tested and are positive even though it's legal here in Washington state. I would rather keep my job, pension, vacation, medical and dental bene's than get high. There will be plenty of time for that when I retire from this job.

I agree with you guys and if Smith was a nuclear engineer smoking pot that would be dangerous. But he's just some guy who plays games for a living. I also agree that a private business can drug test if they want, but my point is the system is stupid and guys like him aren't harming anything. It's a dumb rule that will change once society pulls their heads out of their behinds.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1a0rjgb1 said:
253hawk":1a0rjgb1 said:
SmokinHawk":1a0rjgb1 said:
Remember, this is Aldon Smith we're talking about. Aldon Smith. Dude is a grade A jackass. This is the same guy that fired a rifle in the direction of a crowd of people and got so loaded that he passed out behind the wheel of his car and plowed in to a tree. That Aldon Smith. You know - the guy you are trying to defend.

Don't forget the bomb threat at the airport that would land any of us in prison for a very long time. But hey, he gets a free pass because he's an entertainment asset and a celebrity.

1. He didn't fire a gun in the direction of a crowd of people. He fired a gun into the air to get people to disperse. It's still dumb but very much not the same thing.

2. His "bomb threat" was saying something to the effect of "they're acting like I have a bomb or something," and being drunk and allowing things to escalate from there. Again, very dumb, but very much not a bomb threat.

He has addiction problems and doesn't seem to be very smart, but you don't have to overstate claims to make that point. In what he has actually done it is already clear.

The rumor floating around at the time said the TSA agent had already let him go and then he made the comment, how do you know I don't have a bomb?

Much more egregious and ignorant than the way you put it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
If that's what you prefer I'm fine with that, but still, it's a another case of him being an idiot, not a case of him actually making a bomb threat.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":103hpa4o said:
If that's what you prefer I'm fine with that, but still, it's a another case of him being an idiot, not a case of him actually making a bomb threat.
The TSA apparently disagreed.

Next time you fly say what Alldumb said, and let us know how it turns out.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15eurud0 said:
My favorite part is how he thinks it is anonymous...

"You’re stupid, you trippin. ******** they don’t know it’s me. It’s not like I put ‘Aldon Smith’"

Not only does he use his Twitter account he uses for other videos, you can hear his clearly recognizable voice, but he points out they cannot figure out it is him because he didn't put his name on there....saying his name.

It is actually hilarious. I hope it is fake because the stupidity is liquid in that one. But it looks real as hell.

Probably not going to be great when he petitions the league to reinstate him after the drug suspension that he has videos about him taking drugs. Just a hunch.

* (Note: I still think the whole anti-pot stance the NFL has is stupid/counterproductive.

So far it has damaged the capacity of the Browns to be competitive (which they were with Gordon) and utterly shelled the Jags by turning one of their best players into an empty chair. Now it will probably screw the Steelers out of a game or 2, all for a drug that is legal in a fair % of the US, has no connection to violent behavior, save as pain relief post violence, and almost no addiction connection. Some tenuous connection to increased Alzheimers but vs the CTE issue? Not significant)

Maybe your math is better then mine but its legal in 3 of 50 states... How exactly is that a fair percentage? And federally illegal in all.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
"It's not like I put Aldon Smith"

lololoolllolololololololl

HIS NAME IS ALDUMB SMIFF!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Normally I would say big deal it's just pot but this guy needs some reigns put on him before he kills someone. On accident of course but the guy is just so dumb you would think it actually has to hurt.

Hopefully he is the only one he hurts but as long as he is still partying and being AlDumb anyone near bye him is at risk. Including children walking to school as one of his biggest gaff's was being so smashed he crashed his car into a tree in a residential nieghborhood during the school year, on a weekday around the time of the morning kids are walking to school and he was so inebriated he passed out, hit the tree and didn't even wake up with his foot pressed on the accelerator.

The guy is a risk that needs to be neutralized before it's to late.