Aldon's suspension is nine games

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3vx4yvdc said:
Well if you ever end up in court for DUI be sure and use the "well someone else did worse than me" defense, I'm sure the judge will take it into consideration.

It's funny you mention that because I'm sure the fact Marshawn blew out the exact legal limit of .08% played a big part in getting his charge dropped to a wet reckless. Do you think they would have done that if he blew out a .25%?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3f6km7ki said:
Popeyejones":3f6km7ki said:
SmokinHawk":3f6km7ki said:
Considering Aldon was found passed out in his car, after he had plowed in to a tree, I would say that yes, his DUI was an order of magnitude worse than Marshawn's.

TBF though that pendulum swings both ways, as one could legitimately argue that Lynch's 3:30 AM hit-and-run was worse than Aldon's DUI as Aldon, unlike Lynch, has been lucky enough to never hurt another person.

(And the claim that you can hit somebody to the degree that they require seven stitches and you kept driving because you "didn't know" you hit them is absolutely preposterous -- my stitches were from my bike pedal slashing through my ankle; requiring stitches from a vehicular accident while on foot is a whole different ballgame).

I'll stop though, as I'm making a comparison that I sincerely do think is pointless and bogus to begin with, though. :)

If you're expecting me to jump to Marshawn's defense, don't get your hopes up. It's possible, evidenced by the fact the guy only got 7 stitches instead of a whole lotta dead. People tend to get a whole lot more than 7 stitches when they are hit by a speeding car. That said, I find it more likely that Marshawn was drunk and behaving irresponsibly, as he is not without his past antics.

You gotta admit, though, Aldon's DUI and subsequent meltdown has been quite the spectacle.

Unlikely since the police came to Lynch's home right after the event. Lynch had also parked his car in the driveway instead of hiding his car in the garage which would be the logical thing if he knew he just hit a pedestrian. If he were drunk though I am pretty sure he would have been charged with a DUI.

253hawk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":cofho09h said:
lvnginhwktwn":cofho09h said:
It's funny you mention that because I'm sure the fact Marshawn blew out the exact legal limit of .08% played a big part in getting his charge dropped to a wet reckless. Do you think they would have done that if he blew out a .25%?

.25 is blackout drunk, choke-and-maybe-die-on-your-own-puke territory. Just opening a car door and getting in would be a small miracle.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
253hawk":7zrkrfle said:
SmokinHawk":7zrkrfle said:
lvnginhwktwn":7zrkrfle said:

.25 is blackout drunk, choke-and-maybe-die-on-your-own-puke territory. Just opening a car door and getting in would be a small miracle.

some screwed this up, that's not my quote.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
sc85sis":1d5vlj0g said:
BlueTalon":1d5vlj0g said:
The third thing about the "assault weapons" possession charges, I have a really hard time with. Those guns were not involved in any part of the disorder, were out of the way in a closet, and I don't believe the police really had any reason to be searching. (Maybe if drugs were found at the party?) But this is a case where Aldon was the victim of being on a team in a state where the gun laws are rather draconian -- if Aldon Smith was a Seahawk living in Washington, this would never have been an issue.
I'm guessing they used "probable cause" to search considering the other gun issues at the house that night.
Probable cause for what? Was there any evidence outside the house or in the party area that would lead a reasonable to conclude he had "assault weapons" in his closet? Did they really have something specific they were looking for, or was it just a fishing expedition?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
CHawks4L":2klpcljg said:
Then the gets the weapons charges, as a result of hosting a party where other guys were shot and he was stabbed. That's why police searched the house, and found the illegal weapons.
That's not a reason to search the house. If someone else commits a crime in my house and I am injured as a result, that does not give police carte blanche to search the non-relevant portions of my house.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I can guarantee that if the police didn't have proper search mechanisms in order that Smith would have never been as far as a no contest plea.

Even then.. he had the guns. Questioning the search for the illegal guns is one thing that matters to prosecution, but dude was stupid enough to have them in CA.

The real stupid part is that I am positive that Smith had the resources to obtain the very elusive exception granted by the state. Most can not do this, but he could have filed for one, claiming it was for advanced or private security as a public figure and afforded the support to make that claim. I am positive that he could have paid his way in. There are exceptions in CA and if I was Smith i would have gladly forked over the bucks or do whatever it took.

All that said, if I lived in CA I would literally be just as guilty as Smith and have the same number of convictions for owning 2 of my pistols and a rifle on the "banned" list in CA.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sure fun reading the Whiner spin doctors on this thread. If this were Cliff Avril or Michael Bennett you all would be dancing in the streets and saying our team's defense is in serious trouble.

Fact is your team has sadly lost it's best LB, a consensus All-Pro and not sadly your best pass rusher, also a consensus All-Pro. Your D will suffer as such.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3ixyowy4 said:
SmokinHawk":3ixyowy4 said:
Firing a gun in to a crowd of people should net more than 9 games.
??? Where on earth did you hear he fired a gun into a crowd of people?

Did you not hear about that incident?

rideaducati

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2jwrw2nr said:
CHawks4L":2jwrw2nr said:
Then the gets the weapons charges, as a result of hosting a party where other guys were shot and he was stabbed. That's why police searched the house, and found the illegal weapons.
That's not a reason to search the house. If someone else commits a crime in my house and I am injured as a result, that does not give police carte blanche to search the non-relevant portions of my house.

If someone is shot by someone at your party, then it is only common sense that the police search your house for guns. Non-relevant portions of your house? WTF does that even mean? A gun can be hidden anywhere in a house.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Marvin49":3f50ycft said:
Aldon goes to rehab and gets no credit when they said specifically "its not about punishment, its about correcting behavior"? That's a load of BS. Bottom line.

Totally agree. And the airport "bomb threat" (LOL) was nothing more than a poor joke, imo. A sign of our ridiculously paranoid times, I guess. I sincerely doubt anyone actually thought Aldon had a damn bomb in his bag. He should have been taken aside by TSA and told to STFU then given directions to the nearest greyhound station, certainly not arrested (imo).

I think 3 games (on top of the 5 last year) would have been stiff enough . That's half a season. The illegal guns (in Cali) didn't bother me much and aside from his drunk / drugged car crash, I don't get the impression Aldon is the menace he's portrayed to be. He's just damn stupid (see the shootings at his house party) and if Roger is basing this sentence on stupidity, he should just banish Aldon for life. You can't "correct" stupid.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":5k0502c4 said:
BlueTalon":5k0502c4 said:
SmokinHawk":5k0502c4 said:
Firing a gun in to a crowd of people should net more than 9 games.
??? Where on earth did you hear he fired a gun into a crowd of people?

Did you not hear about that incident?

He didn't hear it because it didn't happen. He fired into the air. Aldons done enough without making stuff up.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
He fired into the air in a crowd. Just as dumb. Do you think everyone knew it was in the air? It triggered more gun shots and people getting shot. Don't minimize it.

chris98251

Reaction score
This whole off season has been a sad story for the 49ers, not so dissimilar to the downfall of Holmgren and the spiral after he was relieved of GM duties and Ruskell was brought in and the problems with Hill and other players and eventual disconnection of the front office and players. 49ers have more situations it seems but you can see the fragmentation going on. Story about Harbaugh and Cleveland and feuding within. They may hang together for another season but I see some change happening, if the Yorks don't pull the trigger on Baalke then it's the Coach that gets the boot. Even if they boot Baalke the new GM will want his own guys and purge the mentality of the roster.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1o3vrn3d said:
My question is why even say you are going to take rehab into account when you clearly aren't?

I don't know if I'd say they didn't take it into account, but the fact that he hasn't kept himself 100% out of trouble since then may have negated the fact that he went to rehab.

No matter how you slice it though, it's a severe penalty and with that many games missed by a player of his talent, it would hurt any team.

At least you'll have him back and should be up to full speed by the time we play each other on Thanksgiving.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":xb3zsa6b said:
He fired into the air in a crowd. Just as dumb. Do you think everyone knew it was in the air? It triggered more gun shots and people getting shot. Don't minimize it.

Right, because firing a gun in the air to break up an altercation is exactly the same as shooting AT people.

Its stupid as all hell, but there is a difference between stupidity and attempted murder.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":33mupgjk said:
RichNhansom":33mupgjk said:

Right, because firing a gun in the air to break up an altercation is exactly the same as shooting AT people.

Its stupid as all hell, but there is a difference between stupidity and attempted murder.
:177692: :34853_doh:
Oh please!!!!
That's a strawman argument by you Marv. No one here accused Alldumb of attempted murder! NO ONE!
You are one desperate troll grasping for straws.