Alice as a Rams fan

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Thank you iRo.

But I respectfully choose to disagree.

When the Rams sucked I was the same personality. It just was prolly more not directed at the Hawks.

I mean really? My sex life has been over shared in the Shack both when Rams suck and when Rams Rock.

Sorry love, but it’s you all who changed.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
I respect that I’m only liked if Hawks are dominant.

I’m not changing me..

:179417:

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
knownone":9qfp4p92 said:
I don't have any issue with Alice or the Rams. I do have issues with open-ended proclamations though. If the thread ended with "WIN OR LOSE. I'll respect the Rams players" instead of the proclamatory "WIN OR LOSE. Respect to the Rams players." I wouldn't mind. The former refers to Alice's opinion of the situations. The latter is telling me what to think about the situation. Grammatically, It comes off as antagonistic.

Hmmm.

Ok. Choose your grammar.

My point is simple.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Uncle Si":nor5oahd said:
Id argue it wasnt brutal. People are on two specific sides of a divisive argument and holding their opinions.

Alice diesnt like that people in here arent supporting her team and calling into question that teams win.

The debate has been fine. Alice has taken the debate as a personal affront, which is silly. The Rams are not her and she is not the Rams.

Noone said they didnt like her, held her responsible or chastised her. Moreso, noone disagreed that she should support her team. Some have disagreed with how shes doing that on here.

Its not some breakdown in internet civility. Its a football board.

Sometimes its Like a big family dinner. Sometimes its a recess playground.

Its sure as shit not 18th century political discourse. Nor was it ever.

Alice is no less respected here than ever. Shes good people. This was just a contentious moment

Best thing said.

chris98251

Reaction score
Because you have been a good friend and a valued member I hope for you this Super Bowl is everything you want, in a normal year I would root for the Rams as well. This year I have no horse in the race for all the reasons you have seen posted that are about the play.

Enjoy your day RedAlice, you have EARNED THE RIGHT TO ENJOY YOUR SEASON, you are not responsible for what happened and should feel great for all the hardships being worth while today.

hawkpride

Reaction score
Alice,

Though it didn't work out, be happy, sometimes the journey is better then the end...….

At least your guys got there!

Cheers

Fade

Reaction score
Alice is one of the best rival fan posters on .NET.

I would just like to see her keep posting about the Rams and the NFC West.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I feel for you tonight. I was cheering for the Rams who let me down. Now Brady owns the HOF.
About this topic...Dont sweat it lady.
You're a fine contributor. I dont doubt you're an even better individual in person. You're a long time rival poster who has shown more tolerance and respect than many here... myself included.
And yes Alice. Some of us have changed as posters. To get into it would probably lock this thread.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Fade":bjdf23f2 said:
Alice is one of the best rival fan posters on .NET.

I would just like to see her keep posting about the Rams and the NFC West.
I agree..
Tough loss Alice..We know how it feels and feel for you really..

Marvin49

Reaction score
Don't sweat this thread Alice. Its just the way it works.

Sadly I've also been here under both situations: Fan of a 'hawk rival on this board when my team is good and when my team is bad.

The venom is different. When they are good you must be pounded into submission for not seeing and exaggerating every flaw in your team. If you don't, you are blind and a homer. If you don't say, "yes, my team sucks" and propagate the hope of the team supported by the board, you are seen as a different person who is trolling.

When the team sucks, its a much kinder place to be because there is no threat. You are a happy person to talk with because you make no insistence that your team might just be good and nobody attacks flaws you don't point out because they honestly don't care that much. You and your team are frankly irrelevant.

Now before peeps on this site get upset with me, that isn't a slam on this board or its members, that's just simple human nature. ALL boards are like that. All fans to some extent are like that. Its just a part of hanging out on another teams forum.

At some point the Niners will likely be good again, and I'm sure people I have civilized conversations with now will become a bit less ambivalent to my presence. :)

Its all good. Nature of the Beast.

As for the SB, sorry about that Alice. That must have been tough to watch.

Boycie

Reaction score
Marvin49":26zey7p9 said:

Sadly I've also been here under both situations: Fan of a 'hawk rival on this board when my team is good and when my team is bad.

The venom is different. When they are good you must be pounded into submission for not seeing and exaggerating every flaw in your team. If you don't, you are blind and a homer. If you don't say, "yes, my team sucks" and propagate the hope of the team supported by the board, you are seen as a different person who is trolling.

When the team sucks, its a much kinder place to be because there is no threat. You are a happy person to talk with because you make no insistence that your team might just be good and nobody attacks flaws you don't point out because they honestly don't care that much. You and your team are frankly irrelevant.

Now before peeps on this site get upset with me, that isn't a slam on this board or its members, that's just simple human nature. ALL boards are like that. All fans to some extent are like that. Its just a part of hanging out on another teams forum.

At some point the Niners will likely be good again, and I'm sure people I have civilized conversations with now will become a bit less ambivalent to my presence. :)

At least Marvin get's it.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":3lnav4xs said:

Bleeping bleep, Marvin, she started this thread.

I like Alice, don't get me wrong, but NO ONE on this board starts more threads in which they are the subject than Alice. I seriously think she has an inferiority complex. That's why I've avoided them for the most part.

You're on an opposing forum, Marvin, no one is going to kiss your team's ass. Stop playing the goddamn victim card.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":ot0xu7ak said:
Marvin49":ot0xu7ak said:

I like Alice, don't get me wrong, but NO ONE on this board starts more threads in which they are the subject than Alice. I seriously think she has an inferiority complex. That's why I've avoided them for the most part.

You're on an opposing forum, Marvin, no one is going to kiss your team's ass. Stop playing the goddamn victim card.

LOL.

If you read my post and came away thinking I was playing the victim card, you missed the point entirely. The entire point of the post was that this kind of ribbing is the nature of the beast on ANY forum, it's simple human nature, and not to sweat it.

How you spun that to be "playing the victim card" is beyond me. It's like you had to go out of yer way to be offended. LOL.

The bolded part is my favorite though. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":fpp54hxi said:
Marvin49":fpp54hxi said:

I beg to differ, some fans are just saltier than others.

At no time during the Harbaugh era did I ever try to exaggerate flaws in the 49ers, and neither did a lot of Seahawks fans.

We saw ONE flaw.

Kaepernick.

That was your flaw, and 49ers fans, denied, denied, denied, denied, denied... until the NFL adjusted to the read options and everyone in the NFL could defend it. That's what sank your entire team and got your coach run out of town. And then once Harbs was gone and no longer covering the flaws of your QB, everyone got to see what that QB really was.

We had the opposite situation here in Seattle, where we had a fantastic QB that was being held back by the system (and some could argue, still is).

There were knowledgeable 49ers fans that always saw the truth just as there were knowledgeable Seahawks fans who always saw it.

No one ever denied the greatness of that 49er team... the defense was insane, that LB core with Willis, Bowman, Brooks, and Smith was one of the best in NFL history, IMO. We harped on the one flaw because we knew we were right.

I'm ever so grateful that the 49ers benched Alex Smith, let me tell you. Because, as you could tell in later years, the Alex Smith game was the way to beat the LOB -- dink dunk dink dunk run Gore dink dunk run Gore... et.

That's why the Alex Smith 49ers owned us. Kaepernick couldn't. Smith was like 6 -2 against the Seahawks or something like that. Krapper was 1 - 7. Kaepernick gave you an advantage against teams that weren't athletic enough to defend the run option, but against teams like Seattle, you needed an actual QB.

So on that major bone of contention, this forum was right and webzone was absolutely wrong. We had the better QB.

ding ding

And fact is, Rams gonna be salty because they just figured out the exact same thing.

Seattle still has the better QB.

Luckily for everyone in the NFC West this coaching staff will continue squandering away his career.... lol

I think you are reading too much into my comment and applying it to specifically to Seattle/SF. I was speaking more in generalities. My point was that fans of apposing teams concentrate so much on the thing on the other team that gives them hope (your pass D sucks, your QB is a choker, you can't run the ball, you have no pass rush, etc, etc) and the issue becomes so big in coversation that it seems to block out everything that is good on the team. The reason being that the team you are talking about is a threat.

Conversely when your team sucks, people don't care to argue specific spots that suck and don't really argue it at all.

The different is relevancy and threat. If you aren't a threat, people don't care. That's it.

The Kap debate BTW is a very long one but I really disagree with your assessment of the league figuring out the read option and that being the reason he flamed out.

IMO, the problem is that the 49ers moved AWAY from the read option which is why he struggled so badly. They tried to make him something he wasn't, a drop back pocket passer. He was never going to be that and the harder they tried to turn him into that, the further he regressed. It started in 2013. The moved away from the Read Option in a big way, as did the Redskins.

Now I watch the Ravens and everyone is like "how can you stop Lamar Jackson?!". The freakin OC in Baltimore is Greg Roman, the same OC of the 49ers during the Harbaugh run. Its the same damn offense.

Anyway, doesn't really matter. Point was all along that the way posters from other teams are treated has a direct correlation to who they root for, and that the same EVERYWHERE. Its normal. Its a part of the deal in posting on that site to begin with and there is no use moaning about it. It just is.

No biggy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":3oy82ucu said:
Marvin49":3oy82ucu said:

I think your wrong, I am sure she has a different view point then we do, it's being in a family versus a guest a someones house on thanks giving, you as a guest see the dysfunction while they all look at it as normal, roles reversed you see the same stuff.

49ers were a great team missing one component as stated, what they could have done with say a Wilson, a Prescott maybe or a Rivers would have been very impressive I think. Kaep wasn't bad as much as he wasn't good enough.

The Rams were in above their heads I think mentally, the show was bigger then the game to them, understandable for a first year team in the playoffs after years of not even sniffing the playoffs. Throw in the Patriots as the opponent who you know if your not pulling away from and winning that feeling of forboding has to creep up on you, what are they going to do to pull this off.

The defense played each other to a stalemate from what I was reading and McDaniels pulled a scheme out they had not even practiced for the game but used against the Cheifs, big package with a spread effect and things started clicking then. As McVay said he was out coached, not a lot of shame in that considering who is on the other sideline, doesn't take away the hurt and or pain felt, but there is a reason Belichek has 8 Super Bowl rings as a coach or an assistant. Find it soothing as well that Bill trusts his OC to adjust, he credits McDaniels excusivly for coming up with the package.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
This loss was obviously not what I wanted.

But oddly not bad the way I thought it would be if Rams lost.

I was more upset last year. This year feels good.

Anyway....

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Goff is the only reason they lost. Must suck for him. He choked so hard.