All 22 request regarding Macdonald Defense

BASF

Reaction score
Unfortunately I had to let my All 22 access go this past season, so I have a request of someone who still has it. I have seen several posters here claiming that the Macdonald defense shut down McVay's offense this season. However, I have pointed out before that the Rams scored twenty-nine offensive points against them, for the second highest total that the Ravens allowed. It was almost a touchdown more than the Rams averaged on the season, so they had a good day offensively. They had five scoring drives that were more than fifty yards each. My impression while watching the game live on the second screen, so with divided attention, was that the drives ended up in field goals instead of touchdowns mostly because Stafford missed throws more than anything. Can anyone take a look at the three drives that stalled and see if the Ravens D stepped up and made plays because Macdonald had them in position to stop them?

ivotuk

Reaction score
What Makes Mike Macdonald a GREAT Head Coach Choice

Ravens Wired: Mike Macdonald Mic’d Up in Ravens Training Camp Practice

HOW MIKE MACDONALD & THE RAVENS ARE CONTROLLING NFL OFFENSES - WK 7 FILM STUDY

ivotuk

Reaction score
Absolutely. I don't have all 22, nor the expertise to evaluate it, but I can sure find the hell out of others hard work!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Not all 22 but I remember seeing this after the Ravens took us a part and as tough as it was, appreciating the simulated pressure. What got my attention was that it felts to me like this defensive call was specifically designed to use against the TE in the backfield formation we were using.

https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1722048011080016337?s=20

Last edited:

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of posts flying around, so I get if people missed them...but I did have a couple of these videos posted in this thread already here...

Mizak

Reaction score
Damn, so our DL are gonna have to drop in coverage in order for this to happen. Gonna take the whole offseason for Jones and Williams to get this down.