Am I a bad Seahawks fan if...

sutz

Reaction score
Meh, once the Hawks are out, have at it. Personally, I don't watch much of the playoffs if the Hawks aren't in them.

But you do you. :irishdrinkers:

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":1yamdcbw said:
The 49ers play a brand of ball that has lots in common with the Seahawks approach to the game, and there has been a lot of cross-pollination between the two franchises in terms of coaches and players. (Pete Carroll is a product of Bill Walsh's mentorship) I've enjoyed my interactions with most of the 49er fans in the NFL Nation forum, and I just don't see the need to put energy into "hating" any one team or fanbase.

The 49ers play an appealing, run-oriented smash-mouth style of football and have that terrific D-Line that pressures and sacks opposing QBs. They have some players I just have to admire for their skills, heart, and toughness. Kittle, Deebo, Bosa, Armstead, Greenlaw, among others. I confess I might root just a little for JimmyG to do well and NOT screw it up beyond repair. I still remember that brilliant pick Dre Greenlaw had off Russell Wilson. I've always admired the Shanahan coaching/playing style, going back to papa Mike and the Elway Broncos and their big-time running game with Terrell Davis that finally broke through and won a Super Bowl, and Kyle brings elements of that to his coaching.

Seahawks are out; let's celebrate good football where we see it, and both Rams and 49ers have played some great ball to get where they are, in the NFCCG.

We've seen so much of the Rams and their rise, and have to admire a lot of their players and coaching too. Pete Carroll agrees, having brough Shane Waldon over as our new OC. That Rams D... as good as I've seen in the NFL the last few years. And how can you not love Cooper Kupp? OK, if you're a Bucs fan the Kupp love might be limited right now.

Very good post :2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Go AFC. Honestly, I've never been less excited about AFC/NFC Championship games. Meh.
Tip of the cap to the Niners and Rams, they got some work done.

xray

Reaction score
I'm a NFL fan 1st and foremost , then the Hawks , then the division . One of our division foes will be in the SB . Good for them .

nutluck

Reaction score
themunn":1qwzhkqo said:
nutluck":1qwzhkqo said:
Honestly I never got the you must hate the other teams in your division. Personally I always hope a NFCW team wins the SB, just to show it is the best division in football.

As long as it's not the Rams!

We swept the Niners this year so I'll be able to take a small amount of solace from that if they do win it all.

But I'd much rather see the Bengals win it all this year over anyone else.

I am actually a Rams fan as well. I use to have the Rams as my NFC team and the Hawks as my AFC team. Then the NFL had to not only move the Hawks into the NFC but in the same division as the Rams. I wasn't happy about that but oh well now I just like both teams.

nutluck

Reaction score
xray":2yzn5z77 said:
I'm a NFL fan 1st and foremost , then the Hawks , then the division . One of our division foes will be in the SB . Good for them .

This, though I am both a Hawks fan and Rams fan but otherwise this is how I feel.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
At least you were a Rams fan way back, instead of the new Rams "fans" that come out of the woodwork.
And it really comes down to one thing, fan how you want. That goes for anyone. Some fun ribbing back and forth is good, no harm in that. I might hate the Rams and the Niners, but they have been damn impressive in the playoffs.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
sutz":31x264t6 said:
Meh, once the Hawks are out, have at it. Personally, I don't watch much of the playoffs if the Hawks aren't in them.

But you do you. :irishdrinkers:
This is me as well. I'll peak at/follow a bit of the games, but the playoffs are not appointment viewing if the 'Hawks aren't playing.

nutluck":31x264t6 said:
I am actually a Rams fan as well. I use to have the Rams as my NFC team and the Hawks as my AFC team. Then the NFL had to not only move the Hawks into the NFC but in the same division as the Rams. I wasn't happy about that but oh well now I just like both teams.
I was similar in that the Niners were my NFC team, Seattle AFC... but I just dropped the Niners as soon as Seattle was moved. Raiders are my AFC team now but only because I love going to Vegas.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think the NFC Championship matters, not after watching the Chiefs Bills game last night.

I know it's the NFL, and anything can happen. But damn did it look like we were watching who was going to win the Lombardi last night.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely doesn't make one a bad fan for rooting for a divisional rival since we are already out of it. I don't have "HATE" for the 9ers like I did during the Kaep/Harbaugh Era (that was epic rivalry days btw)...I too appreciate their style, good players...Good system, play their hearts out win or lose...

Sign me up as one who roots on our division to win it all if we are eliminated.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2idjgi15 said:
I don't think the NFC Championship matters, not after watching the Chiefs Bills game last night.

I know it's the NFL, and anything can happen. But damn did it look like we were watching who was going to win the Lombardi last night.

Agreed. I felt the same way. Cincy isn't touching the Chiefs - Cincy didn't deserve to win that game. Still wish Bills would have won tho.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Most of you must be better people than me. I can't stand the Rams or the 49ers. I'm happy when they lose, not just when they lose to the Seahawks. If either one of them wins the Super Bowl it doesn't automatically make the Seahawks any better just based on the fact that they are divisional foes.

There are individual players I like on both teams but not enough to become a fan. I will forever wish that the Seahawks had drafted Cooper Kupp. I will watch the game and hope for a good one. I'll probably feel good about whoever loses and root for the AFC team to win it all.

I just can't turn off the hate I feel for rival teams no matter who they are.

But hey, you all do you!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3200dr0i said:
Most of you must be better people than me. I can't stand the Rams or the 49ers. I'm happy when they lose, not just when they lose to the Seahawks. If either one of them wins the Super Bowl it doesn't automatically make the Seahawks any better just based on the fact that they are divisional foes.

There are individual players I like on both teams but not enough to become a fan. I will forever wish that the Seahawks had drafted Cooper Kupp. I will watch the game and hope for a good one. I'll probably feel good about whoever loses and root for the AFC team to win it all.

I just can't turn off the hate I feel for rival teams no matter who they are.

But hey, you all do you!

And the beauty of it all my friend is that your take is no better or worse than the opposite. It's all good either way and doesn't make ANY of us lesser fans.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I still remember watching Kupp torch the Montana teams in his college days, and wishing the Hawks would take him, thinking he would go on to do well in the NFL.

How can you not have a small part of your heart that says that Stafford deserves a chance after all he put up with in Detroit?

I can't root for the Niners, except when they are continuing their post-season domination of Green Bay.

KC? Wouldn't be the worst. They have had a lot of success lately, and Mahomes is going to have multiple more chances to build his ring portfolio.

Cinci? Meh.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i also root for divisional teams, whether mlb, nfl football, pac-12 football, etc..

this week, 49ers and Rams put on defensive clinics... rams could have won their game, going away

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Again, fan how you want. Nobody can tell you who to pull for or not pull for. Sports hate is great, it's all part of it.

rjdriver

Reaction score
One net positive if the Rams win..

Sean McVay's head would explode and we wouldn't have to deal with him moving forward.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams are still climbing the ladder, mistakes are lacking killer instinct and mental lapses, Bucs are seasoned and were playing for it all laying it all out there. Rams were dominating and let up almost. I don't think that happens against the 49ers for two reasons, the game taught the Rams something about finishing, they are also playing a division rival. Stafford is learning playoff football also and I think stepped into the shoes he needs to and will be more focused and less in awe of being there.

49ers need health and Jimmy to play his best football to push the Rams if they keep it together.

LTH

Reaction score
Welshers":321je012 said:
I'm kind of pulling for the 49ers to win it all? I hate their fans as much as anybody but the guys on their team are honestly pretty likeable. We already own them head to head anyway. Plus I think it would be funny if they decided they had to keep Jimmy because they won it all. Would be good for us. Plus they would get the last pick in the draft.

Noooo... football is football. Your should only hate them when they beat us... LOL in some ways they are a lot like the Seahawks parts of there scheming.. so it's interesting for me to watch them.

LTH