Am I the only one

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks the Niners stand a good shot of losing their next two games in a row at Baltimore and New Orleans, opening the door for our Seahawks to be sitting number 1 and hosting some post season play??

Come 10am tomorrow I will be shamelessly rooting for Lamar Jackson to set all kinds of new records!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Nope you’re not alone. I think it’s highly likely that they lose both.

Rat

Reaction score
You'd be a lot closer to alone if you thought the opposite. It's a Hawks fan site; most would pick 2 Ls if their next two were the Jets and Lions.

I'll guess a split. They're legitimately good, but that's a brutal back-to-back.

SE174

Reaction score
I don't think they'll lose to the Saints... they've been struggling a little the last few weeks.

But Baltimore is a bad matchup for them. LJ and the Ravens will run the ball all day against them, and have the defense to rattle Jimmy who's shown he can't throw with any accuracy under duress. Ravens by 14.

kf3339

Reaction score
No, you're not the only one who had thought they could lose the next two games. A perfect world would give us that result. But it matters only if our Hawks take care of business on their end with the Vikings and Rams as well. That is not a given either.

Personally, I hope we sweep the remaining schedule and are 14-2 at the end of the regular season. That gives us no worse than a 2nd and possibly a 1st place for HFA for the playoffs.

I don't like putting too much hope in what other teams will do anymore. Not with how badly the refs are deciding too many games right now.

James in PA

Reaction score
SE174":xs01uy4j said:
I don't think they'll lose to the Saints... they've been struggling a little the last few weeks.

But Baltimore is a bad matchup for them. LJ and the Ravens will run the ball all day against them, and have the defense to rattle Jimmy who's shown he can't throw with any accuracy under duress. Ravens by 14.
Assuming the Hawks take care of their own businesses, this would be a great scenario for the Hawks. We’re talking likely #1 seed in the NFC if things were to play out this way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
James in PA":1wuo522o said:
SE174":1wuo522o said:

Assuming the Hawks take care of their own businesses, this would be a great scenario for the Hawks. We’re talking likely #1 seed in the NFC if things were to play out this way!

We would be sitting at #1 seed and in control of our own destiny if the digits lost to Baltimore and beat the Aints.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I want the Ravens to beat the 49ers, but I don't want Lamar to have another MVP performance. Just do enough to win.

:stirthepot:

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I don't see them losing to the Saints, the Saints are overrated imo

Washington49er

Reaction score
Not sure about Baltimore game but I think the Saints like the Packers are overrated this season. I do worry about the zebras against Breez, you breath too hard on him and out come the flags.

RW92

Reaction score
All in all I think the 49er's lose tomorrow, but have a chance against the Saints. I just hope Clowney is o.k. The pass rush will take a hit without him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Like others, I think the 49ers split, most likely lose to the Ravens, and beat the Saints.
Niners have been a good road team this year. But, I think it's one thing to see Jackson on film, and read about him, and a totally different thing to play against him and experience how fast, strong, elusive, and slippery he really is. You can scheme for him, but then Jackson beats the player who is supposed to account for him so much of the time. I'm not ruling out the idea that the 49ers athletic D plus a great game plan could for the first time provide a blueprint for stopping LJ, I just don't expect it to happen in this game.

Brees is not an especially mobile QB so I see the Niners D and pass rush causing problems for the Saints. Saints will win if they are +2 on turnovers plus special teams big plays, like they did to the Hawks. So Niners could drop both games without it being a huge surprise.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":26st1ssu said:
James in PA":26st1ssu said:
SE174":26st1ssu said:

We would be sitting at #1 seed and in control of our own destiny if the digits lost to Baltimore and beat the Aints.

They are in control of their own destiny now and get #1 if win out

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Smellyman":28d3dovl said:
Sox-n-Hawks":28d3dovl said:
James in PA":28d3dovl said:
SE174":28d3dovl said:

If the Saints win out wouldn't they have #1 because of Head to Head?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":nsxag64k said:
Smellyman":nsxag64k said:
Sox-n-Hawks":nsxag64k said:
James in PA":nsxag64k said:

If the Saints win out wouldn't they have #1 because of Head to Head?

You're right. I thought Saints had 3 losses now

Reaction score
If the two games were played the other way around, I'd pick the 49ers to beat the Saints and lose to the Ravens.

However, because it's the Ravens game tomorrow, that changes the dynamic. I think the 49ers will lose that game and the result will be damaging to their confidence and therefore, I think they stand a much bigger chance of losing to the Saints. At the moment, the Ravens aren't just beating teams, they're making them look clueless and every team who has lost to them recently comes away with a hangover. I think the 49ers will struggle with the running game and Jackson's movement too, just like they did against the Seahawks and Cardinals, so I think it could get messy for them. I don't like Garoppolo against the Ravens defence either.

Put simply, I'd rather play the 49ers coming off a 15+ point loss to the Ravens than a 29 point win against the Packers. I'm sure the Saints will benefit from that too, so whilst I think the 49ers/Saints is 60/40 on paper, it may well swing the other way following a heavy defeat.

James in PA

Reaction score
Our remaining schedule is no cakewalk, but the Niners have to play at the Ravens, at the Saints and at the Seahawks. Geez! Might as well throw in at the Patriots!

In fact, please do!
;)

HawkGA

Reaction score
I suspect they'll lose one of those games but not both. Good teams tend not to lose two games in a row. But they are both on the road, so we'll see.

olyfan63

Reaction score
BoltonWanderer":2xvqlt0q said:
-snip-
However, because it's the Ravens game tomorrow, that changes the dynamic. I think the 49ers will lose that game and the result will be damaging to their confidence and therefore, I think they stand a much bigger chance of losing to the Saints. At the moment, the Ravens aren't just beating teams, they're making them look clueless and every team who has lost to them recently comes away with a hangover. I think the 49ers will struggle with the running game and Jackson's movement too, just like they did against the Seahawks and Cardinals, so I think it could get messy for them. I don't like Garoppolo against the Ravens defence either.
-snip-
so whilst I think the 49ers/Saints is 60/40 on paper, it may well swing the other way following a heavy defeat.

Some solid points in there. I don't know if the numbers are out yet for a "Ravens hangover", but I recall several seasons where teams would underperform, badly, the week after playing the Seahawks. I don't think it's a "confidence" thing, but rather a "physical beating" factor, that there are more injuries, and fewer players playing at their best. With the Ravens being such a physical team, I can totally see a "Ravens hangover" being a thing. Anyone got stats/data on teams this year having a "Ravens game hangover"?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":ewr8jck1 said:
Nope you’re not alone. I think it’s highly likely that they lose both.
Oh, come on. HIGHLY LIKELY they lose both? That's just wishful thinking. I think it's a coin toss that they'll lose one of those games.

Latest posts