Amarius Mims

CactusJack

Reaction score
If you like freaks, you'll like Mims.

He probably would've been a top 5-10 pick next year, had he stayed in school.

Given the status of Abe's knee, grabbing Mims might be too good to pass up.

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
Don't we need a guard more than another tackle? Although a possible replacement for Lucas makes sense also.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Mims is a friggin' sicko body-wise. That's a lab-built tackle. I haven't watched much tape, but I'm worried about his leverage and footwork if he's got THOSE measurables and isn't a top-5 lock.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
Mims is a friggin' sicko body-wise. That's a lab-built tackle. I haven't watched much tape, but I'm worried about his leverage and footwork if he's got THOSE measurables and isn't a top-5 lock.
He's not a top 5 lock because he has limited experience. Only one year as a starter. Just 8 starts due to an injury, this past season. But his film is rather impressive. He's a former 5 star recruit. Who sat behind Broderick Jones. The guy has sky high potential. You don't see guys his size move like that.

You're kind of taking a gamble with his limited experience. But it could pay off in a big way. Scouts believe he could play either Tackle spot at a very high level. The name Tyron Smith gets thrown around with him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
If can be developed as a tackle only, Mims is just to big to play inside.
If the rumors about Abe are true, then it makes all the sense in the world. Mims is an elite Tackle prospect with tremendous upside.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
We have guys that can slide to Guard, in fact many RT and LT types in the draft are drafted with the eye on them playing guard anyway due to any number of limitations for playing Tackle but would excel at Guard in the NFL.

Latest posts