Amazing game by Russell Wilson today

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
He was really dialed in today, so accurate. I don't think one pass was off target today... at least I dont recall one. :irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
GeekHawk":irrvf7gt said:
IndyHawk":irrvf7gt said:
He game managed well..It's what he's paid to do.

If you're not being facetious, then this is an all-time stupid post.
Actually, quarterbacks are paid to "manage" games. ;)

Palmegranite

Reaction score
GeekHawk":37ollyni said:
IndyHawk":37ollyni said:

You could go back and read some of the previous posts, before you judge this one all-time stupid. Just saying..

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Even more impressive, is that Lockett dropped one, and there were about 2-3 passes to Metcalf that was clear miscommunication. That'll get cleaned up. Seriously, Russell played a masterful game. :irishdrinkers:

And, his time to throw was under 2 seconds today. So that answers the question about whether he can "See over the line." If there's a lack of quick passes, that is on the coordinator.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Palmegranite":1rtiycto said:
GeekHawk":1rtiycto said:
IndyHawk":1rtiycto said:

You could go back and read some of the previous posts, before you judge this one all-time stupid. Just saying..

True! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Although, he still hasn't made posts stupid enough to land on my Foe list. That "honor" is reserved for the utmost of the utmost. :irishdrinkers:

Sugarrayjay

Reaction score
I've been a fan of this site for years. And a Seahawks fan since 86. But its genuinely hard listening to some of the rubbish that gets spouted on here. As a british hawks fan I genuinely feel like some US fans just dont get football. All I see every week, every season is people moaning because we dont look like the Patriots lol. We have the second best coach in the league. With his own game plan. Tonight was pretty much a perfect example of it. Plah safe, exploit openings, keep.it close until the 4th. Another win. 2 and 0. Stop crying all the fake fans who want 30 point blowouts lol that's not Seahawks football.

Fade

Reaction score
I think worth pointing out is how much he was hit and hurried at the beginning, most QBs are shell shocked and it effects them the rest of the game. Wilson was unfazed, that is such a rare trait, and is his best gift.

Tical has to eat some crow on this one as well. Russ carved up their zone defense with quick, accurate passes. Something supposedly he couldn't do, and is why they have to run the ball so much, to mask Wilson's supposed deficiency.

My argument has been is he is more than capable, but Pete doesn't like to drink and dunk, and their offense at times is so rigid and straightforward that it makes it very difficult for all 11 players on the field, but especially the QB.

Wilson thrives in the quick game, it is just a question of coach wanting to do it or not.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Fade":298st7z5 said:
I think worth pointing out is how much he was hit and hurried at the beginning, most QBs are shell shocked and it effects them the rest of the game. Wilson was unfazed, that is such a rare trait, and is his best gift.

Tical has to eat some crow on this one as well. Russ carved up their zone defense with quick, accurate passes. Something supposedly he couldn't do, and is why they have to run the ball so much, to mask Wilson's supposed deficiency.

My argument has been is he is more than capable, but Pete doesn't like to drink and dunk, and their offense at times is so rigid and straightforward that it makes it very difficult for all 11 players on the field, but especially the QB.

Wilson thrives in the quick game, it is just a question of coach wanting to do it or not.
Great post. Threw accurately over the middle today (thought he was too short to see that area). And your point about him being unfazed was excellent

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sugarrayjay":mgovfy4k said:
I've been a fan of this site for years. And a Seahawks fan since 86. But its genuinely hard listening to some of the rubbish that gets spouted on here. As a british hawks fan I genuinely feel like some US fans just dont get football. All I see every week, every season is people moaning because we dont look like the Patriots lol. We have the second best coach in the league. With his own game plan. Tonight was pretty much a perfect example of it. Plah safe, exploit openings, keep.it close until the 4th. Another win. 2 and 0. Stop crying all the fake fans who want 30 point blowouts lol that's not Seahawks football.

I myself was sitting in a Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game today and was befuddled by dozens of Hawks fans standing up to applaud and cheer over...our run defense stuffing a run after 4 yards.

John63

Reaction score
You know its funny. In the game thread Wilson blamed for every sack, the fumble by carson on the hand off not running. So unfortunately there will e some who will always blame him. Despite the FACTS showing otherwise.

doso

Reaction score
Fade":1l49nqva said:

Agreed! And even after the helmet to helmet he’s up and at it again! No time to complain, just moves on from the last play! It’s always the next one! That definitely factors in to the win mentality. And he runs when he has to as well! But that first slide was a close call :shock:

D

DomeHawk

No way we win those two game without him. Russ is a great QB, like I said last week, without him we are just a middle-of-the-road team with a good linebacking corp.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
doso":3b9cvykv said:
Fade":3b9cvykv said:

Agreed! And even after the helmet to helmet he’s up and at it again! No time to complain, just moves on from the last play! It’s always the next one! That definitely factors in to the win mentality. And he runs when he has to as well! But that first slide was a close call :shock:

That slide was scare-y. The dude is an an iron man. One thing is for sure, had that been Ben he would have been milking it and limping around the rest of the game.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
John63":3a4alss3 said:
You know its funny. In the game thread Wilson blamed for every sack, the fumble by carson on the hand off not running. So unfortunately there will e some who will always blame him. Despite the FACTS showing otherwise.

You are just lying now. Most the blame in game thread was on Ifedi and o line sucking.

Some people said a cpl sacks he could of avoided.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Fade":239l8zdb said:

It should be since he’s been the most sacked quarterback in the NFL since 2012.

Russ is amazing. :irishdrinkers:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3tdbnq1d said:
John63":3tdbnq1d said:

You are just lying now. Most the blame in game thread was on Ifedi and o line sucking.

Barely, even that. This one was on Ifedi and Fluker.

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":9vderdz5 said:
John63":9vderdz5 said:

No I am not, I did not say everyone blamed him but some did blame him for every sack, so sorry but it's a fact. When you say he has to get rid of the ball on a sack your ate blaming him. If you say he showed have avoided that sacknthatnis blaming him. Sorry if the truth bothers you but that is the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.