Amazing game by Russell Wilson today

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGruff

Reaction score
John63":c1qovnoq said:
McGruff":c1qovnoq said:
You think your stats make you obliviecient, but they don't.

What ever you say. Admin

When he got to the other side, he climbed a hill and sat down, surrounded by his disciples.

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":3qju4py7 said:
John63":3qju4py7 said:
McGruff":3qju4py7 said:

What ever you say. Admin

When he got to the other side, he climbed a hill and sat down, surrounded by his disciples.

Yeah you may be an admin but your not the messiah.

erik2690

Reaction score
Tical21":27ncb88j said:
Fact. Holds the ball longer than anyone. Verifiable. Fact. Always near the top of the league in sacks. If you were to try to decipher if someone had trouble reading zone coverages, aren’t those EXACTLY what you would look at?

Where are these FACTS you keep bragging about providing?

Wait why would those stats be more relevant than things like Passer Rating against zone coverage? LOL. Sacks can happen in zone or man. The passer rating stat cited is specific to the thing you're talking about. I can't see how that wouldn't be more relevant.

erik2690

Reaction score
McGruff":21x5dw8f said:

What is this word supposed to be b/c I don't think that's a word. And no you don't get to be a top10 worst rushing attack in the history of the league b/c your HOF trajectory QB played slightly less efficient football. That's not how that blame works at all.

John63

Reaction score
erik2690":1804k2lt said:
McGruff":1804k2lt said:

What is this word supposed to be b/c I don't think that's a word. And no you don't get to be a top10 worst rushing attack in the history of the league b/c your HOF trajectory QB played slightly less efficient football. That's not how that blame works at all.

Its not, but I figured why bother.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
erik2690":3dwa0wod said:
Tical21":3dwa0wod said:
Fact. Holds the ball longer than anyone. Verifiable. Fact. Always near the top of the league in sacks. If you were to try to decipher if someone had trouble reading zone coverages, aren’t those EXACTLY what you would look at?

Wait why would those stats be more relevant than things like Passer Rating against zone coverage? LOL. Sacks can happen in zone or man. The passer rating stat cited is specific to the thing you're talking about. I can't see how that wouldn't be more relevant.
Sacks is not one of the components of passer rating. It couldn't be less relevant in a discussion about sacks.

erik2690

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":341idum7 said:
erik2690":341idum7 said:
Tical21":341idum7 said:

Sacks is not one of the components of passer rating. It couldn't be less relevant in a discussion about sacks.

I feel like you've missed something b/c your comment doesn't make sense. Tical is through this thread arguing Wilson doesn't do good against zone coverages. Someone posted a stat that Wilson had the highest passer rating against zone coverage of any QB in the league, seems pretty relevant to a disscussion about if he's good against zone. Instead Tical says the stats that prove he's bad against zone are TTT and sacks. I'm saying both of those things happen against zone and man coverage so aren't really direct links at all to his point about zone coverage. However the passer rating stat cited earlier was specifically about vs. Zone coverage therefore more relevant. I was in no way saying that sacks were part of passer rating. So yeah, the overarching discussion was about zone coverage reading not sacks as you said. Tical is just saying that sacks being high is a stat that proves his point about Russ vs. zone, that's were the sacks talk came from.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow, glad I decided to stop banging my head against the wall trying to argue about Russ. Well, at least I'm trying to :lol:

It's not worth the effort. All a matter of opinion I guess. If people choose to no see how good this guy is and has been, you're not going to change their minds. It is what it is.

Tical21

Reaction score
erik2690":6lgguakf said:
Tical21":6lgguakf said:

Because let's say you drop back against zone 10 times. Take two sacks. Scramble and run twice. Scramble around for a while and throw two balls away. Hit two dumpoffs, and one goes for a touchdown. Throw two 50/50 balls to Lockett, one of which gets caught, the other goes incomplete. You're now 3/6 for 60 yards and have a league-leading passer rating of 125.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Tical21":337l2d6g said:
erik2690":337l2d6g said:
Tical21":337l2d6g said:

Because let's say you drop back against zone 10 times. Take two sacks. Scramble and run twice. Scramble around for a while and throw two balls away. Hit two dumpoffs, and one goes for a touchdown. Throw two 50/50 balls to Lockett, one of which gets caught, the other goes incomplete. You're now 3/6 for 60 yards and have a league-leading passer rating of 125.

Isn't this true for every quarterback? Wouldn't a QB that is good against zone not have so many non-factor plays, thus a higher rating?

What a strange hypothetical that doesn't actually prove anything.

McGruff

Reaction score
HawkStrong":2vitmw87 said:
Tical21":2vitmw87 said:
erik2690":2vitmw87 said:
Tical21":2vitmw87 said:

Isn't this true for every quarterback? Wouldn't a QB that is good against zone not have so many non-factor plays, thus a higher rating?

What a strange hypothetical that doesn't actually prove anything.

Passer rating isnt impacted by sacks or runs.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":2a86gkz2 said:

Bullshit!

Last year he was 3rd longest at 3.02, mostly due to extending plays and the lack of a short passing game and long developing routes they prefer to run. This year with them opening up the short passing game like most every other QB is being graded with...he has the fastest TT (time to throw) in the NFL!!! :177692:

Just stop with the too short, I'll find something bad in his game BS. :roll:

Attachments

• TT-2019.jpg
    TT-2019.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 158

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If he's running for his life AND trying to extend plays, isn't that naturally going to add to the time he "holds the ball" though? Just sayin

McGruff

Reaction score
Seymour":1z08yob1 said:
Tical21":1z08yob1 said:

Bullshit!

Last year he was 3rd longest at 3.02, mostly due to extending plays and the lack of a short passing game and long developing routes they prefer to run. This year with them opening up the short passing game like most every other QB is being graded with...he has the fastest TT (time to throw) in the NFL!!! :177692:

Against the Bengals in game one, Wilson was 27th by my count in time to throw.

Just saying let's see if this short passing attack is a one game wrinkle or a new development.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fingers, legs, toes and other stuff crossed that it IS going to be a trend. When he's getting thrashed back there in -2 seconds a play, go to that quick passing game. It resulted in 3 straight touchdown drives on Sunday.

McGruff

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1l9aepa4 said:
If he's running for his life AND trying to extend plays, isn't that naturally going to add to the time he "holds the ball" though? Just sayin

So would being slow to read zones make it more likely that the pressure gets there forcing him to run.

My perception is similar to Tical based on what I see with my eyes. But there is no way to quantify it.

Seymour

Reaction score
McGruff":nequnbam said:
Seymour":nequnbam said:
Tical21":nequnbam said:

Bullshit!

Against the Bengals in game one, Wilson was 27th by my count in time to throw.

Just saying let's see if this short passing attack is a one game wrinkle or a new development.

Doesn't matter!!

The point is, this is not as much on Wilson as being shoved down our throat by someone bent on finding fault as much as it is on play calling that goes against the league standards other QB's are being graded with.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not even worth the effort. The guy can't win, regardless how well has played his entire career. Let alone on Sunday.
Go Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts