And to think they haven't been to Seattle...

BillHawks

Reaction score
I'm probably completely making this up but aren't the Seahawks #2 or #3 in that same category?

OP
OP
PateratoWilson

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
BillHawks":2l45vo30 said:
I'm probably completely making this up but aren't the Seahawks #2 or #3 in that same category?

I love that you said this because when this whole season, hopefully, comes to fruition we can put this feather in our nest, too.

themunn

Reaction score
I think it's a fair observation, surely you should only have to play at most one game against a team that played on the previous Thursday and one game against a team immediately after its bye week, unless that simply isn't possible (though surely it is)

themunn

Reaction score
BillHawks":1bf9eak7 said:

The only team we've played (with the exception of Monday night football against the Rams) that has had a break of over 7 days before playing Seattle is Tampa Bay, so I think we can safely say we've not been discriminated against.

BillHawks

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":2zqleks9 said:
BillHawks":2zqleks9 said:

I love that you said this because when this whole season, hopefully, comes to fruition we can put this feather in our nest, too.

Yeah I just looked it up and I think we only have something like this once or twice. I could have sworn I read something on here complaining about that part of our schedule (at the beginning of the year).

OP
OP
PateratoWilson

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
BillHawks":1rvicj8w said:
PateratoWilson":1rvicj8w said:
BillHawks":1rvicj8w said:

Yeah I just looked it up and I think we only have something like this once or twice. I could have sworn I read something on here complaining about that part of our schedule (at the beginning of the year).

Yeah...but, whatever... it's a BS thing to complain about and it's about time we got our seat at the table...

:stirthepot:

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
If I remember right, I think it was last year that seemed to have the Hawks playing a bunch of teams coming off of long weeks or byes. Whether it had an impact or not, I'm happy to be past it now.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
A legit complaint and one more thing the NFL needs to account for in its scheduling algorithm, presuming of course, that competitive balance is important to the league.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think it's crap, just like I thought it was crap that we had more 10 am starts on the East Coast than the Niners did.

There isn't any logical reason they can't start those games later for the West Coast teams. It also seems unfair for Buffalo's opponents to get that extra time. I definately think it gives their opposition a competitive advantage due to just letting the other team rest up more days and feel better on the field.

jkitsune

Reaction score
This is a legitimate problem. OP made me think the Bills were complaining about travel time and start times, which would have been absurd given Seattle's experience, but I'd be pissed if other teams got an extra several days' rest and practice before playing us, too. I'm not convinced it makes a difference, as our experience here has been that a week off means coming out flat, but it's certainly unusual and there's reason to believe it could be a disadvantage.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Hawks46":39xbrklh said:
I think it's crap, just like I thought it was crap that we had more 10 am starts on the East Coast than the Niners did.

There isn't any logical reason they can't start those games later for the West Coast teams. It also seems unfair for Buffalo's opponents to get that extra time. I definately think it gives their opposition a competitive advantage due to just letting the other team rest up more days and feel better on the field.
Or an advantage if the teams suck after a long break. (Like us)

CHawks4L

Reaction score
A legit complaint, but one better issued at the beginning of the season when the schedules are released.

Complaining now comes off as an excuse or sour grapes.