Anthony Richardson game film vs Tennessee

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I used to think AR would be drafted past the 1st rd or any more especially after the combine which I am expecting he will be the most impressive of all the QBs. If the Hawks like him I would expect him at #5 it wouldn’t surprise me if he goes in the top 4. He has had a fair amount of throws where it is all arm with defender’s hanging on him a la Ben Rothiesburger

Chevy

Reaction score
I would prefer JT to focus on the prospect and not consider the scheme of the play so much. The prospect has no control over the play call/scheme, yet JT gets too caught up in it. It would make sense to evaluate an offensive coordinator with the scheme aspect, but not an individual offensive player.

Chevy

Reaction score
Here are a couple of Anthony Richardson's interviews. He seems really humble for such a highly recruited player. He seems to have learned from what he perceived as a good leader, then adjusted off it. You see how he doesn't throw anyone under the bus after a loss, and kind of owns it in front of the media. He talks about his teammates as brothers, and it doesn't come across as fake. This, for me is an great attribute for a highly touted QB.

Richardson didn't have an elite offensive talent around him, so I would take that into account to how his year played out.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
I want him with our 1st overall pick at #5....Unless it comes out, he has a pouty attitude like Cam Newton when things weren't going well during the game.

James in PA

Reaction score
I want him with our 1st overall pick at #5....Unless it comes out, he has a pouty attitude like Cam Newton when things weren't going well during the game.
I'd be happy with him at 5 too. Guy is a physical freak. The general consensus, as of now, is that he won't be one of the top 2 QB's taken. So if someone drafts him before 5, we are going to have some ridiculously good opinions that have no business falling to 5.

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
Just picture us taking him at 5, trading up from 20 and using the rest of our pics to get DL and OL help, signing a big time DL free agent or two, and then having AR sit behind Geno for a year, adding even more top picks in '24, and then watching AR light it up. That could be epic. Or they might pick a kicker. Who knows.

Chevy

Reaction score
We are loaded on the offensive side of the ball, and I think Richardson could start as a Rookie because of our talent. The offensive coordinator could provide a scheme that Richardson would be comfortable in as a big arm, runaway train.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's far from ready, and 5 would be a huge reach. If he's "trying to shut down the AR15" talk, then why does he wear the #15?

Watching that 2nd interview was tough. He kept reading off of some stat sheet or something, and making generic comments. His constantly drinking water and juice made me think of that candy commercial where someone asks an uncomfortable question, and you take a bite and chew, giving yourself time to think of a good answer.

I just don't think he's ever going to advance from where he is. If someone drafts him in the 1st round based on possibilities, they're making a huge mistake imho. I hope for the young man's sake that he proves me wrong, but he reminds me too much of past players with all kinds of physical talents that have ridden that talent all of their lives, and it's tough to change one's habits by the time you reach college.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
He's far from ready, and 5 would be a huge reach. If he's "trying to shut down the AR15" talk, then why does he wear the #15?

Watching that 2nd interview was tough. He kept reading off of some stat sheet or something, and making generic comments. His constantly drinking water and juice made me think of that candy commercial where someone asks an uncomfortable question, and you take a bite and chew, giving yourself time to think of a good answer.

I just don't think he's ever going to advance from where he is. If someone drafts him in the 1st round based on possibilities, they're making a huge mistake imho. I hope for the young man's sake that he proves me wrong, but he reminds me too much of past players with all kinds of physical talents that have ridden that talent all of their lives, and it's tough to change one's habits by the time you reach college.
Maybe he will choose a different jersey # once he gets to the NFL.

Your opinion sounds hyper judgmental for frivolous things. I would understand if he was throwing his teammates under-the-bus in the interview, and you called it out. IMO he took the game loss on the chin and didn't throw teammates or coaches under-the-bus during the post-game interview. Richardson's WRs are way below average for their conference.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
what a disaster taking this kid at 5 would be. JFC. the NFL is littered with the bodies of physical freaks that never make it because they came out too early.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
what a disaster taking this kid at 5 would be. JFC. the NFL is littered with the bodies of physical freaks that never make it because they came out too early.
Or because of poor coaching, playing too early, multiple coordinators and coaches or just being on a shitty team.

A lot of these college programs aren’t doing what’s in the best interest of the players. Ultimately they have to win games.

If a player like AR gets a chance to develop on a good team that is the best possible outcome for him.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Or because of poor coaching, playing too early, multiple coordinators and coaches or just being on a shitty team.

A lot of these college programs aren’t doing what’s in the best interest of the players. Ultimately they have to win games.

If a player like AR gets a chance to develop on a good team that is the best possible outcome for him.
I disagree. The best place for him to develop is playing college football, getting crucial reps, not sitting on the sideline watching and then being thrust into a high pressure situation that is leaps and bounds harder than college football. If college football is kicking your ass, increasing the difficulty and pressure 5X is not a recipe for success. you're just setting this poor kid up for failure.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I disagree. The best place for him to develop is playing college football, getting crucial reps, not sitting on the sideline watching and then being thrust into a high pressure situation that is leaps and bounds harder than college football. If college football is kicking your ass, increasing the difficulty and pressure 5X is not a recipe for success. you're just setting this poor kid up for failure.
The success rate of college QB's with just one year as a starter is very low.

Richardson needs experience. So this idea that's floating around of having him sit for a year or two & then he'll just magically become the next Pat Mahomes or Josh Allen over night, is fool's gold.

It took Allen two full years as a starter, before things started to click for him. He was very underwhelming prior to his third year. Mahomes was a starter for 2.5 years in college & was far more advanced than Richardson at this point.

Justin Fields was also better in college. Yet it's still been a struggle for him his first 2 years.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
When it comes to talking to the media, he is either a recipient of master's degree from M3 academy, or a natural leader with a smooth talking abilities. I like everything that he said, almost too good to be true.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score

Richardson needs experience. So this idea that's floating around of having him sit for a year or two & then he'll just magically become the next Pat Mahomes or Josh Allen over night, is fool's gold.

It took Allen two full years as a starter, before things started to click for him. He was very underwhelming prior to his third year. Mahomes was a starter for 2.5 years in college & was far more advanced than Richardson at this point.

Justin Fields was also better in college. Yet it's still been a struggle for him his first 2 years.
The success rate for QB’s is low across the board. In the right college system you may be better off getting the reps.

But if you’re mostly fixing poor mechanics from a college system I don’t see the advantage.

He’s 21. Give him some packages his RC year and NFL coaching.

Chevy

Reaction score

Backup/rookie QB nowadays don't get practice reps like they used to. So sitting any rookie QB for a year or more is not going to help him progress as a player. So, if he gets drafted by us I think he needs to get reps in practice and get game time during the season as a rookie.

Fields was better in college because he had a lot of NFL talent on his college team. Richardson was working with much lessor talent on offense. Fields was throwing to Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Jameson Williams, and Jaxon Smith-Njigbe...Wilsonm, Olave, Williams were all drafted in the 1st round and Jaxon Smith-Njibe is a projected 1st prospect in this draft.

Latest posts