QBs C.J. Stroud, Anthony Richardson to throw

ivotuk

Reaction score
QBs C.J. Stroud, Anthony Richardson to throw at 2023 NFL Scouting Combine; Bryce Young waiting for pro day

Ohio State's C.J. Stroud and Florida's Anthony Richardson will throw at the combine while Bryce Young will wait to throw for his Alabama pro day

Kentucky QB Will Levis will also be throwing at the combine, per Rapoport

Richardson throwing will probably jack up his draft value if he has a good showing. The guy scares me though. Trey Lance...

Rat

Reaction score
QBs C.J. Stroud, Anthony Richardson to throw at 2023 NFL Scouting Combine; Bryce Young waiting for pro day

Ohio State's C.J. Stroud and Florida's Anthony Richardson will throw at the combine while Bryce Young will wait to throw for his Alabama pro day

Kentucky QB Will Levis will also be throwing at the combine, per Rapoport

Richardson throwing will probably jack up his draft value if he has a good showing. The guy scares me though. Trey Lance...
This isn't Trey Lance; Richardson has played plenty. There are concerns with him, but that's not a good comparison.

CactusJack

Reaction score
This isn't Trey Lance; Richardson has played plenty. There are concerns with him, but that's not a good comparison.
AR has played just one year as a starter. A total of 13 starts in college. So he's very inexperienced for a QB prospect. Much in the same way that Lance was coming out.

I've never been much of a Lance fan. Mainly due to him playing at North Dakota State. But also because he was lacking any true elite/special traits in his game. A good, but not great athlete.

I view Richardson as a much better athlete with incredible tools. But who lacks experience & understanding of how to play the position. He's also built like he was created in a lab. Has a similar stature to Cam Newton, but whose game is more like Justin Fields.

Will he ever become a more consistent passer? That's the million dollar question. I believe that he would in time. Assuming he goes to the right situation & the team who drafts him is patient.

Last edited:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
AR has played just one year as a starter. A total of 13 starts in college. So he's very inexperienced for a QB prospect. Much in the same way that Lance was coming out.

I've never been much of a Lance fan. Mainly due to him playing at North Dakota State. But also because he was lacking any true elite/special traits in his game. A good, but not great athlete.

I view Richardson as a much better athlete with incredible tools. But who lacks experience & understanding of how to play the position. He's also built like he was created in a lab. Has a similar stature to Cam Newton, but whose game is more like Justin Fields.

Will he ever become a more consistent passer? That's the million dollar question. I believe that he would in time. Assuming he goes to the right situation & the team who drafts him is patient.

If I was a team that drafted him, I would sit him for a minimum of one to possibly two years. Make sure I had a QB guru follow him around.

In a perfect world, he would still be available when the Hawks are picking at 20.
Dude is a 5th round pick on my board. I don't want any part of that fantasy. Hard pass.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Is anyone watching the combine together on Discord or anything like people were for the senior bowl?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The word at the combine is that Richardson is absolutely killing the interview process.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I have to imagine our FO is in love with him after hearing about his challenging upbringing and having to be a father figure in his house to his sister etc. Without knowing these individuals sometimes their stories are so inspiring, so easy to root for a great person