Anthony Richardson Pro day

Chevy

Reaction score
Richardson is a Lottery Ticket! And Seahawks have money (draft capital) to spend. I think DK would pass along his work ethic to Richardson, which DK had kind of received from Russell Wilson.

CPHawk

Reaction score
His throwing motion is going to get a lot of batted balls.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If he's there at 3, I wouldn't be surprised if we trade up.

GemCity

Reaction score
Two years under Geno would do a lot to address his form and accuracy.

I don’t know who we take with our first pick but, I’m convinced the Hawks tour to checkout the QBs is most definitely NOT a smokescreen.

They are legitimately considering snatching one at 5. Similarly, if there’s an offer they can’t refuse….

toffee

Reaction score
Two years under Geno would do a lot to address his form and accuracy.

I don’t know who we take with our first pick but, I’m convinced the Hawks tour to checkout the QBs is most definitely NOT a smokescreen.

They are legitimately considering snatching one at 5. Similarly, if there’s an offer they can’t refuse….
I agree, this is the first time in many years that Pete and John had a high enough pick to draft a franchise QB. They wanted to be sure on these QBs before deciding to trade down or take Anderson/Carter.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He has a low release point. Herbert (who is taller) used to throw from a higher point, then his QB coach changed it to a lower point, and he gets a ton of batted passes. They are working on switching it back. But at least he has a history of throwing from a higher point so it should be an easy fix. Richardson doesn’t.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
One thing that reported at the Florida Pro day was when Richardson has been throwing he hasn’t been using the laces I have heard of a few other QBs doing this this could be a factor in his accuracy issues

toffee

Reaction score
One thing that reported at the Florida Pro day was when Richardson has been throwing he hasn’t been using the laces I have heard of a few other QBs doing this this could be a factor in his accuracy issues
That light to be coachable? Unless he resists learning and changing.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Lottery ticket?
How many times have any of you ever won with a lottery ticket? And if you have what in the heck are you doing on a message board instead of running around buying up all the lottery tickets you can find?
It isn't like we just HAVE to draft a QB this year. But it is like we HAVE to get our defense fixed and several other weakness addressed.

OP
OP
H

HawksNation

Reaction score
Lottery ticket?
How many times have any of you ever won with a lottery ticket? And if you have what in the heck are you doing on a message board instead of running around buying up all the lottery tickets you can find?
It isn't like we just HAVE to draft a QB this year. But it is like we HAVE to get our defense fixed and several other weakness addressed.
We have 10 picks, we can spend one on possible franchise QB.
Jalen Carter is also a lottery ticket.

37% of 1st rounders are successful long term. They are all a lottery ticket

RiverDog

Reaction score
Richardson's demeanor during his Pro Day workout might not have gone over well with our brain trust:

“I will say of the four (top quarterback prospects’ pro days) – and I watched most of them, but not every single throw – Anthony’s was different. It was really loose,” (Brock) Huard said.

Huard thought Richardson’s workout happened around two-thirds of actual game speed, and noted that Richardson was smiling and joking around a lot of the time. He called that a big contrast to what CJ Stroud did at Ohio State’s pro day.

“CJ Stroud was locked in, he was dialed in. It felt like, ‘Hey man, sense of urgency.’ That’s the NFL – sense of urgency,” he said. “This was happy go lucky, let’s laugh a little bit, let’s giggle, let’s have some fun, let’s just put on a show, but let’s do it at like two-thirds speed.”

Huard said he assumes that some of the top Seahawks brass who have been attending these pro days didn’t like that.

“There’s no question it bothered some of them. It has to. This is the NFL. The NFL is not just, ‘Hey, we go half speed.’ The NFL is grown man, trying to take your livelihood and take your health away from you and blow you up. There’s got to be a sense of detail and sense of urgency,” he said.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
We have 10 picks, we can spend one on possible franchise QB.
Jalen Carter is also a lottery ticket.

37% of 1st rounders are successful long term. They are all a lottery ticket
Hell if 37 percent is considered a lottery ticket ill take 1000

IndyHawk

Reaction score
How does that happen?
It's one of the very first things you learn how to use when throwing
I can see it for sure causing accuracy issues.