Any New Orleans Injuries?

tdlabrie

Reaction score
About all we've heard all week is that Browner and WT3 are out, now probably Percy as well. But what about New Orleans? Do they have any "star power" out? I heard about their CB Jabari Greer being gone for the season, but anybody else significant out for Monday?

Hey, I'm nervous, I admit it, and I'm desperate for some good news.

Thanks.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint you, but the Saints are healthier than they have been all season long. They have the fewest players listed on the injury report that they have had listed all season.

Glenn Foster DE Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
Darren Sproles RB Ankle Full Participation in Practice Probable
Jahri Evans G Ankle Full Participation in Practice Probable
Chris Carr CB Hip Full Participation in Practice Probable
Keyunta Dawson DE Calf Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable

Two of the backup DE's are the only players with a chance of not playing.

VOR504

Reaction score
tdlabrie":3g2r0vo5 said:
About all we've heard all week is that Browner and WT3 are out, now probably Percy as well. But what about New Orleans? Do they have any "star power" out? I heard about their CB Jabari Greer being gone for the season, but anybody else significant out for Monday?

Well, losing Greer certainly hurt. But there was an article today discussing the fact that Rob Ryan will have Kenny Vaccaro, Roman Harper and Malcolm Jenkins back together for the first time since the opener against the Falcons. I actually had not focused on that point. It will allow Ryan more flexibility with coverage, blitzes, etc.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Seattle also has very good health with only two out as well.

Looking forward to the Feast of the Beast. :th2thumbs:

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
VOR504":2ek7p17n said:
tdlabrie":2ek7p17n said:

Well, losing Greer certainly hurt. But there was an article today discussing the fact that Rob Ryan will have Kenny Vaccaro, Roman Harper and Malcolm Jenkins back together for the first time since the opener against the Falcons. I actually had not focused on that point. It will allow Ryan more flexibility with coverage, blitzes, etc.

Yes, we will miss Greer, but Corey White is finally getting a chance to show his stuff at the CB2 position. Keenan Lewis is clearly the #1 CB and always gets the primary receiver. When a nickel is needed it will be either Vacarro or Malcolm who both have filled the role in different alignments.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2icn28nt said:
Seattle also has very good health with only two out as well.

Looking forward to the Feast of the Beast. :th2thumbs:

Looking forward to feasting on the Beast. ;)

Carmon1274

Reaction score
All I know is Vilma played 1 game and he's in IR. And yes Greer is out too, but the Saints corner's besides Keenan Lewis isn't that well. And many Saints fan are overhyping Lewis a lot.

Chopzley

Reaction score
Actually, the Saints are without their starting CBs (Greer and Robinson) and starting OLBs (Smith and Butler) for the SEASON.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Carmon1274":3s7qiqaw said:
All I know is Vilma played 1 game and he's in IR. And yes Greer is out too, but the Saints corner's besides Keenan Lewis isn't that well. And many Saints fan are overhyping Lewis a lot.

Vilma was never a part of the Saints 5th ranked defense. The corners beside Lewis "are that good". Corey White has been outstanding getting to play fulltime. The backup corners are the veteran Chris Carr and the UDFA Rod Sweeting who looked great in the preseason earning the spot on the roster. Given the variety of schemes that Rob Ryan brings to the table the corners have less responsibility. And the Saints fans are not "overhyping" Lewis at all. He is an excellent cover corner.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
It's not a terrible step down from BB & WT III to Maxwell and Lane and it's not as though we're unaccustomed to playing without Percy, we got this.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Chopzley":2fnxux83 said:
Actually, the Saints are without their starting CBs (Greer and Robinson) and starting OLBs (Smith and Butler) for the SEASON.

:mrgreen:

I just noticed this. That is too funny. Greer was the only player that you mentioned that was even assured of a roster spot coming into the season. Robinson had already lost his nickel duties and had zero chance of starting with Keenan Lewis joining the Saints. Will Smith had no chance of any significant input with all of the more dynamic options available already. Butler never played a down for the Saints and was nothing more than a backup with the Cowboys. The current OLB's have helped lead the Saints the the NFL lead in sacks so far.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":3ap85op3 said:
Carmon1274":3ap85op3 said:

Vilma was never a part of the Saints 5th ranked defense. The corners beside Lewis "are that good". Corey White has been outstanding getting to play fulltime. The backup corners are the veteran Chris Carr and the UDFA Rod Sweeting who looked great in the preseason earning the spot on the roster. Given the variety of schemes that Rob Ryan brings to the table the corners have less responsibility. And the Saints fans are not "overhyping" Lewis at all. He is an excellent cover corner.

Saints fans: "All our CB's are outstanding, even our UDFA back-ups! We'll be fine!"

Next breath:

"The Hawks are so screwed that they have to play their backup CB's that have starting experience!"

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Corey White? And the Seahawks are the ones in trouble at corner.... Hahahahaha

devilhawk88

Reaction score
How many players are still on the team from the last time Marshawn ran through them?

BocciHawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":4175678w said:
Saints fans: "All our CB's are outstanding, even our UDFA back-ups! We'll be fine!"

Next breath:

"The Hawks are so screwed that they have to play their backup CB's that have starting experience!"

This.

I had this EXACT same reaction to reading the posts. Anyone starting UDFA corners against RW is at a definite disadvantage. Tate, Baldwin, Kearse will all be productive against the weakest link, which sounds pretty weak.

Our backups not only have experience but represent the cream of the crop from a pretty good training camp competition i.e. some of the guys we cut in those positions ended up getting picked up and starting elsewhere, so they're certainly mid tier with lots of upside, if not better than that. DB is the deepest part of our roster.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1cc4zm3b said:
AsylumGuido":1cc4zm3b said:
Carmon1274":1cc4zm3b said:

Next breath:

/thread

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
devilhawk88":22voy6jw said:
How many players are still on the team from the last time Marshawn ran through them?

One. Roman Harper is the only defensive player left from that roster.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
BocciHawk":3srzywwk said:
AbsolutNET":3srzywwk said:

Next breath:

This.

I had this EXACT same reaction to reading the posts. Anyone starting UDFA corners against RW is at a definite disadvantage. Tate, Baldwin, Kearse will all be productive against the weakest link, which sounds pretty weak.

Our backups not only have experience but represent the cream of the crop from a pretty good training camp competition i.e. some of the guys we cut in those positions ended up getting picked up and starting elsewhere, so they're certainly mid tier with lots of upside, if not better than that. DB is the deepest part of our roster.

Corey White is not a UDFA. Not sure where you got that idea. He was the third player and first CB selected by the Saints in the 2012 draft.